• Please log in to reply
2428 replies to this topic

#81 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

the problem i've found is that they tell you all these things to look for, and if any of them happen, to let them know - like decreased baby movement, change in blood sugars (in my case), constant pain in one area, etc. - so you're watching for all of that, and it makes you almost paranoid! most of the time it's nothing, and then you (or i do anyway) feel like an ass for calling. ugh. 9 more weeks! lol

#82 LisaG

LisaG
    • VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

He did make me feel alot better. Ann - you're right! There are so many things you have to think about during the pregnancy, that you are almost paranoid about every little thing that is not normal. Just like the pains for me felt exactly like constipation, but my luck, I would ignore it like I usually would and then something would be wrong. I'm sure dr. are use to 1st time moms being a little more concerned about things that a 2nd and 3rd time mom would not even think twice about. I say if something hurts or doesn't feel right - - call the dr.!

#83 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

another problem is that we don't have anything to compare it to. like they say "if something feels not normal" - well, what the hell is normal? it's not normal for me to feel a living human moving around in me! lol

#84 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
        • VIP Member
        • 4,116 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:48 PM

LOL! Good point Ann!

#85 DreaW

DreaW
          • Banned
          • 2,462 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by AnnR
            Amy - I hear ya on the big baby fear - as if we diabetics don't have to go through enough, we also get a huge baby (well, I am Type I, but same consequences!)! Hang in there!

Glad everyone is doing well, despite some discomfort. That's probably my biggest complaint now too - I have a hard lump in my side and my upper left belly, I think one is a butt and one is the head. But we will find out on Friday for my 30 week checkup.

I will have weekly appointments from here on out - woohoo! That baby won't be able to do much w/o me knowing about it. Except I will skip next week, since I will be in CA (not looking forward to that 4 hour flight!), and then AZ to visit my mom.

Oh, and I broke a toe yesterday - which makes walking really fun. I had a little waddle going, now I also limp. Paul calls me Igor!
            sorry Ann, had to laugh at this. I'm sorry you broke your toe, how did you manage that?
            Where in CA are you going to be?

#86 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:02 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DreaW
              sorry Ann, had to laugh at this. I'm sorry you broke your toe, how did you manage that?
              Where in CA are you going to be?
              I stub my toes all of the time, and have broken another one before that way. I've also broken them playing soccer! But this time I stubbed it on my desk. It hurt pretty bad, but I didn't think much of it ... until I started walking around more. And now this morning it's puffy and a little off-colored. I'm such a clutz!

I'll be at my client site in Walnut Creek (East Bay)!

#87 Martha

Martha
              • VIP Member
              • 3,906 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

Rachelle- I didn't know you were pregnant!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Sorry to hear about you toe, Ann! I am clumsy too!

Christine- I am glad the baby has moved! I hear C-sections are not fun to recover from (sorry, Ann, lol)

Lisa- I am glad your stomach issues were nothing serious! So, it was gas pain?

Amy- enjoy your time off! I am a teacher too and it wears me out nowadays!
                Relax and enjoy the peace....try not to think of the swollen legs! You are so close!

#88 LisaG

LisaG
                • VIP Member
                • 7,839 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:40 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Just Martha
                  Lisa- I am glad your stomach issues were nothing serious! So, it was gas pain?
                  LOL!! Yes, gas pains!!

#89 Martha

Martha
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,906 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:27 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LisaG
                    LOL!! Yes, gas pains!!
                    Ha! I was having gas issues for a while there. No pain, just uh,other issues!

#90 LisaG

LisaG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,839 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:36 AM

It's great, isn't it! At night when we are watching t.v., I have to make sure I'm covered up cause I umm "break wind" most of the night...and uummm I would rather James not have to smell it....ROFL!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users