Mommies to be check in

Christine

Hey girls!! I had the greatest 3 day weekend ever!! Now it's back to work - boo!! I've been feeling really good. The occasional backache that's been around for a few weeks now - nothing I can't handle. A little vajayjay pain, but nothing too bad. All in all, things are going well. A little nesting kicked in yesterday and I organzed the rest of Luke's room, bought some big plastic bins and put away some clothes people have given me for him and some maternity clothes, packed most of my big suitcase and my labor bag. I have a few more things for my labor bag then I'll be able to put at least the suitcase away in my trunk for the big day. I know it's a little early, but hey, I had the energy for it so there you go!

We also bot a new camera yesterday which is totally cool!!! It's a Nikon D90 with a HD video on it. James and I compromised....I wanted to hire a photog for Luke's 1st year and it was going to be about $1400 min., and he was so not going for it. So we decided to spend that much on a camera and printer so HE could take all the pics. He took some photog classes in college and use to be soooo into it. So I think it will also be a great hobby for him to get into again. He spent ALL day playing with it yesterday while I nested wink.gif

Amy - How exciting that Austin is sleeping in his own crib. I'm sure it was so hard the first night but it sounds like he did a great job and an even better one the next night, Way to go!!

Martha - I'm soooo sorry to hear about your booby pain. I can't even imagine what that feels like. Oh and I HATE BRAS!!!! With a passion!!!! I have yet to find a comfy one and the sports bras make me look like a have a uni-boob. Arhg!!

Karma - The backaches really do suck!! Hang in there girl - - you're almost done. I keep a heat pad on our couch and lay on it almost every night. It helps so much!!

Mo - That's great news that you have been feeling better. I agree one or two bad days are so much easier to deal with, than having to deal with every single day being bad.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martha - I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. I hope you feel better soon!

Lisa - You sound like you're so organized. That's great about the camera - it sounds like it's a great one and it's a hobby that James can get back into...perfect!

Mo - glad you're feeling better!

Amy - that's great that he's doing so well in his crib!

Karma - sorry you're so uncomfortable, only a few more weeks though!

As for me, I had another appointment yesterday. Everything is good. I put on 5 lbs. in the past month, which sounds like a lot to me, but my doctor said I'm right on track so I'm not going to worry about it. The baby's heartbeat is around 145. The only thing that is annoying me is that my nose is constantly bloody. Did anyone else have this? My doctor said it's because my mucous membranes are affected by pregnancy, so it's not unusual, just annoying. Mike hasn't been too bad torturing me with the knowing the sex of the baby. But he's not coming with me to register for fear that he'll give it away by his choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
Lisa - You sound like you're so organized. That's great about the camera - it sounds like it's a great one and it's a hobby that James can get back into...perfect!

As for me, I had another appointment yesterday. Everything is good. I put on 5 lbs. in the past month, which sounds like a lot to me, but my doctor said I'm right on track so I'm not going to worry about it. The baby's heartbeat is around 145. The only thing that is annoying me is that my nose is constantly bloody. Did anyone else have this? My doctor said it's because my mucous membranes are affected by pregnancy, so it's not unusual, just annoying. Mike hasn't been too bad torturing me with the knowing the sex of the baby. But he's not coming with me to register for fear that he'll give it away by his choices.
I really am trying to get everything done before he gets here. I still need to get a place in the kitchen ready for all the bottles and things like that. I still have some time though.

5 lbs in 1 month is great Lizz! I never got nose bleeds, but I'm a q-tip freak and I always swish a q-tip around my nostils in the mornings after my shower to make sure there's nothing that might want to hang out later. I did notice some blood on that every once in awhile, but nothing too bad. I have heard it's common in pregnancy though, that's why I didn't think much of it when I saw it.
I keep forgetting he knows the sex!! I can't believe he's doing such a great job keeping it a secret.

Martha- OMG, you poor thing. I can't beileve that you can get mastitis before you even have your baby. I hope it starts feeling better soon.

Mo- I'm so glad that you are doing better!

Lizz- I'm so glad that mike hasn't slipped up yet. We tried keeping Hannah's gender a secret before the wedding and both Steve and I slipped up to our family members before the wedding.

Lisa- How exciting that you guys got a new camera. I have been wanting a SLR for so long now. I was thinking about a Nikon as well. I think its a great investment considering how expensive photogs are around here. I've been pricing some and WOW.. it would cost around 700-800 for a good one including the prints.

As for me, I had an interesting doctor appointment today. I found out how much Hannah weighs. She is a whopping 5 pounds! LOL. She is a small fry! The doc says she should be around 6 1/2 - 7 pounds when she is born. I got checked again today and NOTHING is going on down there. My cervix is still closed. I'm kind of glad now though, since I know how small she is. Also, I found out that I am GBS+, I was with my first so I had a feeling I would be again. So it looks like I will be in the hospital for at least 48 hours after birth. Which sucks because it's an additional $525 that we have to pay out of our pockets. That was about it.

At least you know Karma, so they can give you meds at delivery. I didn't know you had to stay longer if you were positive though.

Photogs in the area are pretty pricey. I was going to be a min. of $1400 for his first year photos. It would have been spread out over the year, but it was $700 upfront. It is just crazy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
At least you know Karma, so they can give you meds at delivery. I didn't know you had to stay longer if you were positive though.

Photogs in the area are pretty pricey. I was going to be a min. of $1400 for his first year photos. It would have been spread out over the year, but it was $700 upfront. It is just crazy!!
Yeah. I looked at a few photogs and they had around a $250-300 sitting fee then an additional $500 minimum print purchase. The print minimum is kind of ridiculous to me. Then you don't even own the rights to the pictures. I found a lady who is kind of new and doesn't charge that much, and still takes good pics, so I might go that route.

Mo- I am glad you are feeling better. I bet those few bad days aren't so bad when you compare them to how you felt at the beginning of your pregnancy. I hope it's smooth sailing here on out!

Lizz- I didn't know Mike knew the sex...I thought you both didn't want to know. There is NO way Jay could keep that secret from me. Good for Mike! ha!

Lisa- I have been in a nesting mood also...Noah's room is just about done. Jay is going to paint a few more fish on some of the walls and I need to put away a few more things and wash all his clothes and linens and we should be good to go. I really wanted to wash his blankets and towels and sheets today...I need to get on it!

Karma- Why do you have to stay in the hospital 48 extra hours? My best friend that just had a baby a month ago was GBS+ and she got to go home the very next day.

Amy- How's Austin doing?

Well...I had another horrible OB appt today. I saw my doctor for all of 10 seconds. I told the nurse about the Mastitis and she was shocked because she had only heard of it while b-feeding. I always see the nurse before the doctor comes in and she is the one that asks if I have any pain, discharge, etc...By the time the doc comes in, he has already looked over her notes. He walks in, doesn't say anything about the Mastitis, does the exam, says nothing is going on, I ask if he is head down, he says yes but that could change (?), takes off the glove, grabs my file, says "I'll see ya next week," and WALKS OUT!!!

HELL-FREAKING-LO! What about the darn Mastitis? Do you not carehuh.gif Do you not want to follow uphuh.gif What about my questions I had (GBS)huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif?

Anyhow...I am not so worried about the GBS test anymore. I prayed to God to give me a sign on what to do, and I believe in my heart of hearts that I got Mastitis so that I could be put on antibiotics in the ER and get the Cephalexin to ease my mind....I know it may seem silly to you guys, but in my mind and heart is makes sense. I take 2000mg/day for 10 days and I've read that if you are GBS+ and are allergic to penicilin, they will can give you the Cephalexin. I believe God works in mysterious ways....

BUT....I am still going to beg and plead for the antibiotic in L&D. Do the L&D nurses want to chime in and help me out with this? Do you think they might do it?

I am feeling better today. Still wearing a bra all the time...even in the shower. ha!

Martha- Wow, really your doctor sounds like a piece of work. I'm frustrated for you. Seriously, you are 37 weeks, what if you have questions about delivery? I'm so sorry, but seriously dump this guy after Noah's born and don't look back!

And about the GBS, my doc said that the pediatrician likes to monitor babies born to GBS+ moms for symptoms for 48 hours before they discharge them. So it's really more for Hannah than it is me.

And I understand what you mean about God working in mysterious ways. I think you have a good plan. Try not to stress too much about it. I'm sure it will all be ok.

Martha - Good Lord your doc is a jerk!! I can't even believe he doesn't ask if you have any questions for him. You're 3 weeks away from delivery - or closer - and people have questions!!!! Even my doc when he's in a hurry will ask that. Rude man!!