Mommies to be check in

• Please log in to reply
2428 replies to this topic

#661 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:50 PM

Mo, I'm sorry you're still going through with all of the IV stuff. I really hope it's all done for good soon.

Lisa & Martha, I hope you both go a little early!

#662 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:03 PM

Ha! That is a funny dream, Lisa!

Thanks, Lizz, me too!!!

So....I think I have varicose veins on my girly bits. Not sure but that keeps coming up when i Google my pain. I am glad it's pretty common, but still embarrassing to talk about nonetheless!

#663 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

Is anyone taking birthing classes? We don't start ours until Oct. 2nd. They are once a week for 4 weeks...I have a feeling we wont get to go to the last one because I will have delivered by then.

And not to bring up a sore subject, but a friend of mine was due on Wed. was telling me that she got some paperwork from the hospital stating that some insurances don't cover circumcision. If you are having a boy and are planning to circ, you might wanna check on this so you know if you will have any added extra cost.

#664 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:49 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Just Martha
          Is anyone taking birthing classes? We don't start ours until Oct. 2nd. They are once a week for 4 weeks...I have a feeling we wont get to go to the last one because I will have delivered by then.
          We start at the end of October. I called about a month ago and the guy thought I was nuts because I was calling so early. He said people usually don't take them til they're in their 3rd trimester, but I wanted to get them over and done with so I'm starting them early. Let us know how they go!

#665 Martha

Martha
          • VIP Member
          • 3,906 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:05 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lizz
            We start at the end of October. I called about a month ago and the guy thought I was nuts because I was calling so early. He said people usually don't take them til they're in their 3rd trimester, but I wanted to get them over and done with so I'm starting them early. Let us know how they go!

See, I am with you. I would have taken them earlier, but we just moved and had to wait because a 3 hour drive once a week for the classes would have been horrible. ha!

My friend said she and her BF gained a lot of knowledge. I am excited. Jay's sisters think it's funny that we are going because they never went. So, now Jay thinks we don't need to go...wait until he gets there. I know he will like the classes!

#666 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Just Martha
              See, I am with you. I would have taken them earlier, but we just moved and had to wait because a 3 hour drive once a week for the classes would have been horrible. ha!

My friend said she and her BF gained a lot of knowledge. I am excited. Jay's sisters think it's funny that we are going because they never went. So, now Jay thinks we don't need to go...wait until he gets there. I know he will like the classes!
              Mike doesn't think he needs to go either, but hopefully he'll change his mind once we get there. He loves kids, but has a fear of holding newborns and hasn't changed a diaper in 20+ years, so I think it will do him a lot of good to go. I can't wait to hear how yours go.

#667 LisaG

LisaG
              • VIP Member
              • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:22 PM

We start ours on the 16th. It's once a week for 6 weeks. James and I both are really excited about them. He was shockingly excited to go since he will be learning things he has no clue about.

As far as insurance covering circ. I haven't even checked into it. I guess I need too.

#668 KarmaB

KarmaB
                • 796 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

Steve and I both did them with our 6 year olds, so we decided to not do them this time around, plus with the kids in school it would be hard since bed time is 8:30. But I did decide to order a class on DVD. It's 5 hours long, so we have been watching the lessons in 1 hour blocks. It's been a nice refresher so far.

You girls will have a lot of fun, plus your DH's will understand what you are actually going through, so hopefully they will be a little more sympathetic!

#669 Martha

Martha
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,906 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

I called Cigna and they do cover circumcision. :)

Well, I have been battling with who is going to be in the room with us. We are only allowed 2 people...I REALLY only want Jay in there. My mom IS going to be in there and I feel bad saying it, but I don't want her to be. She is a nurse and I know it will help to have a spokesperson in there just in case, but she is ummm a little loud when she is excited and a little overbearing and just think she will get on my nerves. I love her, but she has a very strong personality...I told her that I can only have one person in the room, but she didn't buy it. Oh well. I am sure it will be fine and I would never want to deny her the "priviledge" of being in there.

#670 LisaG

LisaG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

Just James is going to be in the delivery room with me. He made it very clear he wanted to be the only one there. I told him it was a big responsibility and he needed to keep me focused and be a good adult coach if he was going to be the only one there. I honestly just want him there. I think it's something that I just want him and I to share.
                      Oh and my mom hasn't even asked if she could be there. I think she knows it's not an option for her. Of course I want her there - just not in the room with us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users