Jump to content

Photo

Mommies to be check in


  • Please log in to reply
2428 replies to this topic

#521 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

    Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:05 AM

    Thanks, girlies. So I guess it would be pretty noticeable if I was having them? I am not yet, but I guess that's good?

    #522 LisaG

    LisaG
    • VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

      Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:54 AM

      I actually think I might be having them too. My stomach tightens up and gets really hard for a few seconds, then goes away. No pain with it. It happened last night and I told James to feel of it and he was like....is it suppose to be that hard?? Hummm....

      #523 KarmaB

      KarmaB
      • Member
      • 796 posts

        Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

        Lisa- Yep, that most likely is a BH.

        How are you ladies coming with preparing for baby? I feel like now that I'm headed into the home stretch there is so much left to do and so many choices. I spent 2 hours last night researching bottles, lol! And I plan on breastfeeding! Steve says I'm in major nesting mode.

        He finished painting her nursery last night and it feels so real now. Now if only I can wait patiently until the middle of September for her furniture. :-(

        #524 LisaG

        LisaG
        • VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

          Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:07 PM

          I feel like I am in total nesting mode too, but James is fighting it. He keeps telling me I'm doing things too soon, but I don't think I am.
          The room has been painted for over a month. We've put the 4 drawer chest in the room, and James put the bed together last night. We still have to put together the changing table. I'm going to put the mattress in tonight :)
          We have all the bedding, but I think I might wait another few weeks to put it on the bed.
          My showers are Sept 13th & 21st. I'm so excited!! I keep stalking my registry for no reason at all, because no one has got an invite yet..lol.

          #525 KarmaB

          KarmaB
          • Member
          • 796 posts

            Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:53 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by LisaG
            I feel like I am in total nesting mode too, but James is fighting it. He keeps telling me I'm doing things too soon, but I don't think I am.
            The room has been painted for over a month. We've put the 4 drawer chest in the room, and James put the bed together last night. We still have to put together the changing table. I'm going to put the mattress in tonight :)
            We have all the bedding, but I think I might wait another few weeks to put it on the bed.
            My showers are Sept 13th & 21st. I'm so excited!! I keep stalking my registry for no reason at all, because no one has got an invite yet..lol.
            When I had my son, I procrastinated everything. And sure enough he came 3 weeks early. So I think it is better to do it early. Plus, we are still pretty mobile now. I'm sure in 2 months we are going to be exhausted. That's how I justify it to Steve. LOL.

            As soon as you get the bedding in, make sure and take a picture for us! How cool that you are having two showers! I opted out this time since it's #2.

            #526 LisaG

            LisaG
            • VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

              Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:03 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by KarmaB
              When I had my son, I procrastinated everything. And sure enough he came 3 weeks early. So I think it is better to do it early. Plus, we are still pretty mobile now. I'm sure in 2 months we are going to be exhausted. That's how I justify it to Steve. LOL.

              As soon as you get the bedding in, make sure and take a picture for us! How cool that you are having two showers! I opted out this time since it's #2.
              I keep telling him to expect me to be up to 5 weeks early. I think he'll come around in a week or two and realize that I always know what I'm talking about :)
              Oh you can bet that I will take pics as soon as there is something to look at!!

              #527 Martha

              Martha
              • VIP Member
              • 3,906 posts

                Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:20 PM

                I'll be expecting the BH soon!

                We haven't bought any bedding or furniture yet because we are moving back to our hometown at the end of the month and we just want to wait until we find a place and get settled in.

                We already have our bedding picked out though, it just needs to be ordered. I guess we could go ahead and order our furniture since I know it can take up to 8 weeks to come in, but we haven't even looked yet! Slackers!

                #528 Birdie07

                Birdie07
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,218 posts

                  Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:56 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KarmaB
                  Lisa- Yep, that most likely is a BH.

                  How are you ladies coming with preparing for baby? I feel like now that I'm headed into the home stretch there is so much left to do and so many choices. I spent 2 hours last night researching bottles, lol! And I plan on breastfeeding! Steve says I'm in major nesting mode.

                  He finished painting her nursery last night and it feels so real now. Now if only I can wait patiently until the middle of September for her furniture. :-(
                  I just wanted to help you on the bottle search. Being in childcare for 12 years I've used every bottle and my favorite is the silikids. It's glass with a silicone sleeve to protect it. You can throw it across the room and it won't break! Plus no chemicals leeching from plastic bottles. Congrats on breastfeeding! But if you want backup or a bottle for pumped milk this is my total recommendation. The silicon makes it easier to grip and it doesn't fade. Though Dr. Brown's also makes glass bottles but I'm not a big fan.
                  Heres the link:
                  silikids: Siliskin 8oz

                  ETA: I thought if you really didn't want a glass bottle I like the Adiri bottles which are also bisphenol-a free and polycarbonate-free. They are easy to use and shaped more like a mothers breast.
                  Adiri - Natural Nurser Ultimate Baby Bottle

                  #529 Martha

                  Martha
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,906 posts

                    Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:13 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CaliaA07
                    I just wanted to help you on the bottle search. Being in childcare for 12 years I've used every bottle and my favorite is the silikids. It's glass with a silicone sleeve to protect it. You can throw it across the room and it won't break! Plus no chemicals leeching from plastic bottles. Congrats on breastfeeding! But if you want backup or a bottle for pumped milk this is my total recommendation. The silicon makes it easier to grip and it doesn't fade. Though Dr. Brown's also makes glass bottles but I'm not a big fan.
                    Heres the link:
                    silikids: Siliskin 8oz

                    ETA: I thought if you really didn't want a glass bottle I like the Adiri bottles which are also bisphenol-a free and polycarbonate-free. They are easy to use and shaped more like a mothers breast.
                    Adiri - Natural Nurser Ultimate Baby Bottle
                    From the research I have done, Dr. Browns does not have drop in holders for breastmilk. I am sticking to good ole Playtex because they really help with the colicky baby. Or at least they have for the babies in my family.

                    ETA: Nevermind! I just found some Dr. Brown bags! Woot!

                    #530 KarmaB

                    KarmaB
                    • Member
                    • 796 posts

                      Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by CaliaA07

                      ETA: I thought if you really didn't want a glass bottle I like the Adiri bottles which are also bisphenol-a free and polycarbonate-free. They are easy to use and shaped more like a mothers breast.
                      Adiri - Natural Nurser Ultimate Baby Bottle

                      Thank you, so much! We are defiantly going with a bottle that is BPA free and the Adiri looks awesome. I'm going to add it to my list. As of now, I'm trying to decide between Born Free and the new Avent BPA free. Breastfeeding is so important to me, if I can I would like to give Hannah 100% breast milk, but I'm sure we will need a bottle for Daddy once in a while.

                      Do you have an recommendations on pumps? I was thinking Medela, but wasnt' 100% sure yet.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users