#251 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:20 AM

I cannot imagine what will happen next school year when I am actually producing milk, imagine explaining to my 18 year olds why my shirt has wet spots around my boobies.
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#252 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:24 AM

I used to work with a girl that pumped what seemed like every hour becuase she was leaking so much. Can you do the same?

#253 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:32 AM

oh no I cannot pump every hour, classes are 90 minutes long. I spoke with our only female principal and asked her to arrange my schedule so I can pump, but most likely it won't happen...so I will have to teach for at least 3 hours straight at some point which sucks. I will see when I get my schedule but most likely I will pump a lot over the summer and use the frozen stuff for the most part...I don't know what will happen, but I have had anxiety about it for months now.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#254 LisaG

LisaG
    • VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:51 AM

WHAT Karma - that's so early. That means I'm right behind you? Does it really happen that early??

o.k. - - I think I was feeling the baby move last night. I was laying on the couch and I kept feeling something like gas rolling in my stomach really quickly over and over again. It was very weird. I also think I might be constipated, so maybe it was gas bubbles - I really don't know what it's suppose to feel like, but if I had to guess, that was it.

#255 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:53 AM

yes it does feel like gas bubbles at first Lisa, I bet that was your little one moving.
      I don't think the leaking happens that early for all women.

#256 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:50 AM

Lisa, it hasn't happened to me yet, so I think we are okay.

I did not renew my contract for the next school year because we are moving and I really don't know what grade I will be teaching next year...but I am only certified Pre-K-4th. Unless I don't get a job at all because I haven't even applied anywhere and seriously who is going to hire someone that will need 6 weeks off in November?

When I was a junior in high school, my English teacher had a baby the summer before school started and she leaked one time during class and we were all like "what the heck?" I think the girls figured it out but the guys had no clue. We were only 16 or 17, so it was foreign to us. But, she was a total goofball and could totally laugh at herself and just played it off.

But, that was 16 years ago, so I have no idea what teenagers are like nowadays.

#257 amym567

amym567
        • 403 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:27 AM

I didn't have any leaking (or anything come in at all) until Austin was born. I don't know how common it is to get it early, but not everyone does!
          Amy

#258 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:43 AM

Martha didn't you just move this year too, wow that's a lot going on for you.
          My students are AP level seniors, I had to tell them when I was 7 weeks pregnant because they noticed my blood vessel in my eye that was crazy red from throwing up. They notice everything.

#259 amym567

amym567
          • 403 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:47 AM

Christine! I can't believe that you're still here!!!! Is it tomorrow that they want to induce you??
            Amy

#260 LisaG

LisaG
            • VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:49 AM

I'm happy to hear that not everyone leaks and get's milk before the baby. Whew!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users