#2271 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stacey
    Mrs Martin, there is a tea called Get Rugular. Its made by Yogi teas, you can find it at Whole Foods. I bet that would help you. I would think that you could drink it since it is a natural tea. there is also another tea called Smooth Move that you might be able to find at the grocery store. I hope that helps!
    I was going to suggest the same thing!

Mrs. Martin - hope you start too feel better soon :)

Andrea - ur new siggy is adorable!!

#2272 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:27 PM

I think that you have to avoid all herbal teas when you are preggers. Since the are not regulated as to what is in them. Off to look it up :)

#2273 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

My obgyn website reccommends for CONSTIPATION while pregnant:
        Metamucil, Fibercon, Citracal, Colace, Senokot Plain, Milk of Magnesia

about mid way down: Rocky Mountain Ob-Gyn - Denver, Colorado

Drinking Herbal Teas during Pregnancy : American Pregnancy Association

#2274 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

I am also a fan of smooth move for those issues, but here is what smooth move says on a sellers website:
          Buy Traditional Medicinals Smooth Move Herbal Stimulant Laxative Tea, Bags Online at drugstore.com

"As with any drug, if you are pregnant or nursing a baby, seek the advice of a health professional before using this product. "

#2275 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,369 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

Hmmm Erika - that is good to know! Thanks for the links :)

#2276 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
            • 514 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

You ladies are too cute!! Thanks for all the suggestions!! I've actually been drinking the Yogi Tea (and also the "Mother's to be" version that helps with morning sickness). Both didn't work I've been eating lots of prunes, plenty of fiber, etc. The doc just said since it's a combination of the pregnancy and meds that are causing the constipation, that the only thing that will really help me at this point is to stop taking the meds. So, for now I'll just take the meds when I'm super nauseous (and be constipated) and try taking a few med-free days and try to regulate my system again. I've also been taking stool softners (safe during pregnancy) and it helps a bit.

It's funny that not being "regular" can be such a big deal- never realized how nasty you feel when you can't poop!!!! Now, I will be much more sympathetic when I see Activia commercials :)

#2277 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
              • Banned
              • 3,639 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

Well I hope your body gets bad on track cause that just stinks. This might be gross or TMI but can you get an enima? (sp). I would think that would work for the time being. I would hate the feeling of being constipated!

#2278 jmb0902

jmb0902
                • 496 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

Hey ladies!! I have been MIA for a while now and wanted to check back in now that things have calmed down!! To catch you up, in the past 3 weeks I have: been to Italy, started a new job, been to New Orleans, and started my 2nd Trimester! Who says pregnancy slows things down?! But really, it's been crazy, and luckily (knock on wood) I never even thought about not feeling well or getting sick this whole time. Apparently not getting sick runs in our family (I'm a lucky, lucky girl).

We are right at 16 weeks and have our anatomy U/S in a few more weeks. We did the Intelli-Gender Urine test last week just for fun ($32!!) - I'm not good at reading stuff like that, and I thought it could have matched the colors for a boy (green) or a girl (orange)... my DH said it looked like girl to him. I had him do a quick U/S yesterday (he's an ER doc) just to make sure our little Nugget is still there - and he said he saw nothing between any legs... so it's looking like a girl... but I'm not buying pink until I get the okay from our OB/GYN!! I swear I would buy an U/S machine if I could!

On another TMI topic - Mrs. Martin I'm so sorry you're having issues!! I did while we were in Italy, and didn't go to the bathroom for 5 days (when I travel I am really irregular, but that was a little much)!!! Finally, my DH convinced me that an enema was the only way to go... I thought it would be awful, but I honestly felt SO much better when it was all over. My OB said for me to try Miralax if it becomes a chronic issue, but the enema is fine too.

#2279 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
                  • Banned
                  • 3,639 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

HAHA buy your own US machine I love it! :) YAY for a girl. A and I are hoping we get a little boy when we start to try. I have a doc appt lined up next week to talk about my IUD getting pulled out and talk about getting prego.

#2280 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                    • 5,521 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:02 PM

JMB- you sound like you are having a blast! Awesome!

I cant wait to go to the doc next wednesday and talk babies! LoL
                      I would love a baby girl! or any baby for that matter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users