Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Christine

Mommies to be check in

Recommended Posts

Congrats Summer, she is adorable.

Kevsgirl, congrats on finding out it's a girl. Hope everyone is doing well.

I went in for another appt today and I'm almost 2cm. She also stripped my membranes (which hurt like hell) and hooked me up to this maching to monitor her heartrate and my contractions. If I don't go into labor by this weekend I will be having her on Monday. They are going to break my water and then get things going.

I'll keep you ladies updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
She also stripped my membranes (which hurt like hell) and hooked me up to this maching to monitor her heartrate and my contractions. If I don't go into labor by this weekend I will be having her on Monday. They are going to break my water and then get things going.
I'll keep you ladies updated.
Stripped your membranes?! That sounds so painful!!! What is that done for? Now you have me scrared....

Why do they want you delivering already (if you don't mind me asking) and not the full 40 weeks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Congrats Summer, she is adorable.
Kevsgirl, congrats on finding out it's a girl. Hope everyone is doing well.
I went in for another appt today and I'm almost 2cm. She also stripped my membranes (which hurt like hell) and hooked me up to this maching to monitor her heartrate and my contractions. If I don't go into labor by this weekend I will be having her on Monday. They are going to break my water and then get things going.
I'll keep you ladies updated.
OUCH! But yay for almost having a baby in your arms!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it was really painful. They do it to try to bring on labor. All it is is a pelvic exam and she runs her finger around my cervix to separate the sac. You don't have to get it done, this is something we decided because she going to break my water on Monday and she wants me to be at least 2cm. I'm almost a 2 now.

I'm being induced because she was breech a few weeks ago and she scheduled a c-section date for the 29th. The last 2 ultrasounds they did she was head down. They went ahead and cancelled the c-section but asked me if I wanted to get induced. I told her yes because I really didn't want her to have a chance to turn back around. They also don't want me to come close to my due date because they are afraid I won't make it to the hospital in time. My labor with my daughter was only 3 hrs and I made it to the hospital in time to push her out. They are fine in doing it because I'm full term anyway. So, if I don't go into labor this weekend I'll have her on Monday.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Martin View Post
Stripped your membranes?! That sounds so painful!!! What is that done for? Now you have me scrared....

 

Why do they want you delivering already (if you don't mind me asking) and not the full 40 weeks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

summer she is so cute, what a big girl... :)

 

im typing one handed so i will eleborate later but wanted to check in...

Kerrrington made her debute tuesday at 12:31 pm. by c section. I didnt get to see her for 3 hrs after they got her out because she was breathing fast. They gave her sirfacton to open up her lungs. She is fine now but is was scary. They kept on me about my BP was up even after delivery and I told them theirs would be too if they didnt get to see or hear their baby for 3 hrs.... Anyways all is good peditician says shes perfect I told her I thought so just wanted to hear it from her. LOL. Were coming home today. I cant upload pics here at the hospital but there is a website you can go to and see her fist photo shoot. Bella Baby Photography username and password 0623kerringtoncissell (all lowercases one word).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×