Mommies to be check in

Christine

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bisha, you have a cute bump, not too much longer to go. And Jenn you don't have much longer for your wedding. You must be excited!!!!!!!

Kelly, now you know you have to show off that bump, c'mon girl!!!!! If I showed mine in my cami, boyshorts AND no makeup you can show yours.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Oh, and I had my surgery yesterday. My doctor knew I wanted it removed so she scheduled it for yesterday. It went well, my arm is just killing me. It feels like I've been lifting weights all day. It aches so bad. I'm suppose to take this bandage off this morning but I'm scared to even look at it. But anyway, enough about me.

have a good day ladies!!!

Bisha- Cute bump!! You look so cute becomes it seems as if you are all belly. BTW- I love the paint color of the nursery!

Angel- Glad to hear your surgery went well. Hopefully you won't be sore for too much longer.

I've been feeling pretty good. I've been helping my mom plan the baby shower (i swear i feel like i'm planning a wedding again). She's planning it on her own, so i've been much more involved than i thought i would be. But, it's been fun! We're ordering the invitations and favors today.

I've noticed I've been sweating a lot now when I sleep. The last few nights I have woken up completely wet from sweat. Has anyone else experienced this?

You girls are rough...I will try and get a pick this week end. I dont want to scare anyone ...

Mrs Martin, I cant sleep in anything but a t shirt and I turn down the heat a bed time. It the furnace for two working hard. LOL.

I had another shower last night with my girlsfriends. It was nice. I have one more on the 7th with the neighbor girls. Were just going out to dinner.

I still have to go do my stupid 3 hour glucose test. I couldnt get into Quest until next sat to do it. I am so not looking forward to it. I have a girlfriend that i share my due date with and she is 98lbs 4'11'' and failed hers. I so dont want that...

I go back to the doc on the 29th and start my every 2 week appointments.

Jenn - what a beautiful name! Can't wait to meet her! :)

Angel - glad to hear your surgery went well!

Mrs. Martin - normally, I'm freezing all the time and now I insist we leave the window open at night! I sleep naked and still wake up sweaty sometimes. shitfan.gif

Kelly - good luck on your glucose test! It sucks to have gestational diabetes but deffinitely better to know and manage it than blow it off!

Well, we went for the childbirth class yesterday. Because of our crazy scheudles, we could only do the 1 day class. It was long!!!! 10-5 and we were both exhausted after but glad we went! It was very informative, not so much for me but absolutely for hubby. My main interest was in our hospital policies and how flexible or inflexible they are. I was happy to hear that they're very flexible when it comes to how you want to deliver as well as what type of drugs (if any) you want, etc, etc. Deffinitely put my mind at ease about the whole labor process:)

I could not believe that my ticket said 40 days to do today!!!! How crazy is thathuh.gif I can't believe how time is flying!

Hi ladies,

I just got back from my check up and I gained 8 pounds in one month!!! I couldn't believe it! I knew I had gained a lot this last month but I didn't think I gained that much. The doc said I should be gaining about a pound a week, but not to be too concerned since I started off with a low weight any way. But from now on she said that gaining 8 pounds each month will be excessive, so to just make sure I'm eating the right things. I hope that doesn't mean I have to give up my bowl of ice cream I have for dinner every night because I don't think I can!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Martin View Post
Hi ladies,

I just got back from my check up and I gained 8 pounds in one month!!! I couldn't believe it! I knew I had gained a lot this last month but I didn't think I gained that much. The doc said I should be gaining about a pound a week, but not to be too concerned since I started off with a low weight any way. But from now on she said that gaining 8 pounds each month will be excessive, so to just make sure I'm eating the right things. I hope that doesn't mean I have to give up my bowl of ice cream I have for dinner every night because I don't think I can!!
LOL MMMM ice cream sounds so good. All I have been wanting to eat lately is fajitas and soup.

I'm thinking since I have only gained a pound so far I will gain weight fast soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
LOL MMMM ice cream sounds so good. All I have been wanting to eat lately is fajitas and soup.

I'm thinking since I have only gained a pound so far I will gain weight fast soon.
I only gained like 2 pounds for the first few months, then it gradually started to be more. This last month though was a big spike for me! The doc said that most women around this time is when they really begin to show and will gain a large amount of weight in a short period of time. So, you'll be getting there soon enough!! Enjoy being your normal size for as long as possible smile29.gif

Oh and on my previous message I meant to say that the doc recommended only gaining a 1/2 pound a week, not 1 pound. Just goes to show that my 2 pounds a week wasn't any where near where I should be blush2.gif