Mommies to be check in

Christine

Did you get those bella bands yet Lizz? Those are working so well for me. Here's the ebay seller where I got the "knock off" ones: 3 Bloomn Belly Bands maternity pant jean bella tube top - eBay (item 310074254988 end time Aug-13-08 21:00:00 PDT)

I still haven't bought a stitch of maternity clothing and am doing just fine in all my old pants, jeans, etc using these bella bands. I know some girls said they didn't work well for them, but they're great for me- but I have a little bit of a booty so maybe that's why they stay on :) I normally wear an 8/10 pre-preg, and bought the Mediums. I almost think I could have gone with small though- they seem to fun a little big.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep - the bella band worked great for me. I also used a pony tail for awhile and that actually worked fine for me for several weeks. Just put it though the hole of your pants and loop it around, then wrap it around your button several times. No need to undo it while going to the bathroom because it stretched :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Did you get those bella bands yet Lizz? Those are working so well for me. Here's the ebay seller where I got the "knock off" ones: 3 Bloomn Belly Bands maternity pant jean bella tube top - eBay (item 310074254988 end time Aug-13-08 21:00:00 PDT)

I still haven't bought a stitch of maternity clothing and am doing just fine in all my old pants, jeans, etc using these bella bands. I know some girls said they didn't work well for them, but they're great for me- but I have a little bit of a booty so maybe that's why they stay on :) I normally wear an 8/10 pre-preg, and bought the Mediums. I almost think I could have gone with small though- they seem to fun a little big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
Yep - the bella band worked great for me. I also used a pony tail for awhile and that actually worked fine for me for several weeks. Just put it though the hole of your pants and loop it around, then wrap it around your button several times. No need to undo it while going to the bathroom because it stretched :)
Thanks girls! I've been meaning to buy the Bella Bands, but was going to wait to give a bigger order of clothes to my cousin. She is a designer for Motherhood & A Pea in the Pod and told me whenever I want something to tell her and she'll use her 40% discount (which is so nice!), so I wanted to give her a big list instead of just 1 thing. But I don't think I can wait much longer so I'll use the ebay seller that you did, Sarah...thank you!!! I really didn't want to put on maternity pants just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
I fought with the idea of maternity clothes for sooooo long. But eventually you have to give in to be comfy.
My friend is like 9 weeks and she just came by my work and is borrowing my bella band. She's fighting maternity clothes too :)
I know, I should just give in. I'm aggravated with myself b/c instead of just wearing them, I went to Kohl's last night and bought tons of medium-sized shirts to wear (instead of x-small/small) and then ordered a pair of size 6 pants from Old Navy online today (instead of size 4). My reasoning is that I can wear them again after the baby is born and before I lose the weight, but really I just know that I don't want to wear maternity clothes...lol! So I'm spending money I shouldn't be instead of wearing the maternity clothes that were so generously given to me for free...ahhh!!!!

I just went on ebay and ordered the belly bands that Sarah recommended, so hopefully that will extend the life of all of my pants. I too have a bit of a butt, so hopefully they'll work well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
what about babies with defects that can be corrected with surgery? What about cleft lip/palate babies? Are they perfect? Would it be better to leave them in their natural state? In many parts of the world where there isn't access to medicine people are left that way. I think those that get to have the surgery would probably say they are much better off. Totally not the same thing as a circumcision, but definitely my favorite rebuttal to the notion that babies are born perfect. Unfortunately not.
Thanks you replying. It's nice to see both sides. I'm not going to reply about circing again b/c I can see that I'm the only one against it. The only thing I want to reply is about cleft palate. I don't think it has any standing and the reason I am replying is my nephew was born with cleft palate! Is he perfect? YES HE IS! WE tell he him all the time. He is the most perfect 4 year old. Did we make him that way? No. It wasn't a CHOICE. And to not give him surgery would of made it so he couldn't eat, breath, or swallow. So it's no where near the same as circing. He is about to go into surgery in the next few weeks and I was gonna post about it b/c we're worried. Do we want him to have surgery? Noone wants their child to go through that but he NEEDS it. He has big breathing problems right now. So comparing it to circing isn't correct. Cleft palate is a much required surgery. And he is perfect. In our eyes. Maybe not anyone elses eyes. And for the record him and his brother are perfect little intact boys. Never had an infection. I wouldn't of replied at all b/c I want both sides out there and you did a great job. Just the cleft palate thing bothers me since its close to our heart and home.

I never used Bella Bands. I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 6 weeks and I think I had to start wearing maternity clothes at like 10 weeks or something. My regular clothes still fit (although snug) but were just so uncomfortable. I LOVE my maternity jeans and shorts. Super comfy. But, I am huge right now (I need to post an updated belly shot) and gained weight quickly. I look like I am about to pop and I am only 7 months.

Oh. Question. Does anyone have Cigna Insurance? I used to have Blue Cross/Blue Shield, but since I am not working for that district anymore, my insurance is up at the end of the month. Jay's new company uses Cigna. Luckily my OB, our family doctor and the hospital where we will deliver are all covered under their HMO plan. The rates are super cheap ($22 a month for the both of us, then $40 something when we add Noah) and it will only cost us $150 to have the baby....my old insurance was $2000 for L&D! Big difference.

My question is, does anyone know how good they are? I called Cigna and asked them if they considered pregnancy a pre-existing condition and she said they don't because "it goes away" (ha) I wanted to believe her, but I am a very skeptical person so I called and spoke to someone else and she also said I would be covered. Which is great because I was going to have to get COBRA which was like $500 a month. I have Googled some info on them and didn't find much.....

Anyone have any experience with them?

I've never had an experience with Cigna. I'm with BCBS. Kinda stinks that we're out so much $$ when other insurance companies pay so much for L&D. Oh well. Sorry I'm no help.

And yes - we need a updated belly shot. Have I posted my latest 24 week bump? I'll have to go back and check the thread.