41 replies to this topic

#21 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:29 AM

Jenny, so excited and happy for you, and jealous as well. I didn't realize I wanted a different dress until I had paid for the alterations So no backsies

Can't wait to see pics of the new one!

#22 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:39 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DougsGirl
    Jenny, so excited and happy for you, and jealous as well. I didn't realize I wanted a different dress until I had paid for the alterations So no backsies

Can't wait to see pics of the new one!
    Abbie, your dress is pretty. Don't be silly. I had multiple times thought I chose the wrong dress. Come wedding day, I loved it and felt good in it. That's all that matters.
    Happily married since 2008

#23 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:54 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
    Abbie, your dress is pretty. Don't be silly. I had multiple times thought I chose the wrong dress. Come wedding day, I loved it and felt good in it. That's all that matters.
    thanks rachel, dont get me wrong i think my dress is beautiful, it's so pretty and amazing, BUT, it's just not ME. i don't feel comfortable in it, i don't want the WOW factor that comes with it, i just wish i had realized that before the alterations. it's so hard to sit in, with the 16 point bustle up under my a$$, plus i've got the corset thing, and like you, my boobs get shoved up under my chin and i can't breathe

i wish i would have bought this other dress that feels more like me, fleece sweats and tshirts!

#24 MsSunshine

MsSunshine
    • 415 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:56 AM

I believe it was 90 days policy....check with the store where you bought it from or your receipt. I bought my dress a while back from out of state and couldn't wear it because I had a baby and outgrew it. So I took it to my local david's bridal store and couldn't exchange it becuase it was so long ago. I went to another David's bridal store about 45 minutes away and luckily I was able to exchange it for a different dress because the one I had was discontinued. If you can't find your receipt they should have it on the computer and you can exchange it.

#25 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:00 PM

haha Oh I see what you mean. Well that sucks. I never for one second had a "wow" moment in my dress but I'm totally not that type of person. I just liked it and thought it looked good on me in comparison to some other dresses.

On the wedding day though, I felt like such a little girl waiting for Christmas. I could have put on a paper sack and felt good. The feelings will make you feel wonderful- not the dress.

Maybe find a reception dress that you love. That way you can sit comfortably and it wouldn't be as expensive as purchasing a whole new wedding dress.
        Happily married since 2008

#26 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
        haha Oh I see what you mean. Well that sucks. I never for one second had a "wow" moment in my dress but I'm totally not that type of person. I just liked it and thought it looked good on me in comparison to some other dresses.

On the wedding day though, I felt like such a little girl waiting for Christmas. I could have put on a paper sack and felt good. The feelings will make you feel wonderful- not the dress.

Maybe find a reception dress that you love. That way you can sit comfortably and it wouldn't be as expensive as purchasing a whole new wedding dress.
        i was thinking if i ran across $400.00 and some extra time i might go buy the one i love and use it for the mexico wedding, two weddings, two dresses? but i dont think i'll get extra $ any time soon, oh well. i'm sure i'll be ok with it, my mom and i are going to play around with the bustle and see if there is a way to make it less foo-foo, tying less points or something, and also, i liked it was more when it was laced the way my mom did it, and the bra worn the way i liked it and not all crazy like they say "it's supposed to be". i think trying it on at home will make me more comfortable with it.
        ok, hijack over!

#27 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

That was the problem I had with my first dress.. after thinking about it, it was just too poofy to transport and I was worried I'd be too hot in it.. It would also have a lot of bustling to do as well.

#28 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

I am late to the thread, but so happy that you find your dress! I can't wait to see pics.

#29 JennyK

JennyK
            • 3,502 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:17 AM

Here's my new dress! I posted it in the wedding dress thread too.. When I went in to try it on again and take pics, there was another bride that wanted to try it on and I think she was getting it too lol

Click the image to open in full size.

#30 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:38 AM

wow jenny! it's stunning! i am so happy you got this one :) it looks AMAZING on you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users