Photo

David's Bridal Return Policy

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:44 PM

Does anyone know if you can get a refund for your dress? I can't find anything on their site about it.

I've decided to return it. Yes, I love my dress.. and when I tried it on I felt it was the one. But I also felt pressured to choose something that night (my first time dress shopping as well) I had gone dress shopping back in November bc my FMIL was in town.. a bunch of my family members came and although they didn't pressure me to choose, I felt I should have. I've been going back and forth with this idea to return my dress. It even got to the point that when David's Bridal ordered the wrong dress I was hoping they would tell me that mine was no longer available So I called my mom for her opinion.. shes my best friend so I needed her approval and tell me it's ok to keep looking. So back to square one and I couldn't be more happy! hahahaha

#2 Chiquita

Chiquita
    • 2,674 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:46 PM

From what I understand, when I bought my dress there it was a final sale. However I was buying the one right there off the rack.. not sure if it makes a difference if it was ordered? I just remember the lady being very specific it was a final sale.. actually that might have been because it was on sale? The whole store was on sale so maybe that was the reason?

#3 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:47 PM

I am not positive, but I think they will let you exchange for another dress, but not give you your money back. Are you going to go there to look for another dress?

#4 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Chiquita
          From what I understand, when I bought my dress there it was a final sale. However I was buying the one right there off the rack.. not sure if it makes a difference if it was ordered? I just remember the lady being very specific it was a final sale.. actually that might have been because it was on sale? The whole store was on sale so maybe that was the reason?
          I didn't get mine off the rack, it had to be ordered. I don't remember if it was on sale but I remember a sale going on

#5 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:49 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JulieG
            I am not positive, but I think they will let you exchange for another dress, but not give you your money back. Are you going to go there to look for another dress?
            most likely yea..

#6 angitalia23

angitalia23
            • 1,029 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:49 PM

My friend purchased her shoes there and from my understanding everything in the store is final sale but they will give credit within the store if you need a return.
              Anthony & Angela
              19 June 2008

#7 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:54 PM

as long as you haven't had it altered-if you really bargain with the manager and buy another dress there (for more money usually) they will let you have one exchange, they keep track of it in their computer. I was able to exchange one dress, but when I changed my mind again I couldn't exchange because I had altered it.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:56 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Christine
                as long as you haven't had it altered-if you really bargain with the manager and buy another dress there (for more money usually) they will let you have one exchange, they keep track of it in their computer. I was able to exchange one dress, but when I changed my mind again I couldn't exchange because I had altered it.
                I haven't even taken it out of the plastic bag it came in so I'm ok there. I don't mind trying on more dresses there.. but this time it'll just be me and my mom..no distractions.

#9 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

I just called David's Bridal and I got an appointment tonight at 7:30pm! I'm not taking my dress with me so I actually have time to think..

#10 michelle08

michelle08
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,702 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

Everything at David's is final sale and no returns. They do have some exceptions thought so you may call and find out...my friend was a bridesmaid w/ me last year and her dress didn't fit because she had her baby and she hadn't lost all her weight and they were able to exchange her dress for one on the rack!! Not special order. Also our store didn't have the size so she had to ship her dress to fresno (3 hrs away) and have them send her the new one....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users