BM Preggers!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Yari

• VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

So...one of my BM's just called me and she is pregnant with her second child. I am elated for her and her husband. I felt bad cause she was crying, saying how sorry she was. She also said she wanted to call me for one week but didn't have the guts cause she was scared of my reaction. Oh silly girl! I am super happy for them!! A new baby is in the works.

Of course I am disappointed about her not being at the wedding, but I am hoping we can do a webcam.

#2 jajajaja

• VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:46 PM

Great attitude Yari. I could see so many people freaking out about that, but I'm happy to see you are elated for your friend. After all, I'm sure they are so excited to have another.

It's sad when friends can't make it, but at least you know they are thinking about you on the day of.
      Happily married since 2008

#3 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:46 PM

bummer she will miss out but the webcam is a great idea! we're hoping to do something similar for a friend who will have a 1 month old.

#4 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

That is awesome of you for being so understanding! You are a great friend and she is lucky to have you. It really shows how eager she was to attend your wedding and be a part of it by how upset she was. But you cant help mother nature thats for sure, everything happens for a reason!

#5 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

there are people on here that have been upset that someone in their wedding party got pregnant. personally, i think that's quite selfish! so anyway, i love your reaction, and think i webcam is a great idea! or at least a video she can watch later.

#6 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:54 PM

Yari, you are awesome for being so understanding :) I would have the same attitude as you, excited for them but sad they will miss the wedding.. a webcam is a great idea!

#7 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:55 PM

Your so sweet Yari. Great attitude!

#8 Kryztan

• 743 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:56 PM

One of my BM's called me with the same news!!! She is actually going to end up being due about three weeks after my wedding.....So she will be unable to travel by then...I was def not mad! Of course I wish she could be there, but have been prego and know how it is....I am just excited for her to bring a new baby into the world:) Our dots can be friends. The only part that sucks is that she bought her trip already. But its good I think that one of my friends is going to buy her trip and switch the info!!!
                Good attitude Yari! Sorry that you lost a bm..Were in the same boat!

#9 Christine

• VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:02 PM

Yari good for you for being so understanding, one of my best friends (who was in my wedding) told another one of our best friends that she thought it was rude and inconsiderate of me to get pregnant when I knew she was graduating from college (um hello we've been out of high school for almost 10 years)...anyway she was pissed that I wasn't going to her graduation because I was having a baby...so let me tell you coming from your friends side of this, I think you are awesome to be so understanding and sweet to her about it...and I love the idea of a webcam.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#10 jajajaja

• VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:05 PM

Christine- that is so ridiculous. I mean seriously- a graduation? While it's a great celebration, I think giving birth to a child is a little more rewarding.

Personally I was sad to graduate- from both college and high school. Guess I wasn't ready to grow up.
                  Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users