Photo

Changed my wedding date

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

I have really been on top of the whole travel agent thing.. even going to Liberty Travel 2x just HOPING they'd have prices out. Well last week I just happened to go into the Liberty Travel in my mall and what came next... UGHHHH! The TA was brutally honest and said to switch my wedding date from the weekend of 2/14 because it's one of the most heavily traveled weekends all year. I knew it'd be bad but not this bad. She said if I want to make sure people will make it, I'd have to book their flights ASAP (within the week). Mind you I just recently sent out the last of my STDs and planning on starting my invites in 2-3 months or so. She said that the flights will be booking super early. I nearly had a panic attack sitting in front of her lol She gave me the numbers to all of the airlines but it still wouldn't guarantee anything. She also priced out that weekend and flights alone from NY/NJ were $1000. So......................

I'm now getting married on February 28, 2009.. two weeks later. After talking to my WC she reassured me it was ok to switch. The other very important person was Jean-Marcus (my photog) and he was so great and understanding and lucky for me, he'll be down there already shooting a wedding the week before mine! My DJ (Carlos from Mannia) was also able to switch for me without a problem.

Everything's now coming together. I feel relieved but for a few days I thought I was gonna have a heart attack lol

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

I had to do the same thing, my original date was supposed to be 02/23, but the prices were still inflated for V-day, so we moved to a less expensive month altogether. I'da been married for 2 months already!

#3 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

Wow! Well... congratulations on you new and wonderful wedding date!

I'm glad all the pieces worked! Now you just have to work on those pesky guests!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

I am glad that will work out better for you!
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

How stressful! But sounds like in the long run it is the best thing for you and your guests!! Congrats on getting everything all settled!

#6 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

I went back the next day to tell the TA we'd switch, and she priced out everything. It was actually $500 cheaper!

#7 lucy106

lucy106
          • 2,880 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:06 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by xJuicyJx
            I went back the next day to tell the TA we'd switch, and she priced out everything. It was actually $500 cheaper!
            Dang, well thats great news!!

#8 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:21 PM

Outstanding!!! Now you've got $500 to spend on something cute and fabulous to wear by the pool!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#9 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:24 PM

I like the way you think, Rebecca.

#10 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
              • 1,881 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:32 PM

So happy this worked out for you Jenny!! February 28th is going to be a fabulous day for the two of you! When you first mentioned it, I thought "gosh, that date is really meaningful to me, but I can't recall why..." I just realized it's my brother's birthday!!

congrats on the svaings. Your guests will really appreciate that!
                http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users