Las Caletas Hotels for Guests

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 cfrancesp

• 64 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:54 PM

Holy cow!!! That site is awesome. I better get crackin'. Thanks for the info.

#12 Caletas_bridetobe

• 45 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:47 PM

Ive stayed at the RIU 4 times......LOVE IT. Nuevo Vallarta is about 20mins from downtown and about a $20 taxi ride. However, there is a quaint town 5 mins away called Bucerias. You can actually walk along the beach and get to it if you want. There is a market there and cool beachside bars (Meson Bay) and resturaunts (Marcos).

#13 bbdq_21

• 37 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

I live in Nuevo Vallarta and have been here for the past 3 years. I know pretty much all the resorts in this area and also work for one... the Grand Mayan is beaurtiful with massive rooms that sleep up to 8 people. It is really reasonable too and 5 star!

#14 mellibean

• 69 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by akh
          I haven't researched villas at all, but I do have this website that I came across for a couple that stayed in Villas - here it is - Monika and Eric: Accommodations in Puerto Vallarta

Tammy, the host of this site, is a great TA that specializes in DWs and honeymoons. She might be booked for 2007 but perhaps can refer you to someone else.
          is this website gone. i click on it and it not working for me.

#15 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

oohh - probably. most personal websites are good for a year, at least mine is, and that one has probably expired. sorry!

#16 MissyR

• 1,210 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:39 PM

Lades - we are soo close to booking Las Caletas and are now looking at hotels in the area - This board has been amazing so far - just wondering how far the bus/charter ride is from Dreams to the Marina? I'm concerned between that and the boat it may be a long haul!

#17 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:45 PM

it was maybe a 20-30 minute ride from Dreams I think - not bad at all.

#18 raisinblur

• 94 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:05 PM

We're also getting married at Las Caletas (on May 24, 200, and I think we've settled on staying at the Royal Decameron in Nuevo Vallarta. It's an all-inclusive with a very reasonable rate. If price is the only thing keeping you from considering an all-inclusive (we were in the same boat), you might want to look into this place. Granted, it's nowhere near 5-stars, but it's gotten decent reviews saying it's a good value. And I think an all-inclusive will be very convenient for a large group (we're expecting about 60 people).

Let us know what place you decide on! Oh, and if anyone has ever stayed at the Royal Decameron, I would love to hear about your experience.

#19 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
                  • 413 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:24 PM

Hi raisinblur - I've never stayed at the Royal Decameron, but I have clients who have and they are going back again next year (I'm a TA)...they really like it...it is a bigger hotel, and is very active, lots of things to do during the day. It is nice, definitely not a 5 star, but comfortable, clean, the staff are friendly and the food is good (from what I've heard!). It's a great value for sure!

I think all-inclusive is the way to go, especially with the large group you are having, that way no one has to worry about getting meals/etc., and if you want to eat out at a restaurant, you can! It's a great, worry-free way to travel!

#20 raisinblur

• 94 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:01 PM

Thanks for the info, Lindsay! I feel soooo much better about our decision now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users