Photo

October 08 Brides - What's Left to Do

• Please log in to reply
546 replies to this topic

#301 B&J2008

B&J2008
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:56 PM

2 months from today...YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots and lots to do in the next two weeks. I'm shipping everything the week of Aug 24th, so I should (key word being should) be able to post my planning thread shortly after that.

Question for you guys...Why are you making legal day about a month before the wedding? Is it for legal stuff, preference, or other reason? I was going to do it the week before but thought I would ask why you all chose to do it sooner.

#302 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

I am thinking of doing our legal ceremony the day after our wedding. My friend is an officiant and she is going to marry us illegally in Mexico. She is on our flight back from Mexico, so I thought it would be sort of cool for her to do it once we land in LAX.

I have a huge problem with getting married beforehand, I really feel like it will take away from the big day.

#303 Minde

Minde
      • 55 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

I struggled with when to do it too. I am doing it two days before we leave. I am not making a big deal of it at all. I don't even want to dress up or anything. I feel like it is just signing paperwork, my real wedding is in Mexico. I am not waiting til I get back, no way! I want to officially be a Mrs. on the honeymoon. I will just pretend for the 6 days before the ceremony that I am still a Miss. : )

#304 Kelly C

Kelly C
        • 2,051 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

We are doing ours because it was what they had available. Didn't want to take the chance and wait to long. I know they didn't have any openings in August.
          Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#305 Minde

Minde
          • 55 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:14 PM

What time did you all Cabo brides set the ceremony time for? Yarai said to do it at 4..I just wanted to take a poll.

#306 B&J2008

B&J2008
            • 266 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for responses ladies. That was my thinking in doing it about a week before and not making a big deal about it, so when we have the ceremony in MX it will be more like we are getting legally married there, since we will have only been married a couple of days.

#307 Kelly C

Kelly C
              • 2,051 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Minde
                What time did you all Cabo brides set the ceremony time for? Yarai said to do it at 4..I just wanted to take a poll.
                wedding is at 5 and the reception at 730.
                Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#308 pryzeless

pryzeless
                • 614 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

I don't know what it is but I hit the two month mark and I am SOOOOO excited. We leave in 55 days. That seems so soon.

#309 pryzeless

pryzeless
                  • 614 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:33 PM

Just to participate in the conversation, we are legally getting married in Mexico.

#310 Yari

Yari
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,928 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:12 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by pryzeless
                      I don't know what it is but I hit the two month mark and I am SOOOOO excited. We leave in 55 days. That seems so soon.
                      It is soon and I am sooo excited too.

My ticker say one month...agh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users