• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#51 karahmia

karahmia
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:23 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cuata2pink
    I have wavy but frizzy hair and it did very well in PV humidity! I was surprised. I loved my hair and makeup which I got done at Sebastian's Hair Salon! I recommend their services!
    Welcome back and congrats! I'd love to see more pics of your hair when you have time. So you went with Sebastian's instead of Franc Gole. What changed your mind? I just made my appointment with Fran Gole so I would love to hear your feedback on them. Also, how did you get in contact with Sebastian's? Do you have an email address for them?

#52 kisa

kisa
    • Banned
    • 75 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:17 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mishka Designs
      I was really surprised to hear that brides go to L'ococco. We know that salon around here as a styling school. Anyway, I thought I would make two other suggestions for ya'all.

1. Sebastian Hair Salon - they do a great job and they have a fairly large team of people - the only problem with them is they get booked a few months (normally) in advance. I found a little blurb on them here: Sebastian Hair Salon

2. Elle Salon. 138 Rodolfo Gomez. 322-223-2760.
      elle88@prodigy.net.mx (ask for Raquel - she's the owner). I go to Elle for my toes (my hubby is a stylist so he does my hair - I know, lucky me!), but I know that a lot of brides do show-up there for their hair/make-up.

Both of the salons offer packages for hair tests as well as hair on the big day along with pedis and manis.

Hope that's helpful!! :)
      Any suggestions on salons that can do hair and makeup for African American skin color? I have been thinking about flying my stylist is from New York, but not sure if we can afford it. Please let me know.

#53 kisa

kisa
      • Banned
      • 75 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:18 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by karahmia
        Welcome back and congrats! I'd love to see more pics of your hair when you have time. So you went with Sebastian's instead of Franc Gole. What changed your mind? I just made my appointment with Fran Gole so I would love to hear your feedback on them. Also, how did you get in contact with Sebastian's? Do you have an email address for them?
        Who did you end up going with for your hair and makeup? My hair is frizzy as well and I'm very nervous it will go from a blowout to frizzy in the PV humidity. Any suggestions?

#54 karahmia

karahmia
        • 163 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:41 PM

I went with Juan at Living. I really liked him and he did an awesome job on my hair. I'll post a pic from my hair trial when I get home.

Living (Juan is the owner)
          Salon.Spa.Boutique
          Morelos 882 Centro, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
          Citas 222 3350
          Cel 322 779 6959
          juanpordios@living-salon.com

#55 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
          • Banned
          • 494 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

I am planning to use Len from BLU, but would love to see any pictures you ladies have of your hair/make-up you had done in PV. I am kind of lost with this one.

BEst
            Kathy

#56 clmarti1

clmarti1
            • 207 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

I spent most of yesterday looking for a hair stylist that would be open on my wedding day! I never thought that having my wedding on a Sunday would be a problem with some vendors! Luckily Franc Gole has agreed to open on a Sunday for me and my wedding party, and they aren't even charging extra!

#57 nickiq

nickiq
              • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:48 AM

Very nice Cindy! That is great news. I, too, have booked my hair and makeup with Franc Gole for me and my two bridesmaids on my wedding day. I'll post pics when I return in February so you can see.
                nicki

#58 clmarti1

clmarti1
                • 207 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:57 PM

Oh that would be great!

#59 ChristinaH

ChristinaH
                  • 178 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

Does anyone know if Fernando (does hair at LC) have direct contact info or is available to do weddings other than at LC?

#60 nikkigard

nikkigard
                    • 200 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:02 PM

Does anyone have approx. costs for getting your hair done in PV? Trying to figure out if this is something that fits in the budget or if I just want to do it myself..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users