Why is everyone choosing Cabo? Still deciding on location
Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:20 PM
We are from the East coast and most people around here still think Cabo is a West coast thing. We did toss around the DR idea, but FI was afraid the resort wouldn't be as nice. With the one in Cabo we know what we are getting into.
Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:31 PM
Jamaica: Uncle had a DW there so I didn't want to copy
Dominican: Couldn't find many independent wedding coordinator sources. I knew that I wanted outside assistance since I had a slightly larger party. I felt that the one on one attention was better.
Hawaii: Flight is too far from Chicago/Michigan plus a bit costly
Cancun: Too commercial plus FI had been there
Puerto Vallarta: This is where I was going to go, but then I started worrying about room decor and how dated the properties were. Nuevo Vallarta is newer but the pricing reflects that.
Cabo: Newer properties. Neither of us had been there before. Was right on budget.
Mayan Riviera/Ixtapa: If I hadn't fallen in love with Cabo that would have been my next options
Puerto Rico: Not much of a value
Criteria: Vacation had to cost $1000 or less per person, be about 4hr. max on the plane, and be relatively easy to get to from most hubs. I also didn't want a mega resort! This was huge for me. Dreams is still a little larger than what I imagined but once we visited it was great.
Now about the site: Keep in mind that it initially started as a Cabo wedding forum so us Cabo brides are more dominant. I am glad to see other destinations here since I helps with picking future vacation sites
Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:39 PM
1. I had always seen pics of Cabo and this was the one place I always wanted to go. I have been to Acapulco, RM, Cancun, Playa Del Carmen and I wanted something different.
2. A couple who got married in NY went to Cabo for their honeymoon and they ranted and rave about it.
3. Everytime I researched Cabo on the Internet I read about the year round perfect weather and I was sold. NY has atrocious weather, freezing cold all the damn time!
4. We have tons of friends who have gone to Cabo and they love it.
5. This is going to sound so cheesy (especially to the Cali girls) but my friends and I love Laguna Beach (the TV show) and they always go to Cabo for spring break and so we fell in love with Cabo and wanted to go.
Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:13 AM
I picked Cabo because we love Mexico. We originally wanted to have a small wedding in Mexico in La Paz or Loreto or somewhere less commercial. (Cabo is very commercial) but here's why we picked Cabo:
1. Well equiped International Airport so our friends and family from the east coast and my parents in St. Louis can easily fly in with only one stop.
2. My friends (who don't have a lot of $$) can easily fly to Cabo in 2 hours and flights aren't too expensive from here.
3. The beach!
4. San jose del Cabo is a charming, lovely town with great restaurants and a less commercial feel
5. We thought it'd be cheaper than Los Angeles (FYI: we were wrong)
6. It's a resort town with lots of stuff to do like beaches, pools, restaurants, bars, golf and stuff for guests to do (without having to plan things for them)
Sometimes I wish we had just gone with La Paz though. Cabo, while gorgeous and close, sometimes feels too expensive. Oh well - it's going ot be great!
Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:01 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users