suggestions for cancun wedding please help

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a cabo bride, but have stayed at both. I personally preferred staying at the Cancun. But the gazebo is right next to the pool, not much area there. And the beach is smaller is the hurricane. Best of luck. Try emailing the resorts to see if they can send you some pictures. Not the brochure ones.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t20448

Hi,

Check out this thread above. You will find some pics of Riu Cancun posted by Jenny. I'm getting married next door to Riu Cancun, at Riu Palace Las Americas. Riu Can and Palace Las America's are located in the heart of Cancun. So, if your guests want to walk to any shopping centers, clubs, or bars, that location would be perfect!

Hi Ena, I'm actually 99% sure I will be booking at the Riu Cancun. I haven't been before but I've read good reviewsI have been to the Riu Ochos Rios Jamaica and was very satisifed in every department. Maybe we can share info as we begin to plan. I'm looking at end of November 2008. I just recieved pricing today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBP View Post
Hi Ena, I'm actually 99% sure I will be booking at the Riu Cancun. I haven't been before but I've read good reviewsI have been to the Riu Ochos Rios Jamaica and was very satisifed in every department. Maybe we can share info as we begin to plan. I'm looking at end of November 2008. I just recieved pricing today.
I would love to hear about any information you get. The only pricing I have right now is how much the different wedding packages cost. Assuming I decide to go with RPLA, and they have the dates available I need to get married, I will probably go with the Royal Wedding package.

Morning,

Ok, I have attempted to add attachments which I received from the hotel by emailing them at Weddings by Riu - Cancun [weddings04@riu.com] (hoping they are attached)

Here are additional questions I asked with the responses. The hotel is quick to respond. Although it can take up to a week for them to confirm a cermony date (this is a published timeframe) I submitted my request late Thursday and waiting, waiting for confirmation. This is me being impatient.

Questions about ceremony

We have not yet officially booked our vacation but look to very soon. How do we chose the actual date and time of the ceremony and get confirmation?

If you are interested in booking your wedding please submit your request in our website: Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu and conserve the reference number you will be provided. Once your wedding petition is accepted you will be receiving a Confirmation Code. After that please enter the Confirmation Code into the webpage and provide the last required details -including room reservation information - in order to confirm your wedding.

We are looking to do a renewal of vows ceremony as we are thinking of getting married in Canada before venturing to Mexico. What paper work is required to have a renewal of vows ceremony?

No documentation is required for that type of ceremony.

Can we write our own vows?

You can do that if you want.

Who will I work with to plan out my wedding? Is this included in the fee? The package includes a on-site wedding planner.

Questions about dinner/party

Can we have a dinner in one of the on site restaurants with our guests?

The Dinners offered in the Wedding Packages are non-private and they have no extra charge. We separate an area for the Wedding Group in one of the Specialty Restaurants. Private Dinners are subject to availability, and have an extra charge. Your on-site wedding planner will give you further detailed information once your wedding is confirmed.

can we bring our own music?

Yes, you can.

can we use the disco as a place to party in the evening?

Yes, you can rent the disco with a DJ from 8:30 pm until 11:00 pm only (upon availability and with an extra charge). Your on-site wedding planner will give you further detailed information once your wedding is confirmed.

Questions concerning our guests

what group activities can I arrange for my guests? (volleyball game, I would like atleast one activity where everyone can get to know one another.

For detailed information you can contact the hotel directly at the following e-mail address: hotel.cancun@riu.com

what about off site activities can you mail me brochures?

We are glad to inform you that you can find information, images, virtual tours and contacts in our website: Riu Hotels & Resorts. You can choose by destination or directly by the hotel of your preference and download PDF files on all our Resorts.

I'd like to make up out of town gift bags for my guests. Can I send the items down to the hotel in advance to be arranged?

You can arrange that with your on-site wedding planner once your wedding is confirmed.

I also have a question regarding the photographer used. If I chose not to use your photographer is there any issue with one of my guests being my prime photographer?

Let me inform you that you can bring your own photographer only as a hotel guest.

Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu

word doc attached? I'm doing something wrong and cannot get the docs to attach. I've copied and pasted for viewing...sorry. I'm booking the flights and accomodations through an agent.

General information CANCUN

Ceremony Information:

How can I book my ceremony?

Please visit our webpage Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu where you will be able to choose your destination wedding and book you preferred ceremony date on-line.

Please notice that we do not have control over the people who is submitting the wedding requests and this information is subject to change at anytime.

Is there a requirement to have a wedding at a RIU Hotel & Resort?

In order to have a wedding at any of our RIU Hotel & Resorts, 80% of the total amount of the wedding guests must stay at the hotel.

Which is the wedding capacity for each RIU Hotel & Resort?

Hotel RIU Palace Las Americas: 50 pax.

Hotel RIU Cancun: 60 pax.

Hotel RIU Caribe: 120 pax.

Do you perform ceremonies on Sundays?

No, ceremonies are performed only from Monday through Saturday.

Do you perform ceremonies on Christmas day or New Yearâ€s day?

Please be informed that we do not perform weddings on Christmas or New Year, as this is a busy day for the Hotel staff and the Judge or the Minister does not work this particular dates.

Do you offer free weddings or discounts depending on the number of rooms booked?

The wedding is a separate service from room reservation and for the moment we do not offer discounts or free weddings.

If I have guests who want to attend the wedding, but will not be staying at RIU Hotels & Resorts, is this possible ?

In order to host a wedding at RIU Hotels & Resorts, at least 80 percent of the guests must stay at the Resort. Guests staying at other hotels must purchase a wedding pass.

Wedding passes cost between $50 and $100 (US) approximately, depending on the RIU Hotel & Resort.

When are the wedding details arranged with the on-site wedding coordinator?

Once your wedding is confirmed, the on-site wedding coordinator will contact you via e-mail one or two months before the wedding´s day in order to proceed with the wedding ceremony & reception (decoration, flowers, cake, music, pictures etc.)

Will I have to contact my on-site wedding coordinator upon arrival to the Resort?

The on-site wedding coordinator will be working with you via email/phone prior to the wedding date. Once you arrive at the RIU Hotel she will inform you at what time & date your personal interview is scheduled with her.

Are we able to make reservations for our wedding reception prior to our arrival?

Yes, it´s possible to reserve an area in one of our restaurants prior to your arrival. Once your wedding is confirmed, your on-site wedding coordinator will contact you in order to arrange the wedding reception.

Please note that restaurant reservations are subject to availability and capacity.

Is there a charge for the reception dinner ?

The Dinners offered in the Wedding Packages are non-private and they have no extra charge. We separate an area for the Wedding Group in one of the Specialty Restaurants.

Private Dinners are subject to availability, and have an extra charge.

Your on-site wedding coordinator will give you further detailed information.

Is there a maximum or minimum number of guests required to reserve a reception dinner?

There is not a minimum number of guests required to reserve a wedding reception dinner.

Is there a rehearsal?

All the details are discussed during the interview. Everything is very well organized so you will not need a rehearsal.The rehearsal dinners are arranged upon arrival, as a group dinner.

Are there different ceremony locations ?

Hotel RIU Palace Las Americas: Gazebo or Beach

Hotel RIU Cancun: Gazebo or Beach.

Hotel RIU Caribe: Gazebo, Beach or Garden.

In case of rain, is the ceremony canceled?

In the Hotel RIU Palace Las Americas if the wedding is scheduled for the beach and it rains, the clients are moved to the terrace which is covered. If the weather is really bad and the terrace cannot be used, the clients are moved to the inside to the Caribe Lounge.

In the Hotel RIU Cancun if the wedding is scheduled for the beach and it rains, the clients are moved to the lobby terrace which is covered. If the weather is really bad and the terrace cannot be used, the clients are moved to the inside to La Punta Bar.

In the Hotel RIU Caribe if the wedding is scheduled for the beach and it rains, the clients are moved to the lobby terrace which is covered. If the weather is really bad and the terrace cannot be used, the clients are moved to the inside to the Foyer Terrace.

How many ceremonies are held each day?

We schedule a maximum of three ceremonies per day and per hotel (it depends on the destination). Availability for ceremonies also depend on the number of wedding guests.

How long does the ceremony last?

20 to 25 minutes.

Are there any optional services that must be reserved prior to our arrival at the hotel?

Yes, the request of the optional services are asked while you are in contact via email with the on-site coordinator. Once you arrive at the destination you will finalize the special requests as private restaurant reservations, ballroom or nightclub reservations, DJs, special menus, wedding cake designs, flowers, etc.

How much do extras cost?

Depending on your package (Royal and Caprice) will be the number of cake pieces, bottles of sparkling wine, and chairs that you have included. If your wedding party is larger than the amount of people included in your wedding package, you have the option to purchase extras.

Additional floral arrangementsPrice

Arch with Flowers & Tulle350,00 USD

Bamboo Arch with greenery600,00 USD

Bamboo Arch with tulle & flowers700,00 USD

Bouquet with 10 Tulipans130,00 USD

Rose Boutonniere10,00 USD

Bridesmaid Bouquet65,00 USD

Centerpiece60,00 USD

Corsage27,00 USD

Decorated arrangement for hair25,00 USD

Decorated Flower Basket50,00 USD

Flower for Chairs30,00 USD

Flower girl bouquet40,00 USD

Flower Pillar60,00 USD

Orchid Corsage40,00 USD

Petal Bag15,00 USD

Petal basket30,00 USD

Round Bouquet & Boutonniere90,00 USD

Torches with Greenery30,00 USD

Torches with green leaves and flowers40,00 USD

Wrist bracelet40,00 USD

Food & BeveragePrice

Sparkling Wine15,00 USD

Waiter/Bartender Per Hour, Per 10 pax30,00 USD

Wedding Cake Upgrade Per Pax4,00 USD

Music ServicesPrice

Classical duo (Violin, Piano, Cello 45min)590,00 USD

Classical Trio Kaliopa (Violin, Piano, Cello 45min)750,00 USD

DJ 1-5 Hours860,00 USD

DJ per hour220,00 USD

Harpist (45 min)350,00 USD

Mariachis Monarca 45 min800,00 USD

Saxophonist 45 min460,00 USD

Trio Jarocho 45 min640,00 USD

Trio Monarca520,00 USD

Violin or Cello 45 min350,00 USD

Video & Photography ServicesPrice

Ceremony, Beach & Locations (26 B&W 4x6 and 10 6x8, CD, Album) *Tax not included470,00 USD

Ceremony, Beach & Locations (26 Color 4x6 and 10 6x8, CD, Album) *Tax not included430,00 USD

Ceremony, Beach & Locations (72 B&W 6x8, Album, CD) *Tax not included610,00 USD

Ceremony, Beach & Locations (72 Color 6x8, CD, Album) *Tax not included550,00 USD

Ceremony & Beach Photos (24 B&W photos 4x6) *Tax not included320,00 USD

Ceremony & Beach Photos (24 Color 4x6, CD, Album) *Tax not included290,00 USD

**PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE**

When is payment for optional services made?

Full payment of the optional services and wedding package is done after your interview with the on-site coordinator.

You may pay with cash, credit card, travel check, etc. However, the optional services should be paid by cash.

Who can provide Salon Services such as hair styling, make-up, nail treatments, etc?

If your wedding is in Cancun, Renova Spa will be happy to offer you the salon services. For more detailed service information about Renova Spa we invite you to visit { Renova }

Where can I make appointments for spa or salon services?

You can reserve online or directly at the Spaâ€s reception upon arrival to the hotel.

For online reservations, please contact the Spa via e-mail:

Mexico: info.mexico@renovaspa.com

Does Renova Spa have any specials for weddings?

All the services at Renova Spa have a ten percent discount for the Bride and Groom.

The coupleâ€s family and guests get a five percent discount when reserving online.

Can I buy spa gift certificates for my wedding party?

Yes, Renova Spa can issue Gift Certificates for a specific service or amount.

What do I have to do if I have spa or beauty parlor services included in my wedding package?

Your wedding coordinator on-site will provide you of a Gift Certificate for the included Spa services upon your arrival to the hotel.

Please, present the original Gift Certificate at the Spa reception in order to receive the services.

Wedding´s requirements

What are the differences between civil, religious and renewal of vows ceremonies?

Legal Ceremonies: Have international legal bearing, require paperwork as well as the blood test (HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea and all STD's are tested),the On-Site Wedding Coordinator will contact the doctor and he will go to your room to performed the blood test. If any of the results turned positive, you will not be able to get legally married.

Religious and Renewal of Vows Ceremonies: Have no legal bearing, no paper work is needed. It is a blessing performed by a non-denominational minister.

What documents are required for civil weddings?

Birth Certificate (Original, Apostilled and Translated into Spanish)

Passports of the Couple and 4 Witnesses (Regular Photocopies)

Divorce Decree (Original, Apostilled and Translated into Spanish) Death Certificate of previous partner (Original and Apostilled)

Tourist Card of the Couple and the 4 witnesses (Regular photocopies) Blood test (It can only be done at the resort)

Written parental consents (Original and Apostilled - under 18 years)

What is an “apostille documentâ€, why do I need it and where can I get it?

The Apostille is a certificate that authenticates the signature of the public official who has signed the document. An apostille certificate confirms the person who signed a document has the authority to do so and that the document should therefore be recognized as legal without further evidence in another member state of the Hague Convention.

The Apostille must be required in the State where the document was made. The Foreign Offices of each state and country can provide the apostille. In fact, you should apostille the documents before arrive to the hotel.

How many witnesses do I need?

In order to get legally married you need to have 4 witnesses during the ceremony. They must be at least 18 years old and they have to arrive 3 full business days prior the ceremony.The Hotel can also provide the witnesses if necessary.

Are the civil weddings performed at RIU Hotels & Resorts legal in my country?

I would like to inform you that Civil ceremonies are legally recognized in all the countries.

We suggest that once you have received the Original Marriage Certificate you should take it to your City Hall or Registry´s Office to let your government know that your legal status.

If I am divorced. Can I have my civil ceremony at the resort?

If you are divorced and you want to get legally married in Cancun.Please be advised that the Divorce Decree must have been signed at least one year ago from the new wedding date. You must bring the orginial divorce Decree as well.

What documents are required for religious weddings?

For Religious and Renewal of Vows Ceremonies there is no paper work required. It is a blessing ceremony performed by a non-denominational Minister.

What documents are required for renewal of vows ceremonies?

The vows renewal is just a symbolic ceremony (a blessing) and where the married couple renew their vows. You don´t need any documentation.

However, you can have a reception and after the ceremony and in some destinations you will obtain a wedding certificate with no legal bearing.

Can we bring our own Minister?

Yes, you may bring your own Minister to perform your ceremony. However, please be advised that your wedding is not going to be legally recognized and your Minister will not be able to provide you a marriage certificate. On the other side we cannot offer you a discount if you decide to bring your own Minister.

The Sales Wedding Department needs to have the confirmation of the clients and authorization from the On-Site Wedding Coordinator in order to proceed with this special request.

How many days in advance do we have to be at the resort before we can get married?

For Legal Ceremony 3 full business days before the wedding date. Plus the arrival date, Please notice that Saturdays and Sundays are not business days

For Religious and Renewal of Vows Ceremonies 2 full business days before the wedding date. (without counting the arrival date, Saturdays and Sundays)

Do we need to send any documentation prior arrival?

No, All the documents must be given to the On-Site Wedding Planner when you arrive to the hotel.

If my name is different from the passport and birth certificate will this present a problem?

Yes, please be advised that all the documents must present the exact same names or you must have a legal document that states that the name has been changed.

Will the judge perform the ceremony if all our documents are not in order ? Are there exceptions?

All documents must be in order before your ceremony date without exceptions.

Will our Marriage certificate be issued in English or Spanish?

It will be issued In Spanish and you will received the original Marriage Certificate approx 6 months after the wedding date.(Please note that the Mexican Government can take longer to send these documents)

Do I need to take a blood test and, if so, what diseases do you test for?

HIV, syphilis and blood type tests are only required for weddings in Mexico.

Can I have a doctor perform the blood test in my country and take the results to the resort?

No. Tests must be performed in Mexico by a certified doctor (for the medical certificate). Your on-site wedding coordinator will arrange the doctor appointment in your hotel room.

Will I be able to participate in the wedding ceremony if one of the tests cames back positive?

No, If HIV or syphilis should be positive, the ceremony cannot be performed.

TIPS

How can I make a request on the web page?

In order to make a request on the web page, please find the instructions below:

1-. Go to our web page Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu

2. On the right side of our front page choose your destination.

3.- Choose your wedding package.

3.- Choose your ceremony type.

4.- Choose the available hotel.

5.- Click on "check availability".

6.- If you want to add the optional services you can do it now or you can add them later with the on site wedding coordinator. Click next.

7.- Choose your ceremony date. Click on "check availability".

8. Choose your arrival date. Please be aware of the two full business that the webpage ask you. Do not forget that ARRIVAL DAY and SUNDAY DO NOT COUNT as a full business day.

9.- Fill in the information requested.

10.- You will be provide with a reference number, please keep this number and we will be contacting you during the next week to send you a confirmation code if your request is accepted.

The Wedding Sales Coordinator will need a few days to check your wedding request and will confirm with the Judge or Minister the availability. As soon the date is confirmed, your wedding petition will be accepted and you will be receiving shortly a Confirmation Code.

Once you have your Confirmation Code, please enter this code into the web page (in the box that is located on the right side of the web page) and provide the last required details: ("Room Booking of your stay and a Credit Card information to guarantee your reservation) We don't charge anything into your Credit Card and you will pay once you get to the Hotel.

As soon as you have finished entering your information you will receive automatically a Wedding Confirmation. Once your Wedding is Confirmed, your On-Site Wedding Coordinator will contact you via e-mail one or two months before the wedding´s day in order to proceed with the wedding arrangements (decoration, flowers, cake, restaurants, music, pictures etc.).

*Full payment of the wedding package & extra services will be done upon arrival at the Hotel.

*Please, do not submit more than two requests because if you have many wedding petitions, it will take longer for the Sales Wedding Coordinator to confirm your wedding with the Judge or Minister.

*If you are a travel agent, we recommend you to submit the request with the Bride and Groom´s names. This will be easier to help you in case that you require information from the wedding you are booking with RIU Hotel & Resorts.

*Please be advised that the Sales Wedding Coordinator will work with only one person in order to avoid confusions and miscommunication problems.

Please note:

The Classic Wedding Package 2009 was designed for small wedding groups (minimum of 2 guests and maximum of 10 guests, plus Bride & Groom).

The Royal Wedding Package 2008 and 2009 is the perfect balance between simplicity and extravagance; our Royal Wedding Package provides all the offerings of the Classic Package and a variety of other impressive amenities.

The Caprice Wedding Package 2009 is our most luxurious and expensive wedding package.

Room´s booking information

How can I have a room rate for the Riu Hotels?

For booking a room for any of the Hotels in Cancun, please contact our Reservations Department to: reservations@riu.com and you can also check availability at Riu Hotels & Resorts.

The Toll free numbers of our Reservations Department are:

USA 1-888-666-8816

CAN 1-866-845-3765

MEX 1-800-225-5748

VEN 0-800-100-4916

ARG 0-800-444-2021

How can I have a group rate?

If you are looking for a group rate, please contact our Groups Sales Department to groups@riu.com.

USA & CAN

Ph: 52 (99cool.gif 881-4318

Fax: 52 (99cool.gif 881-4311

Group policy :

-Minimum stay 3 nights same room block.

-Arrival and departure dates should be the same for all group

-10 rooms as a minimum on same travel dates.

-1 particular contact to work on details for groups.

-1 person responsible for full group payments

Wow LBP, thank you so much for posting all that information. I wonder if they will allow a local photographer to come in and take pictures. I would really like to do that because I want TTD pictures. I'll have to ask. I don't see why it should be a big deal if you pay the $100 for the wedding pass. I really want a nice canvas picture and I'm just not sure if I'll be able to get that with the resort photog. If you have any information about the photographer please let me know. Thanks!

Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdecker View Post
Wow LBP, thank you so much for posting all that information. I wonder if they will allow a local photographer to come in and take pictures. I would really like to do that because I want TTD pictures. I'll have to ask. I don't see why it should be a big deal if you pay the $100 for the wedding pass. I really want a nice canvas picture and I'm just not sure if I'll be able to get that with the resort photog. If you have any information about the photographer please let me know. Thanks!

Amy

Hi,

Yes, you can bring an outside photographer. I hired Del Sol and Playa Weddings for my photos and video and I will just have to pay for a day pass for each of them. I'm hoping they are not to strict with this because I will be having two photographers and one videographer and the day passes are $100for each person. Maybe they will give me a two-for-one deal on the photographer's day passes....smile29.gif

Yeah really, they should give you a discount! Del Sol does such beautiful work. I'm sure your pictures will be gorgeous!

I need to just go ahead and book at RPLA. I keep looking at other places and I keep going back to them. I think that means I've pretty much made up my mind!