suggestions for cancun wedding please help

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 enabella

enabella
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:51 AM

hello ladies and possible guys,

im trying to plan a wedding in cancun and im having such a hard time choosing a hotel so far i liked Riu Cancun and Riu Caribe, has anyone been married there or have seem a wedding there? which is better?

or if you have any suggestion im open to that as well im looking for a resort that is all inc and on the cancun strip if possible.

thanks for all your help,

Ena

#2 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:56 AM

There is a ton of info about the different resorts. Of course I am a bit partial to Dreams Cancun. Its on the tip of the strip as I see it on the map and the wedding gazebo is to die for.

#3 Dbell

Dbell
      • 455 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:58 AM

Welcome to the Forum! There is a lot of reviews on the various resorts in Cancun on here, so take a minute and go searching!

#4 MelanieS

MelanieS
        • 820 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:58 AM

Welcome, Ena! Hopefully the forum will help you decide which resort is a perfect fit for your wedding.

#5 BeachBride82

BeachBride82
          • 51 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:20 AM

Welcome to the forum!! I'm a Riu Caribe bride. I narrowed my choice down to the Riu Caribe and the Riu Cancun. I chose the Riu Caribe because it has a larger beach (the sun goes down quickly at the Riu Cancun, and there is a lot of shaded beach areas early in the afternoon), it is away (not too far) from the bars/restaurant strip, and because the Riu Cancun has a night club in it. The Riu Caribe is supposed to be more laid back than the Riu Cancun and supposedly has a quieter beach (better for a beach wedding). The Riu Caribe was originally owned by the Grand Caribe Real (it converted to a Riu resort about 5 years ago), and so it is different in appearance from most Riu resorts (shaped like Mayan temple/horseshoe). The Riu Caribe is closer to the island Isla Mujeres, where there are lots of inexpensive activities to do. If you stay at either the Riu Caribe or the Riu Cancun, you can use the facilities at either (approximately 2 miles apart). I've kept a fairly close eye on both resorts through TripAdvisor.com, both have really good reviews. Good luck with your choice!

Hope this helps!

#6 enabella

enabella
            • 34 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:30 AM

thanks everyone for your help this site is def going to be a great help.

BeachBride82: do you know if Riu Caribe has a gazebo? i love the sound of the bigger beach and that its more laid back so thanks for the tip.

#7 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:32 AM

Both are gorgeous. I did a site visit to Riu Cancun & Las Americas. I loved them both but opted not to go with them since you don't get a private reception. But other than that, their grounds are soooooo nice and they actually have a beach!

#8 BeachBride82

BeachBride82
                • 51 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:03 AM

Yes, the Riu Caribe has a gazebo (they are set up to hold up to 120 guests). I have booked the beach location for the ceremony and then the gazebo for the cocktail reception.

I recommend that if your guests want to book the Junior Suites (2 balconies), that they book early! There are only 32 in the hotel, the rest are Deluxe Rooms (approx 500) and 2 Presidential Suites. Because of the way the hotel is setup, all rooms have a full or partial view of the ocean. If you do decide to book at the Riu Caribe, get your travel agent to request rooms on the 4th floor or higher (otherwise you have a view of the restaurants and pool, can't see over the roof tops and umbrellas).

#9 Cali

Cali
                  • 281 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:48 PM

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find answers to all of your questions
                    I'm getting married at Dreams Cancun....

#10 enabella

enabella
                    • 34 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:07 PM

hello ladies, so im pretty much down to the Riu Cancun or Riu Caribe i loveeeeee Dreams Cancun but its out of our budget but its a lovely resort so beautiful.

i was wondering if any ladies that got married at Riu Cancun or Riu Caribe has any pictures to share with me pls. im really undecided still and i need help lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users