Click the image to open in full size.

Steph, just so you know all those pics you posted are fondant and the one that you said you think is fondant because of the rounded edges, I have made rounded edges with just buttercream, so it is very possible.

As for Alyssa's comment about fondant tasting terrible, you have had bad fondant. I am not a fondant fan, its too sweet for me, but I have some amazing fondant, it all depends on the quality and people love mine. Again, its too sweet for me, but it does taste good. I also use a chocolate fondant and a white chocolate fondant for those who want something different. Just something to keep in mind.

mmmm looking and reading about all these cakes is making me crave cake cry.gif

Thank you, thank you ,and thank you!

We went with something very similar to all the ones you posted. It is going to be square with ribbon and this great design that is on my thank you notes. We met with the baker this morning and I will post photo once we have it--about 3 weeks!

We are doing chocolate cake with cream cheese filling and white cake with lemon...mmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieMN View Post
Thank you, thank you ,and thank you!
We went with something very similar to all the ones you posted. It is going to be square with ribbon and this great design that is on my thank you notes. We met with the baker this morning and I will post photo once we have it--about 3 weeks!
We are doing chocolate cake with cream cheese filling and white cake with lemon...mmmmm.
That sounds great Steph, I can't wait to see the pics. Did you decide to go with Fondant or buttercream for the icing on the outside?