Sign in to follow this  
StephanieMN

Help me find cake inspiration

Since we are down to the final hours before our meeting with the baker I need help finding cakes. When my mom was going to do it we were just going really simple but now that the cake is being professionally done I want to get my monies worth. Now the issue is I have not even really looked at wedding cakes and am really trying to stuff months worth of looking into an hour. Can you help me

Here is some inspiration for you all:

Click the image to open in full size.

I don't have my most recent centerpeice but it is something like this.

I am trying to find the balance between childish and fun. I really don't want daisies on the cake as there are rose petal that will be spread on the table.

The cake will be frosting not fondant so nothing supper fancy. Any photos for me?

The boys are watching hockey at my place right now & I am SO not interested so I'll do a bit of web searching right now! Anything else you want me to keep in mind other than the colors & stuff you already posted?

I am having a hard time finding cake ideas without fondant, I love love love the look of fondant so I have nothing saved on my PC without. These are the pics I could find that I think you can work with.

This one might be fondant, but just use buttercream icing instead.

I found this one as well and you can put your ribbon colour on it instead. And some flowers like the ones that will be in your bouquet.

hey Steph,

ii am not sure if these are fondant but i thought you migh tlike the designs

ya know I maybe wrong about the fondant thing..I got this off their website so they must do it.

what do ya think?

Some of those are pretty cool! Thanks--you ladies rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieMN View Post
ya know I maybe wrong about the fondant thing..I got this off their website so they must do it.

what do ya think?

Some of those are pretty cool! Thanks--you ladies rock!
Huh, I can't tell if that is fondant or not, but I don't think so. It seems a little too bumpy to be fondant. Only way to know is to ask. If they do fondant I am sure I have lots of idea's for you.

Here are a few I came across:

Pretty simple, but could be pretty with the roses. You could even have the little dots done in colour to add some pop to the cake

Maybe with your colours & without the gerberas on top

Also used with your colours ( could be done using buttercream instead of fondant <I think!>)

The thing that makes me think it is fondant is look at the rounded edges on the cake, I don't think you can do that with frosting. Their website says they are famous for their whipped frosting but it doesn't say anything about that as far as wedding cakes. Oh well, I guess I will find what I like and just give the picture to them and have them do what they can. I would call but it's almost 9 and no bakery is open that late.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrafaye View Post
Here are a few I came across:

Pretty simple, but could be pretty with the roses. You could even have the little dots done in colour to add some pop to the cake

Maybe with your colours & without the gerberas on top

Also used with your colours ( could be done using buttercream instead of fondant <I think!>)

So great, I just found the bottom 2 as well. They are so pretty! Thanks!