Photo

Weather in Ocho Rios

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sharonie

Sharonie
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:36 PM

Brides going to be in Ocho Rios Jamaica in the next couple weeks - are you concerned? Weather.com forecast rain every day in Ocho Rios. April is not suppose to be a rainy month, I am really bummed if it really is going to rain every day What are your back up plans going to be? I really wanted everyone to have a good time!

#2 MarchBride

MarchBride
    • 101 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

Sharon,

I wouldn't worry about it. Usually when it rains, it rains in the mid afternoon and dries just as suddenly as it comes. I think Mother Nature does this to balance the heat. I'm sure you'll have great weather for your wedding. Jamie

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

we just got back... when it rained it was for 10-15 mins, and in the early am. It rained one day for most of the day - and the weddings that day were in the Plantation & the Mammee Bay restaurant. Both are on the beach with open windows/walls - so it's a nice back-up! :)
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 2bmosley

2bmosley
        • 61 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:52 PM

congrats!!

#5 jmhein

jmhein
          • 665 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:25 PM

The forecast will often say that for Ocho Rios and all the locals say you can't trust the forecast! They will forecast rain even if it will shower for 10 minutes the whole day. It was like that before we left too and we had beautiful sunny days, with the odd quick shower. One day there was a downpour but it was over in an hour and was in the morning!
            No Worries!!
            ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#6 Sharonie

Sharonie
            • 557 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:00 AM

That's soothing to know, I am hoping it will continue having short period of rain only next week. I am just looking at the 10 day forecast and the hour by hour forecast on weather.com and it shows raining every hour, that made me very nervous.

#7 crawford2B

crawford2B
              • 244 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:08 PM

We went in March and it was forcated to rain on our wedding day. I was going nuts. It got cloudy a fw days but cleared up quick and it didn't rain once. Everything will be IRIE!

#8 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

it said the same thing for us last July and honestly it just rained a few of the afternoons for a while, only one day did it really downpour. The majority of the time it was beautiful.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#9 kay726

kay726
                • 218 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:29 PM

I agree with everyone above, the rain comes and goes quickly.

By the way, the flowers in your siggy look gorgeous. I got my flowers last year and I still look at them everyday and smile. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users