Hair Stylists..... I Need Immediate Help!

Saraha

I would think they should correct your hair free of charge until it gets to the point of where you like it. I agree that they should be the ones to fix it because a) they know what chemicals they used and another place might not and B) you'll end up paying another salon to correct what someone else screwed up in the first place.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I'm not a hair stylist, but I have 3 good friends who are...plus I've had a similar experience as you and I've discussed this in depth with my stylist. First of all, you're not being bridezilla at all! this is your hair and ofcourse you care. I think you should do what you said and ask for all your money back including the gift certificate. Call or walk into another salon and show them what happened, they should be able to help you. Stripping is the only way to get your hair lighter if you want to do it all one light color all at once. The only way to lighten hair is to bleach it out. But stripping is damaging, and if you're willing to wait a couple of months to have it the lightness level that you want then full highlights ever 4-6 weeks is the way to go. Its less harsh and your hair has time to repair. You also don't risk overprocessing. Then when you are happy with how light it is, you can add the all over light color you want. She most definately should have told you how damaging stripping is. My hair salon pretty much refuses to do this unless the client's hair is in amazing condition, and if the client insists...otherwise they try to discourage you. Here is my salon's link if you want to email, or even call them Moods Hair Salon - Downtown Vancouver Hair Salon (my stylist is Chad)....its in Vancouver Canada, but they're quite helpful. Here's a few sites on this issue:

Hair dye stripping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is Hair Dye Stripping?

...and finally here is a page off my hair salon's site about color correction: Moods Hair Salon - Colour Corrections and Fadage

Sarah - that is f---ing crazy! you are not being a bridezilla - wedding coming up or not - this is your hair!!!

i think you should call another salon and get some advice. the salon owners are really handling this unprofessionally - i am relaly sorry sad.gif

omg, ok, I am so late on this and I'm sorry!

First of all, one thing I never like to do is strip clients hair. Many people thing it takes the color out, but in reality it is like bleaching your hair, which will turn brown/darn brown hair orange. Not to mention it is so bad for your hair.

What your stylist should have mentioned to you was doing a caramel and maybe a blonde highlights to get to to the color you wanted to be for the wedding.

So, yes, in short the best thing you could do would be not to color it, but I would if my hair were orange, but I would also have a professional do it.

Did I miss any updates on you recoloring your hair (sorry if I did)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShelley View Post
omg, ok, I am so late on this and I'm sorry!

First of all, one thing I never like to do is strip clients hair. Many people thing it takes the color out, but in reality it is like bleaching your hair, which will turn brown/darn brown hair orange. Not to mention it is so bad for your hair.

What your stylist should have mentioned to you was doing a caramel and maybe a blonde highlights to get to to the color you wanted to be for the wedding.

So, yes, in short the best thing you could do would be not to color it, but I would if my hair were orange, but I would also have a professional do it.

Did I miss any updates on you recoloring your hair (sorry if I did)
i agree.....first take a deep breath.. comunication is sooo important with that said lets move forward now ytou must tone down the orange but you need to cut out pictures so you are both on the same page of what you are looking for. next you need a great treament a couple of them and you need to be patient it is a process from begining to end it will work out just try to relax and they need to help you but bring a photo or magazine look aty victoria secret they have beautiful chocolate carmel honey colors..i like to use food as my flavors of colors.. it is so easy to explain that way...so i am sooo sorry this happened to you but will be ok....

I brought in about 10 pictures of what I wanted my hair to look like and it looks NOTHING Like it. We were just going for the base color, like chocolate like you said (think of jessica biels brown hair) and it is very light orange tint. I cant wait to call the owner today and get a full refund and hear what she has to say.

They Open at Nine (which in my time zone is in an hour and a half.... and I will be calling at nine).

So here is my argument that I am going to make with the owner to get my $500 back.... let me know if it will work

-I would like full refund of the $500

-I dont feel comfortable going to a salon where the customer is never right

-I can understand that mistakes do happen, but the customer service I have received has been horrible and not admitting that a mistake was even made.

-If the process that you do is stripping: I should have been told ahead of time that my hair was going to get stripped and also given other options letting me know the damage that stripping does to hair. Never once was I given another option to just highlight may hair.

-Even if I was told my hair was being stripped and agreed to it (Which I would not have) why did it turn orange? According to you it is because of the shampoo I use. When infact it is not, I purchased the shampoo from your salon because it DID NOT have Phosfates in it. The real reason my hair turned orange is becuase not only did you strip the box color out of my hair but also my own natural hair color.

-I was not offered a time to come back any earlier than thrusday, but when I called and spoke with the owner yesterday they told me I could get in immediately.

-I dont want to go back and get my hair corrected at a salon that does not think that anything is wrong in the first place.

Sarah, I work in a hair salon and although I'm an esthetician, I end up doing more hair (especially color - my fave!). Here's what she needed to do: Yes, your hair would have turned orange when stripping. Did she put you under the dryer on high heat for at least 20-30 minutes? What I do when I'm stripping hair is I'm constantly checking to see if their hair is blotchy. If it is, I take them out of the heat and blow dry (btw, you should've had a cap on so that your hair doesn't dry with the heat) the rest to get it as even as possible. It'll always end up blotchy..especially with boxed color. But here's what she should've done..... DID SHE PUT A TONER IN YOUR HAIR BEFORE COLOR?? That's why it turned orange. She was right when she said she couldn't put color on color but she needed to prepare your hair for a new color. Toner you only need for about 10-15 minutes if that. Toner is also put without peroxide so it just deposits color, not lifts. It should have evened everything out before applying color.

To be honest with you, go to a different salon and get them to fix it. Obviously this salon doesn't know their stuff. I always tell my clients when I'm helping them chose a color, "Color can always be fixed. It might take a few processes but it's reversible. It's the haircuts that you don't like that screw you." lol

I'll call my boss to check how to fix this for you just to have a second opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraha View Post
They Open at Nine (which in my time zone is in an hour and a half.... and I will be calling at nine).
So here is my argument that I am going to make with the owner to get my $500 back.... let me know if it will work

-I would like full refund of the $500

-I dont feel comfortable going to a salon where the customer is never right

-I can understand that mistakes do happen, but the customer service I have received has been horrible and not admitting that a mistake was even made.

-If the process that you do is stripping: I should have been told ahead of time that my hair was going to get stripped and also given other options letting me know the damage that stripping does to hair. Never once was I given another option to just highlight may hair.

-Even if I was told my hair was being stripped and agreed to it (Which I would not have) why did it turn orange? According to you it is because of the shampoo I use. When infact it is not, I purchased the shampoo from your salon because it DID NOT have Phosfates in it. The real reason my hair turned orange is becuase not only did you strip the box color out of my hair but also my own natural hair color.

-I was not offered a time to come back any earlier than thrusday, but when I called and spoke with the owner yesterday they told me I could get in immediately.

-I dont want to go back and get my hair corrected at a salon that does not think that anything is wrong in the first place.

OH wait I didn't see this post, It's definitely not the shampoo you use! wtf..thats so weird that she'd tell you that lol lol Did she was your hair before stripping it? It's needed. We have a special shampoo. This is the link to what we use: PRAVANA