Ottawa Valley/Algonquin Park - Wedding Locations?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:05 PM

Alrighty I'm hoping some of yous who live in these areas may be able to help me out!!
    My sister & her bf are considering getting married this summer/fall in the Ottawa Valley/Algonquin Park areas & they're looking for some places that could be a possible wedding location! They're looking for a smaller, more intimate place (ie/ she fell in love with a Maple Farm)
    Her bf's mother is ill & has been getting worse so depending on her condition in the next while they may need to get started quickly on the planning.
    Any infomation or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

#2 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

What about a lodge like Arowhon Pines? The location is beautiful and I'm pretty sure they hold weddings.

Northridge Inn & Resort is also beautiful, but probably too far west...I think Algonquin is about an hour east of there.

Deerhurst in Huntsville is absolutely gorgeous too and I'd imagine they've held some beautiful weddings.

I love that area so much! Anywhere she picks will be great - especially at that time of year!

#3 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

Thanks for those suggestions! She really likes Arowhon Pines so far! (I just e-mailed them to get some information for her)
        She really loves Deerhurts too, but it's a bit too $ for them.
        If you can think of any other lodge-type locations, feel free to throw the info in this general direction :)

#4 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:15 PM

It's too bad she's getting married this year (well not too bad, but you know what I mean LOL) because we camp in that area a lot in the summer so I could scout out some spots for her...but by the time we get up there it will be too late!

I saw a wedding take place in Algonquin Park once, it was absolutely beautiful...I wish I could remember the spot they had it at but it was by the water and just gorgeous!

#5 zoeysmom1204

• 218 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:02 AM

Elora Gorge used to be really nice... I havent been there in years though....

#6 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:08 AM

Elora is beautiful, but that's out by me in Cambridge - 3+ hours from the Algonquin area.

#7 saraece

• 289 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:33 AM

In The Ottawa area there is Stanleys Farm
                Stanleys Olde Maple Lane Farm | Welcome to Stanley's Olde Maple Lane Farm
                I have been to weddings here and it is very cool. They have a number of sites depending on your size of party.
                Like our first kiss all over again

#8 Jenn79

• 625 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:58 AM

Don't let the name turn you off, but the Bean Town Ranch ( Bean Town Ranch ) is absolutely beautiful. Very intimate.
                  Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
                  Review Pictures Pro Pictures
                  "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#9 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:54 AM

Thank you guys so much for the suggestions! Most of the places you mentioned, she has looked into! So far it looks like she found a possibility, but it's not quite in the exact area we started looking in! lol She's liking the Delta Sherwood Inn in Port Carling, ON. Her & her bf are planning to do a site visit next week! Thanks again for all your suggestions! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users