Photo

Did you all hear about the baby with two faces?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

wow.............. im speechless.

#12 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

I read about this this morning. I hope she does well. Apparently this is a really rare condition and most of the babies don't live very long.

#13 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
      • 5,681 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:09 PM

Wow, this is incredible. I heard about it but didn't see any pictures till now.

#14 Sharonie

Sharonie
        • 557 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:31 PM

Very interesting, I hope she will grow up healthy w/o any medical complications.

#15 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
          • 1,266 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:18 AM

Oh thats sad. This is morbid- but I wonder how long she has to live? If she is worshiped as a "god" do you think she will need medical help...
            I feel sad. But i do agree, shes still cute!

#16 Bride010101

Bride010101
            • 1,547 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:20 AM

Wow... that is remarkable. She is a really cute kid!

#17 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
              • 815 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:26 AM

In one of the articles, it says that she blinks both sets of eyes at the same time. I wonder if the facial nerves just split and get the same signal from the brain. Does this mean she cries simultaneously from both mouths? We need some video. It is a blessing for that baby that she is considered a reincarnated god.
                http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
                Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
                Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#18 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:41 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CarrieRN
                  In one of the articles, it says that she blinks both sets of eyes at the same time. I wonder if the facial nerves just split and get the same signal from the brain. Does this mean she cries simultaneously from both mouths? We need some video. It is a blessing for that baby that she is considered a reincarnated god.
                  FI and I were looking at this and wondering some of the same things. Since she is constantly referred to as "a girl" (i.e. one girl) then I'm guessing there is only one brain. Very interesting.

I was just researching what Goddess she may resemble and I came across this little girl's story ~
                  Hindu Goddess Born With 4 Legs and 4 Arms | Weird Asia News

In the article they say it is common for children born with deformities in that culture to be revered as gods.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#19 Bride010101

Bride010101
                  • 1,547 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:49 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CarrieRN
                    I was wondering the same as well. I found another website that had the following explanation and some clearer photos:

"Lali was born with a rare condition called craniofacial duplication, where a single head has two faces.

Doctors who delivered the baby said she appeared to be in good health, and is leading a normal life with no breathing difficulties.

They were initially uncertain whether the baby would have normal functions but say so far she is "doing well" and eating from both of her two mouths. "

Indian baby born with two faces 'doing well' one month after birth | the Daily Mail

#20 zoeysmom1204

zoeysmom1204
                    • 218 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:52 AM

Wow.. I bet she started off as twins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users