What do ya's think of this BM dress

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
  • VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:59 PM

I keep going back to this dress. The one I am in love with (posted on my pix) is too much $ and I didn't want the girls to go broke. So this dress is $240...which I still thought was HIGH, but I thought I'd call some shops to see about discounts etc. One shop in particular said if all 3 girls got the dress there, she'd take 15% off. So $204.00 isnt too bad I though, what do you guys think- honestly. And you can be brutal. lol OH and the color will be eggplant.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:02 PM

That dress and the color is stunning! I love love love it. I'd still ask the BMs their opinion just in case it might be a little too expensive for them.

#3 alex

alex
      • 1,139 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:03 PM

Honest opinion... I'd wear it in a second! lol I think it's beautiful! Definately a good idea to ask them about the price for their budgets though.

#4 pryzeless

pryzeless
        • 614 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:06 PM

I like it but I think you should ask your BM's if the price is good for them.

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:07 PM

I really think it's beautiful, but if I were your BM i'd have a really hard time paying for it. It's clean, simple lines, and you might be able to find a version that's less expensive if that becomes an issue.
          Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
          these are all from davids bridal, not quite as classy, but loads less expensive.

#6 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:07 PM

i love jim hjelm dresses and that one is stunning. ask your BMs if they can live with the discounted price first though.

#7 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
          • 1,881 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

I love the dress. If your BM's are ok with the price I say go for it!
            http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
            February 14, 2009

#8 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:15 PM

The dress is gorgeous, i agree with your the other girls about checking with your bm's about the price.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
              • VIP Member
              • 3,160 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:15 PM

Well when I first started BM dress hunting, I sent them all kinds of jim Hjelm dresses- not knowing they were expensive. LOL So after they fell in love with this one, and another one I loved by Lorozo, I told them they were pricey. So of course they said "OH NO it's ok, it's your day so whatever you want!" But I know people sometimes just say things ;o) Sooo I just sent them emails giving them the details on this and I will see what they say. I was also thinking that SINCE I only have 3 girls, if this is the dress we all love and decide on, I wanted to put down $50 toward each dress, since I do feel its alil more expensive for them. I dunno.

#10 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DougsGirl
                  I really think it's beautiful, but if I were your BM i'd have a really hard time paying for it. It's clean, simple lines, and you might be able to find a version that's less expensive if that becomes an issue.
                  Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
                  these are all from davids bridal, not quite as classy, but loads less expensive.
                  yes this is true. and its still kinda early, im just getting antzy! i will see what they say. i could find something similar purhaps...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users