Are you having engagement photos done?

I consider myself really naive when it comes to all this wedding stuff so please fill me in. People keep asking me when are we going to get our engagement photos done. Well, I am not really sure we are getting any done so I was wondering what other brides are doing. I don't really see their purpose so I'm a little confused. We have tons and tons of pictures of the two of us together. Besides, we will be getting married at the beach so we will have tons of beautiful pictures with gorgeous backgrounds to look at. What are engagement pictures used for?....are they just casual pictures of you and your signinfact other hanging out? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are having them done because it is part of our package. We'll have an 8x10 or so printed which I'm gonna get a big mat for, and use it as our guest book at our reception (people sign the mat!)

and probably a few nice prints to frame or something.

I've seen lots of engagement pics used for wedding stuff- like a nice picture to place by the guest book or used in a frame for guests to sign, STD pic, etc.

We didn't do engagement pics. We were only engaged a year- I would think by the time I got them done and then printed it would almost be wedding time. I had no plans of using them for anything other than pictures so it wasn't worth the money for me.

We arent doing engagement pics either but I think some do it for purposes of having a nice pic for the announcement they put in the newspaper

(which we are not doing either). If it not included in your package and you already have nice pics of the two of you that you could use then there may not be a purpose.

I doubt we'll end up doing any. It's going to be hard enough to get him not to make any "pirate faces" (aka, the ugly faces he makes when he doesn't want his pic taken!) for the wedding pics let alone make him sit through even more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrafaye View Post
I doubt we'll end up doing any. It's going to be hard enough to get him not to make any "pirate faces" (aka, the ugly faces he makes when he doesn't want his pic taken!) for the wedding pics let alone make him sit through even more!
Uh oh! Is your FI like that too? Mine drove me CRAZY the day of the wedding. He didn't want to do any serious shots and I think it's because he gets uncomfortable and would rather act like a dork. He and the best man were so retarded. The photographer had to keep telling them to stop holding hands in the pics because they thought it was funny to act like they were lovers instead. Seriously- I wanted to shoot them.

Haha Rachel.. that's funny.. well maybe not for you :)

We aren't getting them done. We have a ton of pics of us together so didn't really make sense for us.. plus we weren't announcing it in the paper.. I don't think putting it in the paper is a big thing here.

I am not sure about this. I was against it becuase I didn't see the point by then I see all these great photos here and it makes me want to do it. My FI was going to give it to me for my birthday but I told him to hold off. I feel like we are going to have tons of great photos of us in 6 months any way....I know I am not any help.