Worst gift ever..

TammyB

Oh my- that just reminded me of my DH (weird to say that!) first Valentine's gift. He bought me chocolate body butter and thought it was edible. You should have saw his face when I clued him in that indeed it was not edible. He was like "but it says butter!" So of course he had to put a bit in his mouth to discover that it tastes like crap- just like butter would! By his logic, why would you buy anything "edible" that you thought was butter? What a nimrod.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
what is with people and ceramic avocados?! LOL

this isnt my worst gift, i will have to think about my own but my FSIL for christmas this year received quite the doozy.

their rich aunt gave her a set of 6 body butters - doesnt sound so bad yet but just wait.... so first, theres a sticker on the back of the packaging that says "SAMPLE NOT FOR SALE". 1st strike, because she knows it was re re-gifted. then she opens up the package, opens the body butters, and each of the containers is totally empty, LITERALLY NOTHING INSIDE! so not only did she get a twice regifted present from a rich aunt who couldve afforded to at least give her cash instead of a piss-poor regift, there wasnt any GIFT even in the regift box! she was sooooo pissed. my FMIL called her brother the next day and was like do you know what your wife gave my daughter for christmashuh.gif?
Now, that takes the cake.

I once received a red and gold striped scarf, in a very loose knit - that was about (no joke) 7 feet long! Mind you, I was 33 or 34 at the time. Maybe if I were in college or a huge Harry Potter fan....

It went back to the store and was exchanged for a lovely handbag. I told the gift-giver that I'd left it on the underground in London, never to be seen again.

these are hilarious!

Great thread Tammy.

so my worst, well there have been a lot, I have some cheap family members, but let's see. I have two.

This one was when I was in middle school, my grandmother (mom's step-mom) gave me a puffy paint sweat suit. It was a white sweatshirt with a puffy paint design on it and white sweat pants (the kind that go in at the bottom) with puffy paint all over them. It was scary and went in the trash very quickly.

My most recent one was from my MIL who kindly gave my DH and I our wedding present the night before our wedding, CD labels, a hat that said "Hull Nutz" on it (Hull is our last name) and a very large eraser that said "for big mistakes" on it...yes folks the night before my wedding, was she giving him a hint or something...she made up for it a little when she gave us a nice frame from things remembered...god only knows what we will get for her first grandchild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post
Some of these are too funny! My worst gift was from this guy I used to date. He gave me a Cubs jersey which at first I was like OK cool, I'm a Cubs fan. But then I turned it around and it had a name on the back of it, but it wasn't one I recognized from the team. Turns out it was his ex-girlfriend's last name. He had bought it for her, but never gave it to her and thought I wouldn't notice. Needless to say that was the end of that relationship. What a moron!

what a douchebag. i would have wanted to punch him in the face!

Ok, I have a good one. Last Christmas my FI got me a bath set (He got me other stuff but we'll keep this short and just focus on the bath set) It wouldn't be that bad except I can't use that perfumy stuff and he knows that. I have really sensitive skin and can only use the good stuff, not that cheep perfumy crap. (I also think it's a little impersonel, like a candle). Anyway, I "joking" made fun of his lame gift and it came back to bite me in the butt.

We went to his parentâ€s house later that morning and guess what his whole family got me? Yep, bath sets. Then we went to my families for dinner, and guess what everyone got me? Bath sets. I had this massive box from my brother so I saved it for last thinking I would get one good thing. Nope, it was the biggest bath set Iâ€ve ever seen. My FI called it karma for making fun of his gift, but I literally got nothing but bath sets for Christmas. I have no idea where to put this stuff or how long I have to keep it for but Iâ€ve got like 15 separate stinky sets. I will never be unappreciative of a gift again!!!

When is it ok to throw away a gift? 4 monthshuh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
I once received a red and gold striped scarf, in a very loose knit - that was about (no joke) 7 feet long! Mind you, I was 33 or 34 at the time. Maybe if I were in college or a huge Harry Potter fan....

It went back to the store and was exchanged for a lovely handbag. I told the gift-giver that I'd left it on the underground in London, never to be seen again.
(note to self, return 7 foot long red and gold striped scarf you had planned on giving to rebecca in july..)

Oh right...I totally forgot about this one: in my 3rd year of university my grandma sent me a pair of royal blue pj's with teddy bears all over the pants and a huge one on the top (which also had a teddy bear collar) they were children sized, so when I put them on the pants came to my knees and the shirt was a belly shirt with 3/4 sleeves. My grandma lives in Romania and I only see her once in like 2-3 years...well I guess she forgot that I'd aged and also grew....:S