My bridesmaids hate their dresses!

can you get a dress from davids in less than a month though?

I've noticed a lot of VS clothes can be really unforgiving. the whole point of that dress is that it is something that can be worn again & again. If they don't like it, it's really not worth it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, that's a PITA, I'm so sorry. Why don't you just tell them a color and have them go find a dress that they like to take some of the stress off of you? That sucks that you have to deal with this 1 month before your wedding. Is there anything we can do? Do you want us to start looking for dresses for you?

That stinks! I am sorry your BM's don't like the dress. Have you seen it on any of them? 2 of my BM's got theirs and they both loved it, but they are also super skinny biotchs- i mean girls.

There are plenty of places you can get cute dresses off the rack though. Do you want them in the same dress? Same color, different styles? We can do some searching for you...

Do you have a Nordstroms? or can they ship to you? They have a ton of great stuff. I dont think Davids can do BM dresses that quickly unless you pay an extra fee maybe. I would definitely check Nordstroms website, they have great dresses for great prices and only $5 shipping (at least in U.S.)

I can't beleive they don't like them....but regardless there is still time to get them something else...Crap I just ordered one too...I always get sucked in to how nice they look on the model, and whenever the item gets to me and I try it on I look like a gorilla...

that sucks! i have 7 BM's and we ordered the VS 7 in 1 in teal and they came and all the girls love them. they don't feel like spandex at all! i also got one for myself in black and love it - it is so light and easy to wear.

but, with that being said, if your girls hate them, you should find something else, you don't want them to be uncomfortable!

So sorry to hear you are going through this but don't be stressed because you still have some time.

I think the most important thing is weather YOU like them. It sounds like you are not super thrilled about the dresses either but would rather keep them becuase you don't want to deal with the stress of finding something else. Why don't you hold on to the dresses for now as back up. Head over to David's Bridal (like one bride said), Macy's, Dillards (they usually have a really good selection) and pick a dress with all your BMs. My BM dresses are from David's Bridal and they only cost my girls $100. If you don't find another dress then go to your nearest department store and have your girls buy some spanex undergarments. They can work wonders!

If you do find something don't worry about the return. I order from VS all the time and many items do end up fitting different than on the models. I do plenty of returns to VS.

Sorry to hear that. I agreee that you are doing the right thing by having them return the dress. The last thing anyone wants is to be unconfortable on your wedding day when they have responsibilities and the like. You still have plenty of time to get another dress together that everyone can buy off the rack...have you looked at bluefly lately? or maybe a non-wedding dress from j crew?