My bridesmaids hate their dresses!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it is annoying to deal with this on such short notice but you really don't want all of them uncomfortable in their dresses because it wil show on their faces and in the body language in the photos. I was in my friends wedding with a dress that wasn't not nice on a girl with a bigger chest and because of that I had my flowers higher that the other girls because I felt so exposed during the whole ceremony. But I am really sorry that is it happening on such short notice! I hope it all works out.

Sorry to hear that, my daughter is getting married in Jan 3, 2009 and did not want BM, but the groom is set on having his friends, so she decided to get the minimum and willonly ask two friend and two cousins, but she is letting them choose their own individual style she only decided on the color to coordinate with the wedidng theme. God luck with that.

I'm sorry that you are dealing with this so close to your wedding! Ultimately its your day so you should do what you want.... but to save drama and conflict I agree returning the dresses and finding an alternative may be the best option. Good luck... crossing my fingers you will be able to figure something out! If you want them matching - I would suggest a big box bridal place like Davids Bridal or more of a regular store like the other ladies have suggested. If you don't mind them being matching - maybe pick a color and have them all find their own dress.

That really sucks! I can empathize though. I buy dresses from the internet all the time and have to send most of them back because they end up not fitting me right or the material is really unforgiving and the model looked great in it.

You have plenty of time to find a new dress though. Maybe just give them a color and they can get what they want? I had to order new BM dresses because WE all hated the first ones. I got the second dress from Nordstrom for $55 each. It worked great because it fit different body types well.

In the meantime, try not to stress. While it really sucks, it should be easy to find a new one- after all it's spring. Dresses are everywhere! Let your BMs do the work and then just show you for final approval. That way you don't even have to think about it.

Plus don't you want your girls to feel good about themselves the day of the wedding too? One time I looked like a stuffed sausage as a BM and I hated the wedding photos. I threw away all the photos the bride gave me with me in them. Sounds vain, but I couldn't look at it without getting sad.

aw I'm sorry! that's no fun. Since you're in Vancouver why don't you make a girls day and go to BCBG on Robson? The upstairs is all sale dresses and they have tonnes and tonnes of them! I'm sure you will all find something that you love there. You could also try French Connection and Artizia on Robson. They always seem to have cute jersey type dresses. Lastly, look up Tart Collections 2007

you can try finding the actual dresses you like online, or you can call Beautymark in Yaletown. They carry the brand there and if they don't actually have the style that you want them might be able to order it for you. Bluefly - Designer Clothing, Handbags, Shoes & Accessories (Prada, Fendi, Gucci & more) at Discount Prices sometimes has Tart clothing too. I have some of their dresses and they're super cute and flattering!

BCBG and ABS are good for off the rack bridesmaid dresses and ABS will give you a 10% discount if you buy 5 or more - but they are both pretty pricey if the girls are buying them themselves. Another option for something fast (which I did, partially b/c we are paying for them and didn't want to spend $350 per dress) is JCrew - they are not fabulous, but they work fine, and are returnable if they don't work. If you have a Loehmanns or something like that sometimes they have many of one dress in the same color, for less. And yeah, there is always Macys and Bloomingdales.

I am sure your girls didn't know that they weren'y going to like them until they arrived, it is so hard when ordering on-line. I would stay away from on-line ordering at this point (what is they arrive and they hate them also or they don't fit) and take a day to go shopping and find the dress they will all be comfy in. All the girls are giving you American stores tp check out, in Canada I would try Fairweathers they have lot's of dresses, le Chateau is another good one, or how about a large dept store like The Bay. It is prom season so you should be able to find a pretty good selection this time of year. Good Luck, I bought my girls dresses at Guess, and Laura's. Good luck, try and look at this as a chance to hang out with your girls one last time before the weddding and do some shopping and have some lunch, could be fun.