Photo

Getting Married in Cuba

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#51 cubagirl

cubagirl
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:54 PM

Hey my FILs are thinking of going to Playa Pesquero for a second week when we go to Cuba for our wedding. My parents might be staying for a second week to celebrate their 30th anniversary and my FILs wanted to give them some privacy so I recommended this resort and the one that adjoins our honeymoon resort (they liked it but wanted to give us some privacy as well as having some of their own). If they end up going I will be sure to post some pictures for you.
    July 12, 2007
    Occidental Grand Playa Turquesa

#52 JulieG

JulieG
    • VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:01 AM

That would be great, thanks so much for the offer. Ask them to take pics of any weddings that are going on. lol

#53 BayBug

BayBug
      • 852 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:47 PM

I think we are envious of those who can travel to Cuba. I bet it is a beautiful country. I can't wait to see pics of Jules wedding.
        Angie

#54 JulieG

JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:49 PM

I will show you lots of pictures, I promise. I just found the perfect photographer, at least I hope so, so that is a great feeling. I am moving tomorrow though, so really that is all I should be thinking about right now, lol, but I am addicted to this site.

#55 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:50 PM

Jules, you're moving tomorrow, wow that went by so quickly. I bet your sister is super excited.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#56 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:14 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Christine
            Jules, you're moving tomorrow, wow that went by so quickly. I bet your sister is super excited.
            Yeah, it went really really fast. I am moved now, I love my house (I also like saying MY HOUSE) lol

Still not to sure about living in Barrie, I love Toronto, but I will get used to it. So far my sister is ecstatic and calls a lot and my 17 month old niece is so so happy, she has even learned how to say my name cause she is so excited that I am here, its really cute. I am happy, its just rough to move from a city you love to one you don't.

#57 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:30 PM

Jules, I am so glad you made it safely and that the move went well. I know you will miss Toronto, but you will just have to visit and make the best of it when you do get to go. You will never regret being closer to your family and seeing your niece and niece/nephew grow up...
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#58 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:03 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Christine
              Jules, I am so glad you made it safely and that the move went well. I know you will miss Toronto, but you will just have to visit and make the best of it when you do get to go. You will never regret being closer to your family and seeing your niece and niece/nephew grow up...
              You are so right Christine. Thank you. Its a niece BTW, she found out she is having another girl. I am so excited for her, I think a girl is much better for her.

#59 cubagirl

cubagirl
              • 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:15 PM

Hey there Jules, my ILs ended up going to Pesquero and loved it! They didn't see any weddings but there was a wedding the week they were there. They even moved because the wedding was being set up right near where they were sitting on the beach. From everything they said I would definitely pay the extra money to get the grand suite or whatever it is called. They were upgraded for free because the hotel couldn't find their reservations and they ended up getting three rooms all to themselves (which they were pretty happy about). The only other suggestion is to make sure you bring scissors as the resort uses the bracelets and you would want to cut those off before the wedding.
                July 12, 2007
                Occidental Grand Playa Turquesa

#60 JulieG

JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:37 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cubagirl
                  Hey there Jules, my ILs ended up going to Pesquero and loved it! They didn't see any weddings but there was a wedding the week they were there. They even moved because the wedding was being set up right near where they were sitting on the beach. From everything they said I would definitely pay the extra money to get the grand suite or whatever it is called. They were upgraded for free because the hotel couldn't find their reservations and they ended up getting three rooms all to themselves (which they were pretty happy about). The only other suggestion is to make sure you bring scissors as the resort uses the bracelets and you would want to cut those off before the wedding.
                  Thank you for your advice. I was not told about the bracelets, thank you. Those are so silly, why does any resort use them. No worries, we will take them off before the wedding for sure.

I am so glad they loved it. I have heard only good things from people who have been there, but some people on trip advisor disagree, so it scares me sometimes.

Thank you. Did ahy of them happen to get hair or make up or manicure's done? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users