#21 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:11 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jthrasherphoto.com
    but just be friendly about it, and don't sound cheap even if you are.

lol
    I don't think any of the really "cheap" brides will be contact you, they might just go straight for the bargain photographer!

#22 jthrasher

jthrasher
    • Banned
    • 486 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:16 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by akh
      I don't think any of the really "cheap" brides will be contact you, they might just go straight for the bargain photographer!

you'd think wouldn't you. but you'd be wrong. hence the occasional frustration

#23 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:18 PM

well some of us are being pressured by people who got married 30 years ago to somehow plan a wedding on the budget that they used in 1977 (like my parents) who think I should be able to have a full on family wedding for around $10,000...yeah right!!
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#24 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:19 PM

lol - Christine, that would be awful!

#25 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:22 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jthrasherphoto.com
          you'd think wouldn't you. but you'd be wrong. hence the occasional frustration
          well, you're right, there are some people that just don't get the saying "you get what you pay for" - nothing you can do about those people! if you pay $500 for photos, you're going to get $500 worth - not $5000! nothing wrong with paying that, but you will just get different results.

#26 Jen

Jen
          • 144 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:22 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
            well some of us are being pressured by people who got married 30 years ago to somehow plan a wedding on the budget that they used in 1977 (like my parents) who think I should be able to have a full on family wedding for around $10,000...yeah right!!
            Hahaha! I think we might have the same parents!!!! Actually my parents are cool about everything, they gave us a set price for what they will contribute and then basically said the rest was up to us! Its the rest of my family that is driving me crazy with their insane ideas of what a wedding costs.....my aunt even suggested that we have the reception at the "Elks lodge" or American legion where they can cater it (out of aluminum trays!!!) Oh lord help us all :) But then again, this is the Aunt that thinks its rude to have a DW, because SHE can't afford it (she's one of the ones thats pissed about missing out on free food and an open bar )

#27 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:24 PM

Jen I feel you on that, my grandma asked me if I wanted paper plates because she needed to tell the caterer!!! PAPER PLATES, can you believe it. Well I made my dad do some googling and he understands a little better now, but when I first got engaged they were being ridiculous.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#28 Jen

Jen
            • 144 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:26 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
              Jen I feel you on that, my grandma asked me if I wanted paper plates because she needed to tell the caterer!!! PAPER PLATES, can you believe it. Well I made my dad do some googling and he understands a little better now, but when I first got engaged they were being ridiculous.

#29 jthrasher

jthrasher
              • Banned
              • 486 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jen
                Hahaha! my aunt even suggested that we have the reception at the "Elks lodge" or American legion where they can cater it (out of aluminum trays!!!)

that is ONE reason why I have my rates the way I do too. I will NEVER shoot another reception at the Elks Lodge or firefighters hall.

#30 jthrasher

jthrasher
                • Banned
                • 486 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:30 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by akh
                  well, you're right, there are some people that just don't get the saying "you get what you pay for" - nothing you can do about those people! if you pay $500 for photos, you're going to get $500 worth - not $5000! nothing wrong with paying that, but you will just get different results.
                  truer words have never been spoken.

why can't all brides be like you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users