Photo

Dog had a seizure last night

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#11 PenMarie

PenMarie
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:13 AM

Jacqueline, I'd definitely see what your vet says -- my vet would want me to bring her in right away to get blood work. I'm not sure how old your dog is, but I know that dogs can have seizures from diabetes as well. She may have to be on meds to try to control future seizures.

Also, I'd really try to keep your Tylenol out of reach of your pets ...it can be very very dangerous should a pet get a hold of something like that. I know with our ferrets it can actually cause organ damage and even death.

I hope you can find out what caused her seizure and she continues to do well.

#12 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
    • LocationUtah

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:14 AM

That is so scarry and sad. I am so sorry you had to witness your baby in that kind of state. I'm happy Sheeba seems better now. Our friends dog had been having seizures and she was told to put some herb in her water to help. I can't remember what it was but I will check with her and I'll let you know so you can research it. Or maybe the vet will mention something. Do you have a photo of Sheeba, I cant recall what that breed looks like and I would love to see a photo of her!

#13 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

What has the vet said? So sad I'm such an animal lover, I hate to see them suffer. My dog is a shiba/husky mix but I don't know much about the health problems that come with them.

#14 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
      • VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:21 AM

[QUOTE=PenMarie;333776]
        Also, I'd really try to keep your Tylenol out of reach of your pets ...it can be very very dangerous should a pet get a hold of something like that. I know with our ferrets it can actually cause organ damage and even death.
        [QUOTE]

I have this lil trinket box next to my light and my one cat knocks over everythingggg in the AM to wake me up and I'm thinking one day she did that, a PM pill fell out and I never picked it up. I hope it wasnt that!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Raeka
        That is so scarry and sad. I am so sorry you had to witness your baby in that kind of state. I'm happy Sheeba seems better now. Our friends dog had been having seizures and she was told to put some herb in her water to help. I can't remember what it was but I will check with her and I'll let you know so you can research it. Or maybe the vet will mention something. Do you have a photo of Sheeba, I cant recall what that breed looks like and I would love to see a photo of her!
        here she is...
        What has the vet said? So sad I'm such an animal lover, I hate to see them suffer. My dog is a shiba/husky mix but I don't know much about the health problems that come with them.
        I just left a VM so Im waking for a call back. I didnt think they had health issues, so I hope it's nothing. :o(

#15 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:23 AM

She is gorgeous dog! awwwww poor lil' thing. I hope it doesn't happen again

#16 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:27 AM

oh she's so cute, standing so perfectly for the camera, I wish I could get mine to do that. I hope the vet calls you soon.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#17 PenMarie

PenMarie
        • 133 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:41 AM

oh, how CUTE is she!!

#18 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
          • VIP Member
          • 3,160 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:56 AM

Thx guys. Yeah, she is very sweet. Heres some more cute pix.

So we made an apt tomorrow in the AM. Joe's mom will taker her since we have work, they are taking a blodd test and all that fun stuff. Keep your fingers and toes crossed ;o)

Click the image to open in full size.
            Click the image to open in full size.

#19 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

yikes dunno why the pix are huge. sorry.

#20 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

Aww, she is a cutie! I hope all goes well at the vet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users