I'm Freaking...(in a GOOD way!) Dress Story

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 BillysBride

BillysBride
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:28 PM

Its Fate..I'm telling you ladies.

So, a few of you may remember, last month I posted pics trying to find a particular dress. Well, someone posted a response with ANOTHER variation of the style I was looking for, and I actually completely fell in love. Only problem was..when I found the dress..it was about five hundred over my budget. My budget was pretty firm...not that kind of room to adjust, so I planned to order my second choice since I was just frustrated and thinking I just wasn't going to find a close enough version to the dream gown.

Well, yesterday, I decide to do one last web search for the dress. At the very end of the second page, I found a Craigslist listing for the style. Now, I still wasn't holding out much hope. The dress actually comes in only two colors, one of which is the gold accent color I was looking for but had never seen anyone sell. Ladies...IT WAS THE ONE!!! And wanna know what else? Its MY size with the bridal size adjustment...and even the length should work perfectly with no alterations(she's two inches shorter than me, but wore two inch heels..unbelievable!) Just amazing.

Theres more. She was also a destination bride! She sent me photos of her in the dress on the beach...so I'm even getting to see what it looks like in the right setting insted of just trying to use my imagination. FH is sitting here laughing at me because I am so worked up (he just doesn't get why thats important), but I am just in love with the thing all over again. The best part is, its within my budget! I'm saving six hundred dollars buying it from her as a private seller!!

She's just the sweetest and has been so great answering my questions and sending pics. I'm just SO thankful I stumbled across her listing. It really does seem like Fate! God was looking out for me on this one.
    Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
    http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#2 alex

alex
    • 1,139 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:32 PM

That is honestly one of the best things I've heard all day!
      I've been having a pretty blah day & reading this just brought a huge grin to my face! I am SOOO excited for you!!!!!!!

#3 Leia78

Leia78
      • VIP Member
      • 2,459 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:32 PM

What great news...it was meant to be!

#4 Bride010101

Bride010101
        • 1,547 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:37 PM

Wow! That is amazing and so exciting! Congrats... I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see some pics.

#5 Sherry

Sherry
          • 390 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:48 PM

That is amazing news. I'm so happy for you. Now where are the pics!

#6 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
            • 4,979 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:21 AM

Definately meant to be!!! That's so exciting! Is she sending it to you right away? Will you post pictures for us when you get it??
              Happily Married since May 9, 2008
              Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#7 dragonfly

dragonfly
              • 1,820 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:02 AM

Sometimes all the stars are aligned just right, and the gods are smiling down~

#8 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                • 1,260 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:11 AM

Don't you just love it when things work out so smoothly! It must be all the good karma you put out on BDW

Now you know we all want a pic!
                  See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#9 happyone

happyone
                  • 223 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:54 AM

Yay! That is wonderful!

#10 Chiquita

Chiquita
                    • 2,674 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:19 AM

That is such great news!! Good karma :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users