Photo

Really bummed about our honeymoon...

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 kr3611

kr3611
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:53 PM

It's so much better to go in the fall/winter - you don't have to deal with the hordes of tourists and its much more relaxing. If you want to spend some time in a warmer place you shoudl see about a weekend in the French Riviera or something. It won't be beach weather but it will still be in the 50s or 60s and romantic!

#12 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:11 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MelissaH

Looks like the pros outweigh the cons - and really, 4-9 celsius is not *that* cold - that's about the weather we're having right now and I'm just wearing a light jacket and a long sleeved shirt....buuut I'm also not from Cali LOL
      Spoken like the true Canadian girl you are, lol.

We get to 9 celsius and everyone is out washing their cars, buying spring clothes, and floating their fannies down the ganny (homemade floats down the ice filled river). I say enjoy Paris in November, it could be oh so romantic and last I checked you can eat and drink your way across a cool France just as well as a warm one.

#13 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:15 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Yari
        I would still go! Experience Paris and Florence in the winter, then you can go again and see it from a different season.

I think it would be romantic to stroll away the streets of Paris with your DH in the rain.
        Well said Yari! You've nearly convinced me to change my honeymoon location!!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Tammy Host
        leia, i LOVE your sig!
        Me too!!! Everytime I see it, I can't help but smile. Your dog is an excellent model and such a trooper!
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#14 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
        • 684 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:21 AM

I was just in Paris and London this past november and it was so ROMANTIC! Yes it was cold but it didn't stop us at all if anything it made us much closer, and nothing is crowded! there is much less tourism in November and rates are better. you should still go, you will love it. we had an AMAZING time. and not a single day of rain. there are a few pictures on my blog, you can see that we are bundled up, but its still very nice out.
          http://bestdestinati....cs-part-2.html

#15 happyone

happyone
          • 223 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:43 AM

Go for it girl! I think Paris would be amazing in the fall. Get a cute raincoat and galoshes to match so that you'll be excited if it rains.

#16 Chiquita

Chiquita
            • 2,674 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:52 AM

I say go for it too :) It will be romantic with the bonus of not being super busy because it's off-season :)

#17 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
              • 4,881 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
              • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
              • LocationNew York

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:46 AM

GO!!!! I've spent lots of time in Paris and Florence during the colder seasons. It's not bad. Just... cold. So take a good pair of cutie rain boots, a small WINDPROOF umbrella (big fan of the one from Sharper Image), and a decent coat and you'll be fine!!

And if you need any help with restaurants hotels in Florence or Paris (I'm better with Florence than Paris), PM me - I've got a great list!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#18 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,328 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:11 AM

you should still go...

i don't know about florence, but i was in paris in the fall (i think october) and it was fine. i just wore thick sweaters and bought lots of scarves- the french loooove their scarves.

#19 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
                • VIP Member
                • 4,116 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:28 AM

Your honeymoon plans sound perfect!! I wanna go on your honeymoon!! lol! ;-) I bet it's going to be gorgeous, romantic and amazing!

#20 JennyK

JennyK
                  • 3,502 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:18 AM

to tell you the truth, it's probably the best time to go! My family always goes to Europe in the fall since summer prices are INSANE and the weather is still semi-warm. I wouldn't worry. If it's where you want to go, then go! Good luck :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users