Rachel's Las Caletas Review/ Wedding Recap

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:38 PM

I can't believe I just saw this - WOW Rachel, AWESOME REVIEW!!!!
    PS
    Don't feel alone. I can't get on an escalator without actually having to think about it and time it right. FI laughs about it every time even after 3 years together. And I can not walk down or up stairs without holding on to a rail. Those stairs are my worst fear. Mom said that I should wear shoes at least to the sand, but having to handle my dress, make sure I don't miss a step, hold on to a rail, and risk being tripped by my flip flops or kicking them off...no thanks!
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am so glad to know there are more of y'all out there! hahahaha I know I've said this before in the LC thread but I am T-E-R-R-I-F-I-E-D of falling down stairs! Sometimes it gives me a panic attack! It's a really good thing LC is so amazing because I would NEVER walk down that many stairs anywhere else for my wedding!

Rachel - there isn't a rail to hold onto on the stairs, right? I think instead of walking down the "final steps" all by myself I'm going to have to have my Dad meet me up there and get a good hold on me - lol!

Thanks again for the amazing review - soooo helpful

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#42 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:44 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
      IRachel - there isn't a rail to hold onto on the stairs, right?
      Hell no! When we exited the suite and walked past the spa I looked down the stairs and thought "Oh shit." Meanwhile, Nicole is running down them saying "try to hurry girls. It's almost time." I just stood at the top for awhile trying to figure out how to do it. My MOH/sister stopped and came back up when she saw I didn't move. She tried lifting my dress for me but that just made me feel less stable. I ended up scooping the whole thing up and slowly walked down with my dress around my waist. I probably exposed a little too much, but I was stinkin nervous! Nicole saw me and laughed. She said she wished more photographers captured this part with the bride's dress hiked up to the waist.

When I finally got to the point where I was in front of everyone, I probably looked like a clumsy idiot. I can't wait to see photos of it because I can't remember if I let my dress fall down a bit more. I was too nervous and I don't really remember that part much.
      Happily married since 2008

#43 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
      • 413 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:45 PM

Jaime, my dad came up to the bridal casita and walked me down all of the stairs the whole way. He came up there, our photog took some pics with my dad and I and then he walked me down - one of my bm's took my flowers, and I just held on to my dad's arm the whole way down....much better than walking down with nothing to hold on to!

Lindsay

PS: AWESOME review Rachel - I laughed and cried! Brings back so many memories!

#44 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by TA Lindsay
          Jaime, my dad came up to the bridal casita and walked me down all of the stairs the whole way. He came up there, our photog took some pics with my dad and I and then he walked me down - one of my bm's took my flowers, and I just held on to my dad's arm the whole way down....much better than walking down with nothing to hold on to!
          OMG why didn't my dad do that?
          Happily married since 2008

#45 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:54 PM

Great review, Rachel! I had never heard of LC til BDW and now I want to go there so much. I love the taxi driver...lol! Can't wait to see more pics!!!

#46 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:54 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TA Lindsay

Lindsay

PS: AWESOME review Rachel - I laughed and cried! Brings back so many memories!
              What a great idea! I would love to get some shots with my Dad before the ceremony anyways - love it :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#47 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,047 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
              • LocationToronto

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:33 PM

congrats!! It looks like such an awesome time can't wait to see more pics!

#48 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
              • VIP Member
              • 3,405 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:36 PM

Back MRS. Rachel! Sounds like you had quite the fun time....sickies and all! So glad to hear you had a blast. I cannot wait for more pictures! Good god, don't you know we want to see your dress and all!

#49 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:36 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                  I'm down. I would like to go back and do it all again non-sick. I just laid on the beach like a beached whale. It would be so nice to see what LC has besides a beach and a lot of stairs.
                  At least you made it to the beach! I didn't leave the casita all day ... so sad. Well, Nicole made me walk down once so she could ask me how I wanted the ceremony set up (the "L" shape aisle, or the straight one). Then I went right back up! lol

#50 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
                  • 5,681 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

Congrats! Welcome home! Thanks for posting! Can't wait to see more pictures!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users