Photo

Changed my user name because...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
  • 812 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

Anyone ever google themselves? Well, I googled myself the other day, and BDW was the 3rd thing on the list. At first I was all "how funny is that... I can't believe I post enough to have this show up!" Then, slowly, it occured to me that ANYONE who googles me will see my posts... including all my vents! I started visualizing my FMIL sitting at her computer reading through my posts ... needless to say, I began sweating profusely! Obviously I don't think she is sitting around googling me, but you never know!

#2 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
    • 1,257 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

we'd protect you! FI has mentioned that a few times but oh well, I don't think his family even uses the internet!

#3 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

haha! Yeah, I had a similar thing happen a while ago on google....our last name was in the link for our slideshow and when DH's ex wife googled his name looking for an article on him, she found our "secret Hawaii wedding" pics...oops!
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#4 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:06 PM

hahaha, understandable. well do you want us to not say g-a-l-i-t anymore, it might help?

#5 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

I hope mine does she may get the hint I can't stand her and bog off and leave me alone pmsl

#6 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
          • 933 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

i got all worried because my username used to be my 1st initial, middle intial, last name, i worried about the same thing.
            My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#7 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:35 PM

I had the same problem! My mom uses AOL and for some reason whenever she typed the wedding website address it did a search that linked pulled up my forum posts (when I had the link in my siggy.) I worried about the vents so decided to remove it.

#8 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

galit do you want us to delete some threads? We would be more than happy to (the mods I mean). Just PM me with any ones you want and I will make sure they dissapear.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#9 lscilley

lscilley
              • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:37 PM

I never really thought about that. I googled mine and yup it all comes up haha oh well if I'm that important to anyone for them to have to google me I guess they will get to read all. I should probably stop using my first inital and last name as my user name for almost everything.

#10 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:59 PM

I just googled myself and nothing comes up...weird.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users