For those who made their own invites!!!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 adrianna28

• 178 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:50 PM

I've been noticing a lot of boarding pass invites and I love them! I just can't decide if I want to spend the time making them or just order them. If you made your own, would you do it all over again

#2 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:57 PM

Hell yes my invites were one of my favourite things that I did for my wedding, and all of our guests fell in love with them. I didn't do boarding pass ones but people appreciated the personal touch.

#3 tlomlad

• Banned
      • 1,949 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:59 PM

yes with out a doubt our guest loved them and thought they were so original and there is a post on here somewhere about buying ones like we all made and they cost like 3200 so with out a doubt!

#4 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

If you seach the boarding pass threads, etc. most of us posted helpful tips, etc. I looked into having them made but it would have been quite costly.

I think Sarah with Sproullie Designs | Custom Photobooks, Invitations and more! is offering or will be offering the boarding pass invites. If you really don't want to make them, contact her for availability.

#5 Taradactyle

• 427 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:55 PM

I'd do it again, but I have to admit that they took me a really long time to finish - about a few weeks at least but I was only working on them for a few hours a day, if that. (I made about 75) But in the end, I think that the amount we saved was well worth it. Plus, they are a hit with the guests, so I think it really got them excited and set a fun tone for the wedding.
            Tara & Patrick

Our Non-Pro Pics: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32280

#6 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:56 PM

It was a lot of work, but in the end, I am glad I did it - it added that additional personal touch!

#7 kr3611

• 127 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:59 PM

I definitely would. It didn't take that much time and that way you can be sure no one else has the same one!

#8 heather007

• 620 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:59 PM

I made our save-the-dates and am in the process of making my invitations. I'm so happy that I decided to make our own.

#9 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:34 AM

I made my own and enjoyed it so much that now I make them for other people :)

#10 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,754 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:39 AM

I'm glad I made mine. All the compliments I received from guests made all the hard work pay off! Plus, making my BP STD's prepared me for my formal invites and all the rest of the DIY stuff I'll be making.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users