I want the location Picked!!!!

For private receptions, that seems to be the case. But I emailed her again to get more details about what exactly the indoor set up is, is it in a room in a hotel, or is it on a terrace or something at least.

I think that if she comes back and says it's at least an open terrace or something, I will go with Grand Palladium.

But assuming she doesnt (which her original comment suggests), then I don't know where to look next... sad.gif Nothing has all the aspects I want...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagsieMexico View Post
For private receptions, that seems to be the case. But I emailed her again to get more details about what exactly the indoor set up is, is it in a room in a hotel, or is it on a terrace or something at least.

I think that if she comes back and says it's at least an open terrace or something, I will go with Grand Palladium.

But assuming she doesnt (which her original comment suggests), then I don't know where to look next... sad.gif Nothing has all the aspects I want...
This was Rocio's response about the reception on the beach......
Dear Jen:

It is a little far the 2008 year and unfortunately we do not have the prices as either the requirements and openings for 2008 so because of this we are unable to book weddings for that year...
Regarding the portofino`s terrace.. we will need to book it and this can be done once we book the date for your wedding but you may notice that the Portofinos terrace has a maximum capacity so if your group it`s bigger than 40 people it will be probably necessary to find another option for your dinner...

Unfortunately on the beach we are unable to have receptions.. the only option we can offer you it`s a bbq dinner.. but not a sit down fancy dinner.. I am sorry...

I heard alot of good things about Iberostar actually......but it is a REALLY large resort, which isn't necessarily bad. My sister's sister-in-law just got back from the Iberostar in RM and LOVED it....said it was really nice. My sister's Mother-in-law is a travel agent and has done weddings there and also recommended it. I think that may be our second choice. I'm just not sure if I want it on a "mega-resort", but then again Grand Palladium isn't exactly small....hahahaha!

Oh, so that does sound like there are some options for outside reception... good to know. I might look at iberostar as well. Do you know which one your sister stayed in? I think I will probably have more than 40 guests...

This is SOOO hard! Anny, while in Cancun, visit all the hotels and write your own destination wedding guide, okayhuh.gif wink.gif

• 1 month later...

Jen, I hear ya! I pretty much have my mind made up that I'm going to be married at the Palladium March 2008, but every time I read a negative review I reconsider. I want to let you know that I was at the Palladium last May (2006) and my FI and I went to the wedding gazebo and it was very pretty and did not smell like pee. Regardless, my FI and I have looked at other's wedding pics at the Palladium and we actually want to get married on the Kantenah beach under a chiffon-made alter. I hope this is still an option?!? Best of luck!

Jen, you know I know how you feel!! And I finally decided on the Barcelo, as you know, but still get worried when I hear negative things...

But HONESTLY, have you seen any places that don't have some negative reviews now and again? Most of these have good reviews for the most part, including Grand Palladium, and Barcelo... and we're pretty laid back, so I think it will be beautiful, and so I am trying to just be happy with my decision.

Which other ones are in the running now? Still thinking about Dreams Tulum?

Jen...

we just got back from our wedding... i didn't have my wedding at the Grand Palladium, but we did stay there... with about 45 of our guests... when i first started my search for my DW, we were considering having our wedding at the GP, but they were booked for the weekend i requested... and since the resort we had my wedding at (Al Cielo Hotel) only has 4 rooms, we decided we would all stay at the Grand Palladium anyway, because it was only 5 minutes from the Al Cielo...

we were at GP for over a week and i think we probably saw 1 wedding reception every nite at the Grand Azul (the outdoor buffet, in front of the big pool)... as for ceremonies, i was only able to glimpse at one over by the gazeboo... i'd have no complaints having my wedding there... but if i did have my wedding at GP, like KAYKAY mentioned, i would definitely have it over on the beach at the northern end of the resort (the Kantenah end of the resort)...

as for our stay there, i personally never noticed the smell that everyone wrote about, ya i could understand the complaints about the long walks to get to the pool and lobbies... but that was a never an issue for us... we just took the trolly... and if the bellhop was driving by in an empty golf cart, we'd wave them down and hitch a ride with them... and after talking to most of my guests, i'd say only one couple noticed the musty smell... but they had scented candles with them and when they turned on the AC, they never really noticed it...

i've read all the negative reviews about the GP, but i also read all the positive reviews... i just took every review i read, good or bad, with a grain of salt...

my photographer (Sol Tamargo) has pictures of a wedding she just did at Grand Palladium Kantenah posted on her blog... here's a link (Sol Tamargo Photography) ... i believe its the 2nd or 3rd posting from the top...

my videographer (Paul Schrank) also has a couple videos of weddings he shot at the Grand Palladium... heres the link to his site... (Playa Weddings - Video Samples of weddings in the Caribbean)

Julie, thank you so much for this review....I appreciate it!! All the resorts I have in mind are really big, so I think walking distance to things is going to be an issue no matter what sad.gif I've decided that I don't want to have the ceremony on the beach, so I'm really focused on the gazebos or alternate locations that resorts have to offer.

Margaret: You're totally right on hearing bad reviews no matter what!!! It could be a 5-star elite resort and SOMEONE would still complain!! Hahaha!!!

I think I have narrowed it down to Grand Palladium, Iberostar and Moon Palace....all very different. I'm still trying to find accurate pricing on rooms for Moon Palace....I keep finding different wildly different pricing, so that is tripping me up!

If I find out that Moon Palace is relatively affordable for guests, I would really love to have it there.....I've gotten prices (on different sites) ranging from $173-$250 (per person per night)......I would like to keep it in the lower range if possible!!!

• 8 months later...