Photo

I want the location Picked!!!!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
  • 420 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:03 AM

Ugh, this is so hard, I want to get onto the fun part of dresses, STDs and OOT bags... though I'm sure those will stress me out in some other way when the time comes!!!

I think I have narrowed it down to Grand Palladium Colonial, Gran Bahia Principe Akumal and Riu Palace Mexico (or dreams cancun as a backup).

I think that Riu Palace is probably going to be more expensive, but waiting to hear room rates to see if that could make sense for my guests.

Otherwise, I have had NO responses from any of the hotels to my enquiries, so that is not good (I have contacted all 4 about 1 to 2 weeks ago).

Any thoughts? I'm hoping for something gorgeous and perfect of course, but want to modify that with something that is affordable for our guests. I love the beach, so want a beach there, and I want a swim up bar, and a beautiful reception and ceremony spot, with dinner and dancing, for about 50 people.

Thoughts anyone?
    Margaret & Eric

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:15 AM

maybe Tammy can help you get in touch with them, she usually has contacts at the resorts. Sorry you have to go through this, that's super frustrating. You can start doing the fun stuff too maybe that will take the stress off of picking a place.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:30 AM

I'm not much help since I'm a Cabo bride, but what helped me when I was making my decision last fall was writing out pros and cons to the resorts. I listed the most important things to me (location, atmosphere, price, amenities) and compared the couple resorts I was debating. Also, the other part that really weighed into the equation for me was how much information I could get about a resort (whether via the forum, or other avenues) and how responsive the hotel staff were in responding to me. Even when I had not selected Dreams as my location, the WC was still prompt in responding to my emails (always got back to me within a week) and this was very important to me. Hope that helps a little...

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:12 PM

magsie,

grand palladium is most responsive (i usually gt an answer within a day) and riu the least but i have not worked with gran bahia on weddings.

in terms of price riu palace is by far more expensive.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 Jen

Jen
      • 144 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:36 PM

I think I've decided on Grand Palladium....I THINK!!! Hahaha...that's today :) Who knows what I will think tomorrow.....I just felt like it was the right spot... I don't know why but I felt happy when I found it.....FINALLY! Plus, I've been obsessing and stressing so much that I nearly called off the DW all together and went to the courthouse and said SCREW IT! But I think I'm back on track....I certainly feel your confusion though!

#6 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
        • 420 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

Oooh, that's exciting Jen. Have you been there?

What did you look at that helped you decide??
          Margaret & Eric

#7 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jen
            I think I've decided on Grand Palladium....I THINK!!! Hahaha...that's today :) Who knows what I will think tomorrow.....I just felt like it was the right spot... I don't know why but I felt happy when I found it.....FINALLY! Plus, I've been obsessing and stressing so much that I nearly called off the DW all together and went to the courthouse and said SCREW IT! But I think I'm back on track....I certainly feel your confusion though!
            Oooh congrats Jen on picking a location! I am so excited for you! Doesn't it take great stress of your back to just have the location picked?

-Glenda

#8 Jen

Jen
            • 144 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

Nope....I've actually never been to Mexico! Originally my FI didn't want the wedding in Mexico because "you go to Mexico for spring break, not a wedding"....ummmm....whatever....but I kept getting stuck everywhere else, things were too expensive, flight was to long/to expensive, I wasn't excited about it...etc. Then, I read something about RM and loved the whole jungle/ocean concept....it just seemed AWESOME to me. I found the resort somewhere....looked at Trip advisor, found hardly any negative comments (RARE) and for some reason I just got a feeling that it was right......I don't know. It may change as I get more info but for right now I'm REALLY excited!

#9 Jen

Jen
              • 144 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:52 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                Oooh congrats Jen on picking a location! I am so excited for you! Doesn't it take great stress of your back to just have the location picked?

-Glenda
                YES!!! This was a HUGE stress! Nothing is definite yet but I have a good feeling about it! Not being able to find a location I was happy about, seriously had me almost over the DW this weekend !!!!

#10 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
                • 420 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:52 PM

So did you just look at the hotel website? Or did you look at reviews? or did you get info directly emailed to you from the Grand Palladium (if so, wanna share??) .

Thanks!
                  Margaret & Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users