Photo

*The official St. Lucia Brides CHAT thread*

• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#551 Bellarocks124

Bellarocks124
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

you can contact at "www.stlucia.cc". they are the best ones at Saint Lucia .

#552 speidelk

speidelk
    • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Is there anyone out there still who has any advice on a wedding at Ladera Resort?  I am not having good luck speaking to their wedding coordinator(s).  It seems like they are in transition, because I keep talking to several different people and they all have different answers.  Not only that, but when I asked for a proposal that included pricing for everything, they just sent me the cost to rent out all of the rooms, not anything about food or alcohol.  This has been going on for nearly 2 months!  I know they have a different approach to these things in the Carribean, but this is getting very frustrating.  I don't want to book my wedding there only to find out they changed their mind on something later.  It seems that even if I have it in writing, they contradict themselves.

#553 LilyRose

LilyRose
      • 202 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hi Speidelk,

First of all, congrats for your upcoming wedding and for choosing Soufri¬®re!  This is a real paradise and you won't regret getting married in that exotic part of St.Lucia.

Ladera is located not far away form the resort I got married (Jade Mountain.)  It looks like a nice place.  I just want to let you know that it is not normal to experience so much contradictions.  I find that my communications for my wedding was very clear and professional. I do not know about all the details of your experience, but since a wedding is not something I would play with, I would not risk getting married in a place that is desorganized or in transition of any kind.  This is just my opinion.  Believe me, you will have so much more things to worry about, you need to have a resort that won't change their mind every minute. There is few similar options around Ladera, you may want to look at them.

Hope this help and that you are not too sad about it.  The good news is that if you can avoid trouble before hand, you are a winner already!

Keep us updated please!

Sincerely,

LilyRose

#554 TropicalBride10

TropicalBride10
        • 55 posts
        • Wedding Location:TBD
        • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

Hi ladies!!

My fiance and I have been globe trotting for months trying to figure out what's the best location for our wedding and we keep coming back to St. Lucia. I really love Soufriere, I think the Pitons are so beautiful and the Jalousie Plantation is absolutely perfect for our wedding. We're expecting around 50 guests and accommodations at the resort are way to expensive so I'll have to find another option but I'm scared that the cost of having the entire wedding there would exceed our budget so I'm looking into just having the ceremony there and I'm working on reception venues. For anyone that's getting married at the resort could you give me a rundown of pricing, I contacted the resort but nobody's gotten back to me yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone could recommend a reception venue not to far from the resort then that'd be great as well. Thanks!!

#555 robinsonj6

robinsonj6
        • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

Hi ladies! I'm planning a wedding at coconut bay St Lucia for April!! So excited!! Does anyone have any input on this resort?

#556 r614

r614
          • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

TropicalBride10: I'm getting married at Jalousie in May, but it will be a very small wedding. Marcus is their wedding planner and has been great to work with so far. He was in Africa for a few months and just returned, so that may be why you haven't heard back from someone. Anyway, they sent me a price sheet that I can forward along, but they said that with the remodeling and name change (they are now called Sugar Beach) that the pricing would change. Here's what I was able to find online: http://www.viceroyho...edding_packages

If you send me your email, I'll forward you the price list they sent me. It includes all the details... bridal spa services, cake, photography, etc.

Cheers!

#557 TropicalBride10

TropicalBride10
            • 55 posts
            • Wedding Location:TBD
            • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

R614,

You seriously just made my night, I've been trying for weeks to get a hold of them and I'd really appreciate if you could send me the pricing info! My email is kelseyfrazier2010@gmail.com, thank you so much!! 

#558 PattiR

PattiR
            • 8 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

I'm getting married at the La Toc resort in St Lucia and would love some advice from anyone who has gotten married there!!! We are keeping things pretty simple and wondered if anyone had any advice?!?!? 

#559 cheshyreshan

cheshyreshan
              • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mpresid 

Hi St. Lucia brides!

Just wondering if there are any other brides who will be getting married at Windjammer Landing. I'll be married there this November! We stayed there last year and actually got to see a friend's wedding at the venue. It's really beautiful. My only worry is that the beach isn't as private as I would have liked so we may choose to go with a ceremony in the garden.

HI Mpresid,

I just came across the Windjammer Landing and I am wondering how it went.

Thanks in advance!

#560 kbstlucia

kbstlucia
                • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Hi! I was wondering if anybody has had trouble reaching wedding planners recently. I have sent emails to Tropic Isle Weddings, our hotel wedding planner, and the Wedding in St. Lucia planner and have not gotten any responses in a week. How long do they usually take to respond? Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users