*The official St. Lucia Brides CHAT thread*

• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#491 wilsonj2

• 191 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

Monica you looked awesome!  I'm so glad everything turned out so well for you!

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#492 Monica Mai

Monica Mai
    • 66 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:03 AM

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the sweet comments everyone!! 

LilyRose I was so happy about my flowers!!  I did not have to import them, my hotel was able to work with a florist in Castries to get them for me. So I would definitely check with Jade and they  should be able to do the same thing for you. 

Everyone take bug spray!!!  My hubby didn't get bit at all, but I was eaten ALIVE!!  My legs looked absolutely horrible and my hubby referred to all my bites as "wounds" :(   ... better safe than sorry. I didn't see that many bugs but then in the morning I would have a ton of bites so my advice is to just spray some bug spray everyday even if you don't see any bugs.  I am still suffering from my bites after two weeks.  LilyRose at Jade Mountain what we did was bring some citronella candles and we lighted them in the bathroom (that's where we saw the most bugs) and around the pool and that seemed to help. Definitely make sure you keep the mosquito netting around the bed completely closed off. .. . some pesky mosquitos would get in and those suckers were HUGE!!

Enjoy the planning ladies!! 

#493 LilyRose

• 202 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

Thanks Monica Mai for your advices!

Did you bring the citronella candles from home or they were provided by Jade ? I know that they provide coils but maybe just in "high mosquitoes season". LOL

#494 Julee

• 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

Congrats Monica Mai! 

You look fantastic and so content and happy!  Do you happen to know what vendor your coordinator got the flowers from? 

Only 1 more month for me...

#495 Monica Mai

Monica Mai
          • 66 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

Hey everyone!! Hope everyone is enjoying your planning!!

LilyRose -- we brought our own citronella candles with us to burn. I bought two packages of three and just fit them in my suitcase. I think I did see coils, but we've never used those before so we just stuck with what we had.

Julee -- I'll check with Ladera and see if I can get a name for you about the flower vendor.

I am so excited for all you!!! 

If anyone wants to check out our wedding pics, here's a link to the online gallery our photog set up for us. The password is tropics.

There's a TON of them so just browse at your leisure!!

#496 bondgirl0072010

• 789 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

Love that gorgeous fuschia, Wilsonj2! The color reallly pops against the white. Best of luck in your planning!

Originally Posted by wilsonj2 

LilyRose, I know how you feel!  I have a daily panic attack, and I can't really do anything right now, because I'm a teacher and that is taking all my energy right now! Can't wait until the end of May when I can start buying welcome bag goodies and clothes for our trip. 

I did make some big decisions yesterday, and I am so excited to share and see what you guys think.  We are getting married on the beach, and I've been going back and forth on flowers, arches, table decor, etc., but this is what we have decided....

07Chic-and-Natural Arch.jpg

#497 Julee

• 12 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

FANTASTIC PHOTOS!  You look so beautiful Monica Mai!  Looks like you guys had a blast. 

The countdown is on...3 more weeks

#498 Monica Mai

Monica Mai
                • 66 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hi everyone!! Just checking in with everyone to see how the planning is going? Does anyone have a Facebook page? I have a ton of St. Lucia pics if anyone wants to see. 

#499 LilyRose

• 202 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

Thanks Monica Mai for checking on us!  I would love to see your Jade Mountain pics if you have some!!!!

The forum has been quiet lately...I guess everyone is too busy with the planning!

I was a good week for me, I have found my fiancĀ©'s suit and my shoes!

Ceremony shoes:

Late evening shoes (wedges):

#500 Crystalg3

• 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

Monica Mai - Just like LilyRose, I would love to see some Jade Mountain pics. Checked out the others that you posted... beautiful!

LilyRose - I love your ceremony shoes! It is getting closer to your wedding day :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users