*The official St. Lucia Brides CHAT thread*

• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#391 LilyRose

LilyRose
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

Hello ladies!

I do not know if you know this website but it was really helpful to me.

Go to the yellow menu of the webpage and select your wedding month.  It will give you interesting statistics! 

Could be helpful when planning the time frame of your day.

Let me know what you think!

Here is for the July brides:

On a typical July day, during the early morning hours you will probably find the temperature will be around 81.5 degrees. In July, temperatures typically rise to around 84.9 degrees by early afternoon. By the early evening hours in July the temperature will generally fall to somewhere in the vicinity of 80.2 degrees. Overall, temperatures in St. Lucia during July average around 82.9 degrees. During July, rain is most likely to occur around 8:00 AM , and least likely to occur around 2:00 PM . To the extent thunderstorms occur in St. Lucia during July, they are most likely to occur around 8:00 AM , as shown in the following table.

http://stlucia-guide.info/weather/july

LilyRose

#392 BBSL

BBSL
    • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:41 AM

Hello ladies,

Sorry , I really didn't mean to keep you hanging! I couldn't log in again.

I wrote a report for another wedding site that I belong to, am happy to re-post if some one can tell me how to post pictures? 

#393 BBSL

BBSL
      • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

Oh Monica Mai - it rained on me, and the rain was almost sideways, so a big tent would be useful I would say

#394 Monica Mai

Monica Mai
        • 66 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

Thanks so much for the encouraging words!! 

I originally wanted calli lilies, which of course aren't indigenous to St. Lucia and to have them imported was extremely expensive because I couldn't just buy enough for the bouquets -- had to purchase alot of them so decided against it.  It would have been about $400 to get them imported.  Just wanted to let anyone else know if you import flowers in you'll have to buy a large quantity which may or may not be what you need.

One thing my wedding planner did say was that she was contacting a couple of florists in Castries to see if they could accomodate the flowers-- so if any one has problems with flowers that might be an option to give to your hotel.

Will definitely keep you posted -- should hear back next week if they can do it or not.

Originally Posted by LilyRose 

Hi Monica Mai, 

I agree, the tent will be perfect, do not worry about it. :-)

For the flowers, I completely understand how you feel.  I have hesitated many times between real touch and the flowers provided by the resort.  The thing is that you never know what fresh flowers they gonna have and how they are going to look. Our resort made it clear that special flowers need to be imported.

I think you will like the ginger lilies. The wedding arch will look good. I am crossing my fingers for your bouquet! Keep us updated!  It will help other brides to choose their flowers!

LilyRose

#395 Monica Mai

Monica Mai
          • 66 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by BBSL 

Oh Monica Mai - it rained on me, and the rain was almost sideways, so a big tent would be useful I would say

Oh thanks so much for letting me know. I feel much better now about it!!

#396 BBSL

BBSL
            • 18 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:06 AM

Pigeon Island Beach

This is a test - shot of our beach if it works......

#397 amanda2286

amanda2286
              • 162 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

BBSL that's such a beautiful picture.  What resort did you have your wedding at?

#398 Monica Mai

Monica Mai
                • 66 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

Found this video on St. Lucia. Has some beautiful video of the island and It features the hotel where my wedding will be held!!

http://www.theboston...206/detail.html

Enjoy!

#399 wilsonj2

wilsonj2
                  • 191 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for sharing!  I am so ready to be there...

Originally Posted by Monica Mai 

Found this video on St. Lucia. Has some beautiful video of the island and It features the hotel where my wedding will be held!!

http://www.theboston...206/detail.html

Enjoy!

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#400 BBSL

BBSL
                    • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by amanda2286 

BBSL that's such a beautiful picture.  What resort did you have your wedding at?

That is the beach at Pigeon Island - You can hire it for a private ceremony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users