• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#191 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:53 AM

Hey Marie. Nice to see you, but I'm sorry you have to be looking into another location. What a thing the media has turned this swine flu into. Ridiculous.

For photographers, try contacting Ray Hardy from Karay Media. Here's the website: Karay Media Productions - Wedding Photography in St. Lucia Here's his e-mail: ray@karaymedia.com
    I've seen a lot of great things about him and had I not won my photography, I would've booked him.

There is another photographer named Mikael and I believe his company is caled Evision. Here's his e-mail: evision@candw.lc My WC uses him all the time.

What hotels has your TA mentioned? I know you aren't too concrened about that right now, but I can probably give you some pointers about the different locations you're given. I've done so much research on St. Lucia and was there a year and a half ago, so hopefully I can help out.

Good luck Marie. It totally sucks that you're dealing with this. I feel guilty going on the May 2009 thread because so many of you guys are dealing with this craziness. Oh, and if you do switch and keep the same date, we'll probably overlap. I arrive on May 17th!

Let us know anything else you need!

#192 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for that Kirsty.

They mentioned Smugglers Cove and that was it. So i'm searching all over and looking at other hotels but it seems to be mega expensive. I'm hoping they can re-arrange the wedding there and if we have any money i'll try and get a photographer.

The photographer we booked just said they won't refund but will move to another date lol I CAN'T get there lmao So i've lost that then great!!

#193 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

Unfortunately you're going to see quite a price difference from Cancun to St. Lucia. Ask about the Rex Resorts. I believe there are 3 sisters resorts so you can go to all of them and use their facilities. They have the choice of AI or not.

Bay Gardens has 3 sister hotels as well. I believe they have an AI option.

If you're looking for great beach, stay away from the Atlantic side. The Caribbean side is so much prettier IMO. Many of us are getting married on Pigeon Island and then having a reception at a restaurant.

Bottom line, there are some reasonable options on St. Lucia, but if you want the cheap AIs that are in Mexico, it's not as easily to find.

Just out of curiosity, what is your TA quoting you for Smugglers Cove? Right now Expedia has it half off for $200/night per couple and that's AI. That doesn't seem too bad.

#194 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:02 PM

Cheers i'm not so bothered about it being more expensive as long as it's not hidiously so.

We've paid nearly £4,000 for the 2 of us for 14 nights AI so I think even that is expensive for Cancun. If they don't drop the price i'll go direct with the hotel and just book my flights lol

They keep trying to push me to Barbados but I don't want to go so they can shove that idea 2 lol

I get the feeling we are just being palmed off but what they don't understand is that I won't be and if holiday people hand over the cash I WILL take it off them lol

#195 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,368 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:26 PM

I'm trying to remember the conversion rate between pounds and US dollars right now. Oh well.

I'm sure Barbados is nice too, but if you don't want to go there, then you don't want to go there. It's your wedding, you have the right to decide where you get married.

Have you had an interest in any other place? If you end up in St. Lucia, we need to catch up for a drink. You deserve some serious alcohol after all this!

#196 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
            • 2,262 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

I think it's just under 1.5 - it was more when we booked cancun tho.

Never really looked the places we can go are pretty tight for the legal requirements. I think Hawaii, Tobago and Antigua are on the list but I can't get any more info out of the TA funny enough lol

He said today he didn't want "to waste time looking at places if they didn't cancel the flights!" hello some already have lol

#197 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:40 PM

I've definitely decided that I loathe your TA. What a jerk! I believe Antigua has a bunch of AI resorts. Hawaii would take forever for you to get to and I believe that technically they don't have AIs. I've heard Tobago is very quiet and unspoiled. It's supposed to be beautiful there. Honestly, any of those destinations (including St. Lucia) would be lovely.

I'll catch up with you tomorrow. I have to cut out of work to check out the new Yankees stadium. Try to get some sleep tonight!

#198 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                • 2,262 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

God I feel rough lol been out all weekend and ended up going back to the hotel ill!! Anyway rang TA still no news!! My worst fear is now that they don't cancel lol

#199 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,368 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

Uhg, what a headache. Keep me posted!

#200 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                    • 2,262 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

So i've been looking at loads of hotels and the one that was suggested by the TA was the Smugglers Bay one - i've just checked their dress code and its long sleeve shirts on a night! I only just persuaded FI buy shirts and even then he would only get short sleeved ones so it looks like that one is out!!

Not sure what else is in our price range - I'm also thinking of my guests who have now dropped to 3 singles lol so i'm a bit worried if i get a one that's slightly more than we've paid its gonna have a back lash on them that they can't afford.

This is a pigging nightmare lol no pun intended!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users