• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#121 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:18 AM

Looking back at some of my e-mails, it looks like I was quoted about $40 per center piece.

#122 TerpsOfTheCaribbean

TerpsOfTheCaribbean
    • 33 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:58 AM

Can anyone comment on recent airfare to St. Lucia? How much/from where? I've checked sidestep for prices next fall, but I don't know if I should expect them to drop when it's not 9 or 10 months away.

#123 Kla.Kari

Kla.Kari
      • 101 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:00 PM

My FI and I are currently looking for airfare as well. We are going next April and r/t from DFW will cost about $725 each.
        Courtesy of Josh Brown Photography

Pigeon Island, St. Lucia
        April 11, 2009Simply Beautiful

#124 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:10 AM

I doubt airfare is really going to drop. The airlines have a lot of debt to overcome. Our flights from NY were $608 per ticket when we booked in July and it's about $50 higher now. If you have at least 10 people flying with American, make sure you get the wedding discount. It's good for 10% off the flight and it's super easy to get.

Last time I checked the DC area (I have a few guests coming from there), flights were just under $600 with the discount. I think it was $585 with a layover in Miami. Oh, and they just added an evening flight from Miami and additional flight to Miami from St. Lucia which I think is great.

Hope this helps.

#125 vluv61109

vluv61109
          • 73 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:10 PM

Your right I don't think the fare is going to get any cheaper. My only regret is not booking back in July when I checked. It was a $100 cheaper, now checking fare is about $700 from New York. Tha is a lot..

#126 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,368 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:35 AM

They just dropped the flight to/from JFK and St. Lucia on Mondays. I'm SO pissed!

#127 hbintexas

hbintexas
              • 20 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Kristy!
                They just dropped the flight to/from JFK and St. Lucia on Mondays. I'm SO pissed!
                Uhhhhh.... CRAP! We are booked on a Monday (March 9) flight from JFK to St. Lucia!!! I guess I'm off to check and call AA.

*not freaking out... YET*

#128 vluv61109

vluv61109
                • 73 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:01 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by hbintexas
                  Uhhhhh.... CRAP! We are booked on a Monday (March 9) flight from JFK to St. Lucia!!! I guess I'm off to check and call AA.

*not freaking out... YET*
                  Oh, that sucks... I hope Mondays are not dropped. I haven't booked yet, but I will for a Monday fligt in June. How much did you pay for your from from JFK to St. Lucia. Fare is up over $700. That is a lot..

Good luck guys... I will also check to see if Mondays was dropped, before I book. That will be do bad...

#129 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,368 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

I have a multi-city itinerary, so it's different from what you're booking. I'm flying from JFK to St. Lucia, then to Punta Cana, and back to JFK.

Heather, was your flight dropped? I'm not sure when it starts, but I know in May the Monday flight no longer exists. So sad...

#130 hbintexas

hbintexas
                    • 20 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:11 PM

Our itinerary is a little different too. We are actually originating in Dallas, making a connection in JFK and then spending a night in Miami on the way back. I think the fare was around $700 or $800, but I ended up using my AA miles for both tickets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users