Jump to content
Jennifer

*The official St. Lucia Brides CHAT thread*

Recommended Posts

Hi Krystal/Texas Bride!

Welcome to the forum!!!  So are you getting married in St.Lucia?  When and where???  :-) 

 

MEve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mrs Williams 1111 - we went to Ti Banane to eat. The food was out of this world. And not too expensive either.

 

 

MEve - we got married in October. I would be wary of anything with loose curls though, the hunidity the whole time we were there was so bad - even when I curled my hair in the evenings it just managed to drop AND go frizzy - quite an accomplishment! I would either go for some hardcore hair products, or consider an updo. 

Baring in mind my hair, when I left the salon looked like this images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUlSOkMzGrYU4jchmpbXrUrJWOYxbF9Yl8JZFgOIg2yS4XEwK_&t=1 it dropped out really quickly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBSL - thanks for the info...now I'm freakin for my hair.  I wanted to wear my hair loose to dress down my dress (wow, that made for a weird sentence).  It's an A-line, has no train but does have a bit of "poof" at the bottom, and is a bit borderline I find for a beach/destination wedding.  My hairdresser said that hair extensions (made with natural hair) hold curls better...anyone has experience in that???  Anyone going for hair extensions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks MEve! Nope you read it correctly, Nov 12, 2011. BBSL, I've never heard about that restaurant but I'm gonna look into I now. I'm also considering having the reception at the Almond Morgan Bay. They suggested either a beach BBQ or at one of thier restaurants. I'm waiting until everyone officially gets thier deposit in, so I know how many people I'm planning for. People are taking thier sweet time getting thier RSVPs in, but hopefully I'll know for sure by the end of March!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ladies!

 

Do not freak out Marie-Eve! LOL.  My fiancé just loves it when I wear my hairs down.  But after being in Africa so many times, I would also suggest you to do a up or low do. My hairs are very easy to manage here in Canada but it's not that easy under the humid and windy tropics. I am going with a loose soft low do and probably with extensions just to add more volume (I have long blonde and very fine hairs so it will looks fuller with extensions.)  I am also considering real hair extensions.

 

Do not forget that St.Lucia is quite windy.  I watched a wedding video yesterday and the bride was wearing her hairs half way down. We could see from the video that her hairs were going all fizzy and she needed to play with them all the time during the ceremony to not have them in her face.  Same thing for the veil: Take a long one if you wear one because the short one will just go crazy during the beach ceremony!

 

I have seen your dress and I think you do not need to dress it down since it's perfect for a destination wedding.  Just my honest opinion!  You could have a similar "casual" effect by doing a soft loose low-do I think. Hope you are feeling better...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are getting married June 6, 2012 at Pigeon Island. It's our wish to have a small intimate wedding on the beach and Pigeon Island is the best place for that since all St. Lucia beaches are public. We will have a small group - 20 people at the most with us. I decided to go with Tropic Isle Wedding services and they have been awesome so far. As soon as I finish up my STDs, I'll be sure to post pictures as I have this forum to thank for the inspiration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Texas Bride!

welcome.gif

Congratulations!

 

 

I will update our wedding chart so your name will appear on it!

Just do not know yet how to make it a sticky!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by MEve View Post

 

BBSL - thanks for the info...now I'm freakin for my hair.  I wanted to wear my hair loose to dress down my dress (wow, that made for a weird sentence).  It's an A-line, has no train but does have a bit of "poof" at the bottom, and is a bit borderline I find for a beach/destination wedding.  My hairdresser said that hair extensions (made with natural hair) hold curls better...anyone has experience in that???  Anyone going for hair extensions?

Yeah, I know what you mean - loose hair is more "beachy"

I would have 2 hair styles in mind and them perhaps you can see what works once you are out there. I was really stubborn and stuck to my guns the have the hair I had dreamed of, but it really didn't work out and I SHOULD have chosen something else.

 

I don't know about hair extensions I am afraid

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by MrsWilliams1111 View Post

 

Thanks MEve! Nope you read it correctly, Nov 12, 2011. BBSL, I've never heard about that restaurant but I'm gonna look into I now. I'm also considering having the reception at the Almond Morgan Bay. They suggested either a beach BBQ or at one of thier restaurants. I'm waiting until everyone officially gets thier deposit in, so I know how many people I'm planning for. People are taking thier sweet time getting thier RSVPs in, but hopefully I'll know for sure by the end of March!

 

I would look at Morgans Pier if you are going to do it at the resort. You can have the whole end of the pier, and they decorate it nicely. It is a beautiful setting too.

Otherwise actually Le Jardin might be nice, as it is inside and is air conditioned. You might be thankful of that on your dress - I really struggled by the end of the day. 

Just depends on if you have fussy eaters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by TexasBride826 View Post

 

We are getting married June 6, 2012 at Pigeon Island. It's our wish to have a small intimate wedding on the beach and Pigeon Island is the best place for that since all St. Lucia beaches are public. We will have a small group - 20 people at the most with us. I decided to go with Tropic Isle Wedding services and they have been awesome so far. As soon as I finish up my STDs, I'll be sure to post pictures as I have this forum to thank for the inspiration. 

 

Great choice! I loved the beach, it is so lovely, and you get to have photos in the ruins too.

We had 15 guests and it was perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×