*The official St. Lucia Brides CHAT thread*

Jennifer

Hi Ctweety,

Welcome from another St. Lucia bride-to-be! We'll be getting married pretty close together - my wedding day is June 19, 2009. We will be staying at the Rendezvous and getting married there. It'll be just the two of us in St. Lucia but plan on having a fun reception for friends and family when we get back.

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and I just wanted to introduce myself! I'm Shivani and my fiance and I are getting married at the Almond Morgan Bay on August 6, 2009 (which is not too far away). I am currently a grad student so I figured that an all-inclusive resort that did the wedding would be our best bet but our wedding coordinator has not been helpful at all. I am trying to get a hold of a florist and bakery on my own but I have had trouble finding anything on the internet. Does anyone have any recommendations? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

Welcome SNoo48

I don't know how helpful this information will be to you but I just wanted to give you another avenue to try. Many of the ladies in this forum used a company known as Awesome Caribbean Weddings, their website is talktous@awesomecaribbeanweddings.com. This company has helped many of us to plan our wedding down to flowers, caters, venues (ceremony and reception), and etc.. They are extremely prompt and professional and willing to cater to all of your needs. They are an asset to a busy woman like yourself who as a million balls to juggle all at once. You can see if they can somewhat help you at your already chosen location. If they are unable to provides assistance see if they can recommend someone who is able to help.

Good Luck!!

Thanks for the suggestion Ctweety I will definitely shoot them an email in the morning because dealing with my current wedding coordinator is frustrating to the say the least and the whole point of the destination wedding was to cut out the stress of the wedding!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies!

My name is Chantelle...and I too am a St. Lucia soon-to-be Bride! I am SO excited. A bit over three more months to go!

I am getting married at the Sandals Grande St. Lucian; I struggled immensely between this and a private affair catered by ACW! I ended up settling with Sandals as the Property Manager there has been incredible. Absolutely incredible.

I can't wait to check out the rest of this boards threads. I am anxious to see some beachy wedding photographs! I am curious about the native floral bouquets (as this is my request too) as well as the hair, the makeup, and your choices for your dresses!

I look forward to continuing our wedding planning experience together! Good luck to you all and keep us posted!

Hey Chantelle,

It's nice to see another St. Lucia bride who is going the resort route...have you checked trip advisor? There are TONS of pictures from people who have stayed at the resort with honest opinions of the facilities. Also, I have booked a photographer who regularly photographs at the Grande... his name is Bill Mortley if you google him you view some of the pictures he's taken there. As far as the native floral bouquets I'm pretty sure anthuriums and alamandas are standard if you google the flower shack in st. lucia they have some very pretty examples and I'm sure Sandals can match them to your wedding colors. Hopefully this is helpful! And welcome again :)

Hi Sn0048!

Thanks for your response!

I just googled your photographer, Bill Mortley, and it looks as though you will have a great time. He takes some pretty amazing pictures!

Unfortunately, he was (and is no longer) a contract employee of the Regency Resort (not the St. Lucian Grande)

I have done TONS of reseach on TripAdvisor. We are staying at another hotel upon arrival to St. Lucia (the coco palms) for 2 days. I LOVE trip advisor; it was because of that website that I was easily able to select the first two restaurants that we are going to dine at while on vacation!

Your wedding is 2days from tomorrow! YAY!

Chantelle,

It's great to know I'm not the only TripAdvisor junkie :) That's awesome that you're getting to stay at/experience multiple locations! So are you letting Sandals do most of your planning or are you pretty involved in it? I'm in summer school so I had hoped my WC would do most of legwork unfortunately I've had to micromanage from Dallas sad.gif It may also have to do with type A personality) But I have a little less than two months until I'm on a beach sipping fruity drinks and relaxing (is it bad that the vacation sounds better than the wedding right now?) Lol! I'd love to hear more about what you're doing for your wedding!

~Shivani

Oooops! I meant two months...NOT 2 days (it has been a long long day!)

No....I am 100% fully involved within the planning of the wedding. I want to make sure that EVERYTHING that is posted as part of the package that we are paying for is what is going to be given...and what is shown...is not an UPGRADED version of whatever it is that I am looking at!

My parents and my Fiance and I are flying into St. Lucia on Sunday 9/13. We are staying at the coco palms (in Castries, I believe) until the 15th...and then we are checking into the Sandals Grande. Our guests are coming in on the 17th (Thursday) and we have set up a champagne brunch on Friday AM to welcome all of our guests to the resort - and to thank them for traveling so far to celebrate with us!

They will then have until 5PM on Saturday (the 19th) to do as they please. Since it is such a short and costly trip for them...we want everyone to feel as though they are on vacation too...and we do not want to bog them down with feeling obligated to do stuff with us (tours, eating, shopping, etc.) We will have an agenda of things going on that they can particpate in if they so please! This agenda will be placed in their gift bags which will be given to them upon check in.

Our wedding is the Caribbean Sunset wedding (5PM) on Saturday....and all of our guests are departing from St. Lucia on Sunday the 20th. Their flight is at 3PM...and because of the 2hr bus ride, they will be leaving around 12 from the resort!

Are you planning on doing gift bags? Are you fully involved with the wedding planning process yourself?

We are having the ceremony and the reception on the beach. I requested that dinner be prepared AND served beachside. We are also having a Calypso band.

What about you? (YAAAAAAY St. Lucia!)

I'm late to this (for obvious reasons!) but I used the Flower Shack and was SO happy. Deirdre is great to work with and she gave me exactly what I wanted. I got tons of compliments on my bouquet which was all ginger lilies.

For those having their reception at Jacques, everything was great except for the bathroom. It's a bit dingy. Just wanted to give a heads up because I was not expecting that at all. I was very happy with the restaurant though and Cathy is so sweet and easy to work with.

Oh, and I saw where Coco Palm is located. You will not be disappointed. You can walk to everything. Go to The Edge for dinner one night. AMAZING!

I'll have my review up next week. My AHR is this Saturday, so obviously I will be focusing on that. Yay St. Lucia brides!!!!!

Oh, and I saw where Coco Palm is located. You will not be disappointed. You can walk to everything. Go to The Edge for dinner one night. AMAZING!