*The official St. Lucia Brides CHAT thread*

Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy! View Post
I have a multi-city itinerary, so it's different from what you're booking. I'm flying from JFK to St. Lucia, then to Punta Cana, and back to JFK.

Heather, was your flight dropped? I'm not sure when it starts, but I know in May the Monday flight no longer exists. So sad...
No, so far anyway, the Monday flight still exists in March. *fingers crossed*

I think they dropped them all at once, so you're probably good to go. My guess is they decided to only have two direct flights during the off-peak season, which starts in May.

I'm so frustrated with American Airlines. I've had to deal with 3 schedule changes already. Just make a schedule and keep it!

Hi Kelly,

We are using Awesome Caribbean Weddings for our wedding and the photographer they use also does seperate sessions. I haven't worked with him yet (wedding is in March) but I've browsed his website and ACW's site and I really like his work.

I'm not sure if I can post an external link here, but his name is Mikael Lamber, and you should be able to find him is you google his name + St. Lucia.

Hope that helps!

Quote:
I'd like to liven this thread up a little bit. Has anyone looked in particular restaurants or excursions they want to try? We're having our reception dinner at Jacques, but I am dying to try the Rain Forest Cafe. You can only get there by boat!
Great idea, Kristy!

We are also going to Jacques after the wedding. It will just be us and one other couple, so really more of a celebration meal, but I'm excited about it after reading some great things about Jacques! (We are getting married at Pigeon Point - arranged by Awesome Caribbean Weddings.)

We are staying at Nature's Paradise, which is a very smal b&b, with 4 stand alone cabins at Marigot Bay - looks fantastic and the owner is an absolute gem. We are doing several things that were recommended by him - and he is giving us a personal tour of Soufriere and lunch after. Other things we have lined up:

--Climbing Gros Piton
--Zip Line (I need recommendations for this - anyone done it, and can recommend a reputable company?)
--Snorkeling

We are also renting a jeep and will spend lots of time exploring on our own.

I'd love to hear what everyone else is doing or wants to do!

I will be zip-lining as well. I know there are two different lines: One that is all zip-lining and one that is part zip-line, part skyride (like the gondola at a ski resort). I've heard the skyride is pretty boring. The line that has all zip-lining runs out of Dennery, so that's the one I'm going with. I have not researched companies yet.

I've read that you NEED to eat lunch at Dasheen, a restaurant at Ladera. It's between the Pitons and the view is supposed to be completely breaktaking.

We're also going to the Jump-up in Gros Islet the night before our wedding with any of our guests who want to join us. It's a street party they have every Friday to celebrate the arrival of the weekend. There's also a fish fry every Friday night in Anse la Raye which is closer to Marigot Bay. That one is supposed to be a little bit calmer, and honestly, I'd prefer to go to that one, but the jump-up is only 5 minutes away from Villa Capri, so it just makes sense to go there.

I can't wait to get there! I've been there once and it's absolutely gorgeous. This time I'm staying on the opposite end of the island, so I get to experience different things! Woo hoo!

The zip line sounds like fun. I haven't decided yet. I was thinking about doing that as well, but my fiance did not want to. We are looking at maybe doing the rainforest tour. I canit wait to be in St. Lucia. First time there. I am looking forward to it.

Quote:
I will be zip-lining as well. I know there are two different lines: One that is all zip-lining and one that is part zip-line, part skyride (like the gondola at a ski resort). I've heard the skyride is pretty boring. The line that has all zip-lining runs out of Dennery, so that's the one I'm going with. I have not researched companies yet.

I've read that you NEED to eat lunch at Dasheen, a restaurant at Ladera. It's between the Pitons and the view is supposed to be completely breaktaking.

We're also going to the Jump-up in Gros Islet the night before our wedding with any of our guests who want to join us. It's a street party they have every Friday to celebrate the arrival of the weekend. There's also a fish fry every Friday night in Anse la Raye which is closer to Marigot Bay. That one is supposed to be a little bit calmer, and honestly, I'd prefer to go to that one, but the jump-up is only 5 minutes away from Villa Capri, so it just makes sense to go there.

I can't wait to get there! I've been there once and it's absolutely gorgeous. This time I'm staying on the opposite end of the island, so I get to experience different things! Woo hoo!

• 2 weeks later...