*The official St. Lucia Brides CHAT thread*

Jennifer

Good luck LilyRose!  I hope everything is just perfect for you.  We will be following you to St. Lucia on the 12th.  So close! 

Originally Posted by LilyRose View Post

Hi ladies,

Sorry for being so quiet!  I am now leaving for St. Lucia in one week!

Busy, busy, busy!

I just gave our final numbers to the resort which is great considering the time of the  year and the venue.  We have 19 guests travelling with us and 17 of them are all-inclusive (Air Canada Vacations) for 8 days at Anse Chastanet.  We are staying just next door, in the same resort, at Jade Mountain.  Lot of fun we gonna have with our guests!

Also, I decided to go with Mikael Lamber as a photographer.  I have to pay a surcharge since I am not using the resort photographer. I have been in touch with him by emails and Skype, and I think that I will be very pleased with my pictures. Mikael lives in St.Lucia and do wedding shots all over the island.

I will catch up after I come back and let you know about my experience!

Talk to you soon!

Marie

So I just got a quote back from Solar Tours and Travel St.Lucia for transfers from Hewanorra to Cap Estate (at the very top of the island) and they are charging US$20 per person roundtrip!  This is amazing, considering we paid US$30 per person one-way by taxi when we were there last April!

And I wanted to say, beware of what your man is going to wear.  Seersucker might seem appealing, but when someone takes a photo, the pattern distorts really weird and makes psychedelic swirls on the photos.  Photoshop can only correct so much!

Thanks so much for the compliment on my barefoot jewels and pics :) I'm sure everything will be fabulous for your wedding - best of luck!! :)

Originally Posted by wilsonj2 View Post

Chelsea, your jewelry and pictures are beautiful!  Thanks for the recommendations, but I just can't make my fiance wear a suit, although it would look really nice!  I just want him to be comfortable, so I think we're going with a linen shirt/pants combo from www.islandimporter.com .  I think I'm just going barefoot and will pick up some sparkly flip flops somewhere.  Less than a month...can't believe it!

linen pants.jpg

linen shirt.jpg

Hi my name is Nicole and I am possible Saint Lucia Bride.  I am very interested in the island.  I am looking for a nice 4 star resort or villa style place to have about 40 guests maybe.  I am still not sure on anything.  Places are expensive, but I want it to be a nice resort since I plan on having my wedding there.  I love what I have researched on Saint lucia so far,but I am afraid the beaches will disappoint.  Also it could be very buggy.  The Windjammer looks amazing.

Nicole

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I am back form our wedding in St.Lucia!  Wow!  I am still day dreaming about it!

We were in St.Lucia from July 9 to July 16th.  What a week!

I will do a more elaborate review when I will find some time but meanwhile, do you hesitate to ask me any question you may have about the south part of St. Lucia.  We were in Soufriere and stayed at Jade Mountain.  Our 19 guests stayed at Anse Chastanet for the entire week.

I strongly recommend Jade Mountain if you can get married there or have your honeymoon there.  I am still looking for words to describe it.  It is more expensive than other resorts but worths it!  We met other couples honeymooning there and they were glad they choose a 5 nights stay there over a 2 weeks stay in a generic resort.  You can't go wrong there, even in the summer time!  Fiancé (now husband was worry that it would be too hot but it was perfect!  Having our own infinity pool in our room was awesome!

Here is few generic advices for all of the St.Lucia brides to be:

- We choose an outside photographer from St.Lucia.  His name is Mikael Lamber and I strongly recommend it.  We were able to exchange emails with him BEFORE the wedding and he even planned a Skype meeting with me few weeks before departure.  He is really great and kind!  Husband and I are not huge photo fans and were exhausted after the wedding!  He was so patient and positive!

-Gravol: I have not been to the north of the island so I can not comment on the road but the drive from the airport to Soufriere is quite nauseous.  I am glad I took a Gravol (anti nauseous med.) in the plane before landing.

- Hair: I am SO glad I had my hair in a up-do!  It is so humid and very windy!  Honestly, think about that ladies when considering your hair style.  I had some real hair extensions put in for more volume and they hold the curl very well but this would not have been enough to keep them look good!

- Veil: If you are planning having a veil, choose a long one (mine was to the floor) since the wind will blow in it.  I have gorgeous pictures because of that!  I do not think it would have look so good with a shorter veil since it would be all up in the air!

-Customs- Immigration: Very friendly!  We had 6 suitcases (if you are travelling business with Air Canada or having a Elite status, take advantage of this!) and they asked us why we had so much. We told them we were getting married and no problem!  I did not have to show my receipts for OOT bags or anything.  Very convenient and quick customs!

- For Canadian Brides: We left Vancouver hoping to purchase some duty-free champagne on our connecting flight in Toronto.  We were disappointed to see the selection at Toronto-Pearson.  Just Canadian Champagne or Baby Duck!  Do not rely on the International Duty free in Toronto, it is very disappointing, specially if you are used to shop at the nice ones in Europe.

- I purchased some nice chocolate truffles at the Duty-free to give to the crew onboard.  They really appreciated it and recognized us on the way back!

- Travelling with the dress with Air Canada: Inconsistent... I was able to put my gown in the business class closet for the first leg (travelling between Vancouver and Toronto) but not on the smaller aircraft (A319) between Toronto and St. Lucia.  Their closet is very small and the crew is using it.  So I put my dress on the overhead bin.  You should not worry, the humidity makes everything look wrinkles free in St.Lucia!  I should not have worry so much!

-Another tip for Canadian brides: We invited everyone in the Air Canada Lounge in Toronto so we had a free breakfast together before the flight.  We were able to introduce everyone and it was such a great start!  Some guests (including me and husband) also took a shower before continuing the trip to St.Lucia.

- Finally, OOT bags were awesome but I wanted something for the flight as well. I had prepared Flight Comfort Kit to give to each guest when boarding.  These kits were a HUGE hit!  I should do a post for that in the near future!

Well, let me know if I can be useful to any of the future St.Lucia brides!

LilyRose

P.S. The first two pictures were taken in our room!  Really!

268026_191303184259660_100001399399968_595457_6269742_n.jpgWedding Images0735.jpg

Wedding Images2330.jpg

Comfort Kit for the flight:

flight.jpg

LilyRose, thank you so much for your post.  I am planning on getting married next July at the Windjammer.  The north part of the island.  Your pictures are great and I'd love to hear more about that photographer and your welcome bag (especially the airplane one).  You look so beautiful.  Thanks for the comment on hair.  I have hair that does frizz and was considering half up styles which may not be wise.  Also the comment on the veil is something not a lot of brides talk about.  If you could post some more details I think all the Saint Lucia brides would love it.

Thanks again

nicole

Congrats LilyRose! You looked beautiful and the pics in front of the Pitons are breathtaking!!

Originally Posted by LilyRose View Post

Hello everyone!

I am back form our wedding in St.Lucia!  Wow!  I am still day dreaming about it!

We were in St.Lucia from July 9 to July 16th.  What a week!

I will do a more elaborate review when I will find some time but meanwhile, do you hesitate to ask me any question you may have about the south part of St. Lucia.  We were in Soufriere and stayed at Jade Mountain.  Our 19 guests stayed at Anse Chastanet for the entire week.

I strongly recommend Jade Mountain if you can get married there or have your honeymoon there.  I am still looking for words to describe it.  It is more expensive than other resorts but worths it!  We met other couples honeymooning there and they were glad they choose a 5 nights stay there over a 2 weeks stay in a generic resort.  You can't go wrong there, even in the summer time!  Fiancé (now husband was worry that it would be too hot but it was perfect!  Having our own infinity pool in our room was awesome!

Here is few generic advices for all of the St.Lucia brides to be:

- We choose an outside photographer from St.Lucia.  His name is Mikael Lamber and I strongly recommend it.  We were able to exchange emails with him BEFORE the wedding and he even planned a Skype meeting with me few weeks before departure.  He is really great and kind!  Husband and I are not huge photo fans and were exhausted after the wedding!  He was so patient and positive!

-Gravol: I have not been to the north of the island so I can not comment on the road but the drive from the airport to Soufriere is quite nauseous.  I am glad I took a Gravol (anti nauseous med.) in the plane before landing.

- Hair: I am SO glad I had my hair in a up-do!  It is so humid and very windy!  Honestly, think about that ladies when considering your hair style.  I had some real hair extensions put in for more volume and they hold the curl very well but this would not have been enough to keep them look good!

- Veil: If you are planning having a veil, choose a long one (mine was to the floor) since the wind will blow in it.  I have gorgeous pictures because of that!  I do not think it would have look so good with a shorter veil since it would be all up in the air!

-Customs- Immigration: Very friendly!  We had 6 suitcases (if you are travelling business with Air Canada or having a Elite status, take advantage of this!) and they asked us why we had so much. We told them we were getting married and no problem!  I did not have to show my receipts for OOT bags or anything.  Very convenient and quick customs!

- For Canadian Brides: We left Vancouver hoping to purchase some duty-free champagne on our connecting flight in Toronto.  We were disappointed to see the selection at Toronto-Pearson.  Just Canadian Champagne or Baby Duck!  Do not rely on the International Duty free in Toronto, it is very disappointing, specially if you are used to shop at the nice ones in Europe.

- I purchased some nice chocolate truffles at the Duty-free to give to the crew onboard.  They really appreciated it and recognized us on the way back!

- Travelling with the dress with Air Canada: Inconsistent... I was able to put my gown in the business class closet for the first leg (travelling between Vancouver and Toronto) but not on the smaller aircraft (A319) between Toronto and St. Lucia.  Their closet is very small and the crew is using it.  So I put my dress on the overhead bin.  You should not worry, the humidity makes everything look wrinkles free in St.Lucia!  I should not have worry so much!

-Another tip for Canadian brides: We invited everyone in the Air Canada Lounge in Toronto so we had a free breakfast together before the flight.  We were able to introduce everyone and it was such a great start!  Some guests (including me and husband) also took a shower before continuing the trip to St.Lucia.

- Finally, OOT bags were awesome but I wanted something for the flight as well. I had prepared Flight Comfort Kit to give to each guest when boarding.  These kits were a HUGE hit!  I should do a post for that in the near future!

Well, let me know if I can be useful to any of the future St.Lucia brides!

LilyRose

P.S. The first two pictures were taken in our room!  Really!

268026_191303184259660_100001399399968_595457_6269742_n.jpgWedding Images0735.jpg

Wedding Images2330.jpg

Comfort Kit for the flight:

flight.jpg