*The official St. Lucia Brides CHAT thread*

Jennifer

Thanks Julee,

No, I guess it's not easy for you to plan with your travels and work...At least, you have the right attitude and all the essential stuff is covered.  Are you doing any special activity with your guests during the week?

I have a special thought for Monica Mai who is getting married this Saturday (April 16th) Whoo Hoo! plane.gif

After a cancelled wedding in November because of the tropical storm, she deserves really the most amazing wedding ever!

If we do not have the chance to see you online before the big day, I want to send you my best wishes for your marriage and wedding day!

I can't wait to read your reviews about Ladera and Jade Mountain when you will be back! 

Enjoy, you gonna have the time of your life!

LilyRose, I know how you feel!  I have a daily panic attack, and I can't really do anything right now, because I'm a teacher and that is taking all my energy right now! Can't wait until the end of May when I can start buying welcome bag goodies and clothes for our trip. 

I did make some big decisions yesterday, and I am so excited to share and see what you guys think.  We are getting married on the beach, and I've been going back and forth on flowers, arches, table decor, etc., but this is what we have decided....

07Chic-and-Natural Arch.jpg

Island-Paradise-Bouquet-200x300.jpg

Beautiful-Beginnings-table-setting.png

Beautiful-Beginnings-cake.png

I'm loving the feel of the purple and orange now! I'm usually into simple/earthy colors, but I decided to go all the way tropical.  Getting so excited now that it is all coming together and so close!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilyRose View Post

Good morning ladies!

OMG! OMG!  3 months to go!  I did not sleep well last night thinking that we just have 3 months left.  OMG!

I really feel the need to stop thinking about things and start "doing" them! LOL

Have a good day!

LilyRose

Hey ladies! Glad to hear everyones plans are going well, especially those of us who have weddings fast approaching :-) Thanks MEve for posting info on all the info on the various resorts (especially AMB, which is where we are staying with our guests. I agree with you about the looks of the gazebo, so I'm glad we chose tohave our wedding site elsewhere) So I'm still trying to pin down my exact number of guest, although we asked for everyone to confirm and put down their deposit on March 15!! I am a little angry about that because we practically have to chase people down, so we can give our final numbers to ACW and so we can plan for the reception. But I guess it's jut part of the process of planning a destination wedding to deal with guests who aren't as anal about my wedding planning as I am, Lol! So far we have about 22 guests confirmed out of the 30 we invited, and I'm fine with that. And I picked up some cute wooden fans at Pier One (they were on sale for a dollar each!) for out of town bags! I haven't begun dress shopping yet so that will be my next project. Happy planning ladies!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

It's been quiet here since a while.  How everybody's doing?

MEve, have you found a new venue?

Monica Mai, are you back from St.Lucia?  Can't wait to hear from you and your wedding!

Wilsonj2, I love the choices you made regarding the wedding details...the arche is gorgeous! 

MrsWilliams, 22 guests from 30 is a very high participation rate!  Congrats!

Can't wait to hear from you all,

LilyRose

Hello ladies!!

I am back! We got back really late last Friday . .. and have been going through St. Lucia withdrawals all week.

The wedding was absolutely A-mazing and each and every one of you ladies are going to be so happy you decided to choose St. Lucia as your destination wedding spot!!  I am so glad we decided to wait to the wedding there.

When we first got there is was rainy and dreary. .. which I was a bit upset about but by the end of the week things started to clear up. The Friday night pre-wedding celebration was great! Weather was perfect.  Wedding day Saturday started off extremely HOT and then the rain clouds rolled in.. . but, we were able to make it through the pictures, ceremony and the cocktail hour with no rain!!  We originally had planned the reception dinner for outside by the pool, but by then the rain came in and they had to move everything inside.  The restaurant has an open concept and no air conditioning and after the rain (it lasted maybe 30 minutes) it was super hot and muggy. At the dinner table I had my dress all hiked up!! Ha Ha!  The only regret I have is that I didn't like my hairstyle for the wedding. . . .so we might take some additional photos .. . but I'm waiting to see how the all the photos look.

and then we  went to Jade Mountain!!  Oh Lily Rose you have chosen the most beautiful and ultra luxurious hotel EVER!! We loved every single minute of our stay there. You should definitely try and have the ceremony at the celestial terrace... from up there you have the Pitons in the background and also you have views of the most beautiful sunsets.  Message me any questions you might have. We loved it so much we are planning a vow renewal there in 5 years!!  Just be ready to climb up and down stairs!!! 

If anyone's interested in sneak pick of our pics check out our photogs blog.. . . www.christinehallphotograpy.com  .. . when you get to the site click on blog and scroll down.. . the first shot of us is us standing on a small dock -- the title is St. Lucia wedding.

I'll post more over the weekend for yall!

Monica!!

Monica Mai!

I am so happy to have news form you!  CONGRATULATIONS! You are a Mrs!!!!

I am so excited, I will go see your pics right now!

You made the best of the weather when keeping a great attitude, this is fantastic!

Thanks for the review regarding Jade Mountain! I'm glad you have enjoyed your honeymoon there!  I am getting married FOR SURE on the Celestial Terrace!

I'm going to sneak pick your pics and I'm back!

Cheers,

LilyRose

WOW Monica Mai!

You are gorgeous!  What a good preview of your wedding pics!

Dennis and you are so lovely together! A very good looking couple!

I do not know how you style your hairs usually but I think that they look good! 

And what about the flowers! Your flowers were amazing!  Did you get them imported ? Wow!

You are a gorgeous bride and I can't wait to see your final pics!

LilyRose